laugh.gif

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

yup nique sucked

so did Dr J

the sports takes just keep getting better and better as time passes

welcome to 2010 i guess
indifferent.gif

how are you gonna fail harder than OP

I think at the time the dunks were awesome, but the replay factor on the dunk contest dunks are ehhhh.

MJ and Dr. J's dunks still look pretty, but I feel like there are 6-8 guys in the league now that could pull off his signature dunks and make them look good.

OP actually had a valid argument, imo. And LOL @ some ppl callin out 90s babies when they were probably born in the mid 80s...like you were 3 years old dissecting Nique's tomahawks.

If you're going to call out Nique, you should've called out MJ too, because he did the same dunk in every contest as well... shoot... I think he even did the freethrow line dunk twice in a contest and a Kiss the Rim twice in one contest too... with that said, those dunks were timeless and STILL amazing to watch...

I don't agree with OP saying Dominique's dunks sucked, but I do agree with him saying Terrence Stansbury was slept ton... dude was doing some impressive dunks in the contest.

Yeah, if you're gonna slam Nique, then slam Jordan as well because I think his dunk contest performances were overrated, for the most part. He also robbed Nique in the contest in Chicago. He got the home court victory.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Yeah, if you're gonna slam Nique, then slam Jordan as well because I think his dunk contest performances were overrated, for the most part. He also robbed Nique in the contest in Chicago. He got the home court victory.
How dare you.

His dunks in the 1985 SDC was, for me, the best compared to other years he joined in. Yup, it's kind of overrated but I will never associate any player to the word "Windmill" aside from 'Nique...

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

Dominique was an awesome dunker... Never understood why he'd always jump using 2 feet though.
thats what made him impressive... jumping off 2 feet from distance is hard as a mutha

nique was sick, i donno what some of you guys are talking about.
he had hops, power, and was super explosive. he wasnt a smooth guy at all

but dunking all comes down to ones taste

Who in the HELL is Shannon Brown??? You come in here makin a post dissin Dominique Wilkins and then got the audacity to predict Shannon Brown of all people as the 2010 Slam Dunk Champion! Jerry Buss would trade Shannon Brown today for Dominique and he's 50!

Shut. Up.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

There's nothing wrong with Nique's dunks, but plenty wrong with your taste. Nique is easily the second best dunker ever.

Not so fast homie...lets not forget Dr. J, Shawn Kemp, and Vince Carter.  All 3 IMO were better or as good of dunkers as Nique...

Back
Top Bottom