DONE DEAL: Shaq to Cleveland for Sasha Pavlovic and Ben Wallace/ EDIT: Villanueva next???

In two days the Suns and Warriors have made themselves an after thought on the schedule.....and this trade wont do a damn thing.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Lakers won a championship with a 39 year old career who was than Shaq was at this point in there career, Lebron can and will do the same.

What does this mean? Can you clean this up so I can understand

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

Lakers won a championship with a 39 year old career who was than Shaq was at this point in there career, Lebron can and will do the same.

39 year old Kareem who older than shaq at this point in his career. my bad.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yungchamp

i'm not buying 2k10
smh.gif
Playing against them is like trying to do a lay up on the great wall of china
laugh.gif

but good stuff clevland....let's hope this means a ring.

I have the same feeling i had when all those players went to the lakers in 04, GP Karl Malone and such. Seems like they're trying too hard.
So Ben wallace is in PHX
laugh.gif
Seems SO out of place.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

lakers fans shaking in their purple and gold tights lolololololol ... cavs championship ... thank god ...

grin.gif
I think we'll be alright.

They still won't win a damn thing unless they get one more decent player. Lakers fans aren't shaking in any boots, we just won a championship.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

IF Cleveland is done dealing then this means nothing
Exactly what I was thinking. Unless Boston blows team chemistry up, which might happen if they do in fact trade Rondo/ Allen; I don't see anall around better team in the East than a healthy Celtics. The Cavs need a hell of a lot more than just Snaq to win a title.

I don't get why they didn't pull the trigger on this deal back in April. This deal won't mean jack if the Cavs don't do more to support Lebron.I'll be surprised if Shaq plays over 50 games. Desperate move by the Cavs....

I'm loving all these trades this year.

Shaq's new nickname will be ............The Big Blizzard
laugh.gif

I would LOVE to see the Cavs and Magic meet again in the playoffs, and have Dwight just abuse Shaq and make him eat every word he's ever said about Dwight.That would make me almost as happy as the Lakers winning it all again
laugh.gif
Not really.

Seriously though, while I don't think this move=automatic championship, as a fan of basketball I'm really excited about having two of the mostphysically dominant players ever on the same team (even though Shaq is past his prime).

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Exactly what I was thinking. Unless Boston blows team chemistry up, which might happen if they do in fact trade Rondo/ Allen; I don't see an all around better team in the East than a healthy Celtics. The Cavs need a hell of a lot more than just Snaq to win a title.

laugh.gif

you guys crack me up ... does anyone watch basketball or do yall just yell kobe at the screen every time he scores? the cavs were missing one thing in theseplayoffs and that was an interior presence ... z couldnt guard a soul and when his jumper was off he was non existent on the offensive end ... saying the cavsneed "a lot" more is !!%##!+ ******ed ... they were 2 games away from the finals last year and d howard was able to roam all around on the defensiveend cuz he didnt have to worry about any big men ...

if you actually understand basketball you would realize how much of a liability having a "perimiter" center with no post game is on a team like thecavaliers ... guards can stick their men up by the three point line instead of having to sag down and double ... d howard didnt have to do a thing on d exceptwait for someone to drive and try to block their shot ...

insert shaqapotomous and the whole game changes ... now, instead of the cavs guards driving and kicking for three every time, they have the chance to throw alob to a big man ... d howard has to stay on his man a tad bit longer ... not to mention howards on ball defense is HORRIBLE and shaq will abuse his %#+ ... tosay with this trade the cavs arent any closer to a ship is just stupid ...

shaq back in the east
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Exactly what I was thinking. Unless Boston blows team chemistry up, which might happen if they do in fact trade Rondo/ Allen; I don't see an all around better team in the East than a healthy Celtics. The Cavs need a hell of a lot more than just Snaq to win a title.

laugh.gif

you guys crack me up ... does anyone watch basketball or do yall just yell kobe at the screen every time he scores? the cavs were missing one thing in these playoffs and that was an interior presence ... z couldnt guard a soul and when his jumper was off he was non existent on the offensive end ... saying the cavs need "a lot" more is !!%##!+ ******ed ... they were 2 games away from the finals last year and d howard was able to roam all around on the defensive end cuz he didnt have to worry about any big men ...

if you actually understand basketball you would realize how much of a liability having a "perimiter" center with no post game is on a team like the cavaliers ... guards can stick their men up by the three point line instead of having to sag down and double ... d howard didnt have to do a thing on d except wait for someone to drive and try to block their shot ...

insert shaqapotomous and the whole game changes ... now, instead of the cavs guards driving and kicking for three every time, they have the chance to throw a lob to a big man ... d howard has to stay on his man a tad bit longer ... not to mention howards on ball defense is HORRIBLE and shaq will abuse his %#+ ... to say with this trade the cavs arent any closer to a ship is just stupid ...

shaq back in the east
pimp.gif
First of all I have been watching basketball since you were swimming in your pops, junior. Secondly, I am not a Lakers or a Kobe fan. Keep havingdelusions of grandeur and we will see who's laughing when the Cavs aren't hoisting *#%% up come next June
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

39 year old Kareem who older than shaq at this point in his career. my bad.
laugh.gif

LOL Thanks

Shaq is definitely an improvement over any of their bigs they had, but they still have no bench

so until they get a bench they still won't win a 'ship

Back
Top Bottom