DONE DEAL: Shaq to Cleveland for Sasha Pavlovic and Ben Wallace/ EDIT: Villanueva next???

Kobe Vs. Shaq and Lebron
laugh.gif

If this doesn't happen in the finals next year i'd be SHOCKED. Word to $tern

Either way this is good motivation for Kobe and Phil to bring the whole team back and shut these fools down. Is the X-mas day matchup scheduled yet?

Originally Posted by franchise3

Phoenix should fire Kerr period right now.

At the time one of the most promising players in Matrix and this is the end result of dealing him
laugh.gif

but the suns where never going to win %%++, this had to be done and its not kerr its upper mangment

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by knightngale

A motivated Shaq could not play any type of defense with the suns.
laugh.gif
@ people thinking he can guard Dwight or KG 1 on 1

Cavs fans will proclaim themselves world champions after a 10-0 start

now they have Shaq, Z, and Varejao to defend quicker big men like Turk, Lewis, KG, etc

the cavs need to do more if they want to at least make the finals
dwight has very little post game, but yet looked like hakeem v. Z. as long as shaq can body him, and dwight get his 17-18 and 10, they'll beat the magic. they couldn't b/c dwight put up 26 and 13 v. them in round 3.

shaq never guarded KG. he'll guard perkins.

anything is possible with lebron james.
Howard's strength is his face up move when he does does mini drive to the basket and that is something Shaq HAS NEVER been able to guard. Iremember Duncan always doing the move on him cause he could not post him up that much. If you think that Shaq has quicker feet than Z
smh.gif

The magic's main weapon is the pick n roll, which is something Shaq guards even worse than Big Z . The magic can get open looks ALL DAY with shaqdefending the pick n roll. Howard is the best defensive big man in the NBA so Shaq is not gonna be very effective on offense with him.

Anything is possible with lebron? Even with ref help he got humiliated by the Magic
pimp.gif

Some cavs fans at their real cavs fans messageboard are already proclaiming themselves world champions
roll.gif

With Shaq you get a great physical post presence but take away a mid range jumpshot and add slower footwork if they start him over Z.
Shaq has slower footwork than Z?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

So USA takes down the TOP SEEDED and HEAVILY FAVORED Spain, a baseball national championship was won today (LSU over Texas), and the lead story on ESPN is... this?

laugh.gif
x
smh.gif
they've been running the Team USA story all day, and LSU was on ESPN.com's frontpage for the past couple hours...

this trade is breaking news as of like 30 minutes ago. obviously it will be the lead story now.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

So USA takes down the TOP SEEDED and HEAVILY FAVORED Spain, a baseball national championship was won today (LSU over Texas), and the lead story on ESPN is... this?

laugh.gif
x
smh.gif
Anything involving Lebron gets front page.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mjrulez29

I don't understand why the suns do this trade, doesnt help them what so ever. Wonder if shaq asked to be traded.
Money, my friend.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ my dude Zo... I knew he would be jumping for joy.

Well now I'm just waiting to see if the team gets blown up, or if we're still tryin' to piece together some last ditch effort.

Sasha and an expiring Big Ben for Matrix...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Anywho, I'm actually eager to see who we go with for that late 46th pick. If there is a God, please take Tyrese Rice.

I'd also be fine with the likes of Jerrells, Danny Green, Leo Lyons, Meeks, Adrien.

Question:

It was reported that CLE had the choice of Tyson Chandler and Shaq.

Who would you roll with?

Give me Shaq every time

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Cavs @ Lakers Christmas Day, ABC book it.

Epic...but shaq isnt much of an upgrade for the cavs, basically seems like a one more time thing for lebron and the people of cleveland.

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

I can't believe people think that this isn't a good move by Cleveland.

It is a good move, but they need more size on the wing and in the coaching department.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

It IS a good move by Cleveland... the only people debating that are morons.

It's just not the move to put them over the top.
Agreed.

Man I wish Shaq would just stick with a team and retire, stop chasing rings.

If the Cavs dont' win it all this year I won't be surprised if he tries to go back to Orlando to finish out his career "where it all started"and try to win one last chip.

Gasol not known for his defense helped limit Dwight, and we're questioning if Shaq can? He can put a body on dude.

Phoenix and D don't belong in the same sentence so you can't use that as a measuring stick.

Also I think I read Ferry wanted VC but I think ownership wanted Shaq
Gasol was effective cause he has quick feet for a big man. Shaq is slower than Ilgauskas. Gasol is pretty good at defending big men that face uplike Duncan and Howard.
He can't body up on drives or he will foul out.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Cavs @ Lakers Christmas Day, ABC book it.
Agreed.

But why are the games always in LA bring that +!%% to the East Coast Primetime.
laugh.gif

Magic&
Lakers&
Heat&
Suns&
now the Cavs...

I was hoping to see dude back home in L.A. But I wish em the best of luck (Stats wise word to LeBron).

Magic&
Lakers&
Heat&
Suns&
now the Cavs...

I was hoping to see dude back home in L.A. But I wish em the best of luck (Stats wise word to LeBron).

the nba just received a gift.
what would be more entertaining than a potential kobe vs lebron finals?
a kobe vs. lebron and shaq finals.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

Gasol not known for his defense helped limit Dwight, and we're questioning if Shaq can? He can put a body on dude.

Phoenix and D don't belong in the same sentence so you can't use that as a measuring stick.

Also I think I read Ferry wanted VC but I think ownership wanted Shaq
Pau and Lamar are way more quicker than shaq and z
laugh.gif
will dwight be able to get position v. shaq at all? and shaq and Z ain't gonna play together. ppl need to use their basketball sense. if shaq played anywhere close to last yr and give them 16 and 8 or something like that, they'll be a better team. shaq's presence in the paint for them will be huge b/c unlike with phoenix, they actually slow the game down and play D
use your basketball sense

Dwight gets good position cause he outruns the other big man and on pick n rolls because the other team's center has to show. He does not need to pusharound shaq to get good position because he can use his speed to get there first.
Even shaq can not do a damn thing if Howard is right under the basket.

Shaq's pick n roll and transition defense is TERRIBLE

Back
Top Bottom