DONE DEAL: Shaq to Cleveland for Sasha Pavlovic and Ben Wallace/ EDIT: Villanueva next???

not a bad move, but not a terrifc move for cavs either. why couldn't they get amare? as i said before, shaq will help, but they need more than that. cancavs move up on the draft and draft Clark of Johnson?

even tho he got traded and didnt sign on his own free will, this reeks of laker payton and malone to me.

Originally Posted by knightngale

I thought the bucks got rid of Jefferson to offer more money to Charlie V. How can the cavs compete?
Charlie thinks he won't be back (via hoopsworld).

"Charlie Villanueva is enjoying his Twitter account at least as much as any other player in the NBA, and more than most. The recurring theme has been thatmore moves are coming for the Bucks, followed closely by his own feeling that he won't be back in Milwaukee next season. In fact, it's been suggestedby those close to Villanueva that he would play for the Cleveland Cavaliers for the MLE. While that might be a little bit high for Villanueva, whose defensivelapses are constantly causes for concern, this might be the first legitimate Cavaliers rumor we've had all summer.

"I was actually very surprised; I didn't think Milwaukee would pull such a move," Villanueva said on ESPN 450 in Milwaukee. "I thought RJ(Richard Jefferson) would be around for a little bit but I understand the financial situation that they're in. I was a little shocked at first. It'sgoing to be an interesting summer."

When Villanueva first head about the trade he thought the Bucks had made the move with re-signing him in mind. After all, Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and FabricioOberto all have ending deals, and collectively they saved the Bucks $3 million this season and $15 million in 2010-11.

"That's definitely the first thing that came in to mind," said Villanueva. "I knew what the financial situation that Milwaukee was in, thefact that they make some room brings questions: If it's for me or Ramon Sessions. It's all speculation 'cause you realize at the end of the day,you don't know exactly what's going to happen. Milwaukee, I've yet to talk to them so I don't know exactly what's on their mind."

Of course, the subsequent addition to the trade, which involved Pistons forward Amir Johnson heading to the Bucks and Oberto going to Detroit changedVillanueva's take on the whole situation.

"The fact that you bring that news to me - Amir Johnson's going to the Bucks - there are a lot of bigs in that position. Just like I said, I have nottalked to Milwaukee, so I don't what they're thinking or what's in their minds as far as me, what's their plans. But, it's kind of lookinglike I won't be there if those many bigs are there, but at the end of the day, you don't know what's going to happen."

Things continue to get more interesting, for sure. One thing that seems to be crystal clear is that the Bucks have made their choice. Coming into the summerthey knew they couldn't afford both Villanueva and Ramon Sessions. They have now effectively replaced Charlie, so Sessions is likely to be their long-termback court choice."

I do like the Bron/Shaq avy
laugh.gif

brought it back

Really though all they need is AI and they will become circa 2004 Lakers with Kobe, Shaq, Malone, Payton...just a traveling circus. Make it happen Danny!

MisterP0315:
I wonder how many other veteran players will try to whorify themselves onto the Cavs now.
eyes.gif
smh.gif

I have this weird feeling (based on absolutely nothing
laugh.gif
)that Kidd will try to et in CLE.

Though the Cavs can't afford him, or even come close to affording him, right (those of you that know all the contract stuff)?

The trade gives the Cavs a player they've coveted since February. With center Zydrunas Ilgauskasstarting to break down, adding Shaq to the roster gives them a dominant force in the middle. The Cavs were obviously unhappy with their ability to defend Dwight Howard in the playoffs and bringing Shaq into the fold should help. O'Neal averaged 17.8 points and 8.4 rebounds per game last season and made his 15th All-Star game.

Oxy-Moron

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Really though all they need is AI and they will become circa 2004 Lakers with Kobe, Shaq, Malone, Payton...just a traveling circus. Make it happen Danny!
...And lose again. The Cavs aren't getting any other veterans unless they sign to the MLE. Aren't they close to the luxury tax threshold?

I'm interested in how Bron will play this season more than anything. His rebounding numbers are going to drop and with a still(although a bit improved)suspect jumper I can't see him scoring the same either. Definitely won't be able to drive like he has his whole career. Although it did work inMiami.........
nerd.gif

Ben Wallace and Sasha are gone? AND the Cavs get Shaq in return? I hear the heavens singing....

Originally Posted by JsindaA

I'm interested in how Bron will play this season more than anything. His rebounding numbers are going to drop and with a still(although a bit improved) suspect jumper I can't see him scoring the same either. Definitely won't be able to drive like he has his whole career. Although it did work in Miami.........
nerd.gif

Consider that defenses can't cheat off Shaq like they did Ben Wallace...

is joe smith staying? how many #1 overalls are the Cavs gonna have? might as well sign Kwame.

pimp.gif
Can't wait for the all the Sports Talk Shows + Draft tomorrow.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

you forgot to post the vid from the same game where Shaq flops to the ground while Dwight dunks over him.
36613527.jpg

"There was only one center flopping out there on the floor tonight...and it wasn't ours"

Either way, The Lakers (or Spurs) are still winning a championship in 2010 and Lebron skips town.

But those lay-up line photo routines will be PRETTY interesting with the Big Shaqawaque in there, lol.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

you forgot to post the vid from the same game where Shaq flops to the ground while Dwight dunks over him.
36613527.jpg

"There was only one center flopping out there on the floor tonight...and it wasn't ours"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

MisterP0315:
I wonder how many other veteran players will try to whorify themselves onto the Cavs now.
eyes.gif
smh.gif
I have this weird feeling (based on absolutely nothing
laugh.gif
) that Kidd will try to et in CLE.

Though the Cavs can't afford him, or even come close to affording him, right (those of you that know all the contract stuff)?
I doubt it.

Cuban can throw millions at Kidd, he's one of the only teams that can offer him that, and Kidd/Cuban have a love-affair, that's already established.

Is it possible? Definitely.

Do I see it happening? Nope. Maybe a rumor or two, but I see Kidd retiring in Dallas.

Back
Top Bottom