-[ DON'T STOP BELIEVINGGGGGGGG (colts vs bolts) ]-

[h1]Colts, Chargers look to rebound from disappointing losses[/h1]
Associated Press

After coming up short in one of the most-hyped regular-season games of the last decade, the first-place Indianapolis Colts don't have much breathing room atop the AFC South.
[table][tr][td]
nfl_image_7168.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Andy Lyons / Getty Images[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colts RB Joseph Addai gained 226 yards from scrimmage against the Patriots last week.[/td] [/tr][/table]
The Colts try to bounce back from their tough loss on Sunday night when they visit the underachieving San Diego Chargers, who are coming off their most humiliating defeat of the season.

Indianapolis (7-1) fell to New England 24-20 last Sunday in a matchup featuring the NFL's final two unbeaten teams.

The Colts took a 20-10 lead with 9:42 left in the game on PeytonManning's 1-yard sneak into the end zone, but the defense allowed two long pass plays in the final minutes as the Patriots took over.

"That hurts the most," cornerback Kelvin Hayden said."The main thing we have to focus on is the fourth quarter, and that's something we've got to learn from."

Indianapolis' lead over second-place Tennessee in the division is down to one game, and the Colts must now avoid any further letdowns -- something theystruggled with last season.

The Colts started the 2006 season 9-0 before losing 21-14 at Dallas on Nov. 19. Indianapolis ended up losing four of its final seven games and missed out ona coveted first-round bye in the playoffs.

"We had the same situation last year when we went to Dallas and had the lead and couldn't hold it and then we got into a stretch where wedidn't play very good football," Colts coach Tony Dungy said. "This is the same thing as last year. So we've got to bounce back and do it alittle better than last year.

"I think we know what's at stake and we can't afford a letdown after this loss."

The Chargers (4-4), meanwhile, are trying to get back on track following last Sunday's 35-17 road loss to a Minnesota team which entered with a 2-5record.

Vikings rookie Adrian Peterson rushed for an NFL single-game record of 296 yards, while reigning NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson was held to 40 yards on 16 carries.

"We got our butt kicked. Point blank," All-Pro outside linebacker Shawne Merriman said.

San Diego entered last Sunday's game with the seventh-best rush defense, but has since dropped all the way to 22nd, allowing an average of 125.0 yardson the ground.

The loss to Minnesota also snapped a three-game winning streak for the Chargers, leaving them tied with Kansas City atop the weak AFC West.

San Diego was considered by many to be a Super Bowl contender this season, but it hardly looks like one. The combined record of the four teams the Chargershave beaten is 12-21, while their four losses have come against teams with a 23-10 record.

"We're not an elite team at all," Tomlinson said. "We're a team that's in the middle of the pack and we're struggling tryingto win games.

"We've got to find a way to get back to playing successful football and playing the way we're able to play when we're good. We've gotto start beating teams that are good and teams that are elite in this league."

Tomlinson has been unable to duplicate the success he had last season when he scored 31 touchdowns. He ran for 113.4 yards per game in 2006, but isaveraging 82.1 yards on the ground this year with eight total TDs.

Official site links ...
SD_logo-50x50.gif
The Chargers look to bounce backn from a disappointing loss to the Vikings when they face the 7-1 Colts in Week 10.More ...

IND_logo-50x50.gif
The Colts' schedule may not be quite as high-profile this week, but it's not far off. The task doesn't get easier, either. More ...

Tomlinson has rushed for 157 yards and one touchdown on 45 carries in two career games against the Colts.

In the last meeting on Dec. 18, 2005, the Chargers won 26-17 to end the Colts' 13-0 start.

Indianapolis ranks third in the NFL in total offense (396.0 yards per game) and scoring (30.5 ppg), but finished with season lows in points and yards (329)against the Patriots.

Running back Joseph Addai, though, had an outstanding performance,becoming the first Colts player to gain more than 100 yards both rushing and receiving in a game. Addai ran for 112 yards on 26 carries and had five receptionsfor 114 yards, including a 73-yard score on a short pass from Manning right before halftime to put Indianapolis up 13-7.

Manning threw for 225 yards against New England, but also had an interception and a costly fumble with 2:25 left in the game.

Manning, who won his previous three games versus the Chargers before the last meeting, has thrown for 1,260 yards, six touchdowns and five interceptions infour career games against them.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

First - the weather is awesome today. Another ol' regular day. I'm not sure if a light drizzle will be present though during around 5PM.

Go Colts.. but truthfully i was more worried about this game then i was about the pats game.. then again i thought Harrison and Ugoh were going to play.. butwe'll see, hopefully we bounce back strong..

We are expecting rain here in L.A. Sheed, I was wondering if San Diego was having a similar forecast. The Colts need this victory, 2 losses in a rowwouldn't be a good look for them.

checkin in.

colts don't need this victory, they've got the league on lock except for the pats. The chargers NEED this victory. I think the chargers can win. Theyusually do against the colts, and they need to "bounce back" from last game.

And I hope Cesaire steps up, I can't believe castillo is out, thats like our season right there.

Definitely gonna be tough game... both coming off losses. I hope the secondary can withstand Peyton and co.

Shaun Phillips going to be a go for the game? Anyone know?

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Hopefully the Chargers can take this, what's the weather like in San Diego?

Kind of chilly of you ask me.

Overcast in my area of SD.

I'm just chillin' at the pad before I head out for the game.

here's a wmp link

mms://a1729.l2168647534.c21686.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1729/21686/v0001/reflector:52989

OK, I've been waiting for more than a week now to get last weeks bitter taste out of my mouth.. this should help a little if we can pull it out..

what the hell.. now dallas clark is out too.. this team needs to get healthy fast... i just hope they are healthy by the time the playoffs roll around..

nice start!! Sproles s going to eventually run one back, he always seemed like he was just one tackle away/

Back
Top Bottom