Double Cashed a Check, vol. Is This a Felony?

I deposited a check into my paypal mobile account using my smartphone camera (took a pic of the check), and had to get the cash ASAP for a spur of the moment trip to NYC, so I called paypal and told them to cancel the check deposit because I was gonna cash the check.

The Paypal rep told me no problem, just cash the check, and the Paypal deposit wouldn't go through. He said he would note my account for good measure.

Went to the hood check-cash spot and cashed the check, and got my cash.

A week goes by, and the paypal deposit goes through. I waited another week after that, and it didn't get rescinded, so basically I have double money.

I'm pretty sure I screwed the check-cash spot over, so I need to know whether my actions are felonious. I'm on papers and can't catch any charges until April.

CLIFFNOTES: Cashed a check twice, need to know the ramifications of my actions.

Thanks for the help.

I deposited a check into my paypal mobile account using my smartphone camera (took a pic of the check), and had to get the cash ASAP for a spur of the moment trip to NYC, so I called paypal and told them to cancel the check deposit because I was gonna cash the check.

The Paypal rep told me no problem, just cash the check, and the Paypal deposit wouldn't go through. He said he would note my account for good measure.

A week goes by, and the paypal deposit goes through. I waited another week after that, and it didn't get rescinded, so basically I have double money.

I'm pretty sure I screwed the check-cash spot over, so I need to know whether my actions are felonious. I'm on papers and can't catch any charges until April.

Thanks for the help.

i mean if you want to be safe just bring the money back to the check-cashing spot, no?

it's tempting to keep it i'm sure but i doubt it'll slide by unnoticed.

i mean if you want to be safe just bring the money back to the check-cashing spot, no?

it's tempting to keep it i'm sure but i doubt it'll slide by unnoticed.

Originally Posted by StuntHard

Thanks for the help.
Why do you need to know the ramifications?  just take the check back and call it even.  You already screwed yourself the first time by dealing with a check cashing business in the first place.

Originally Posted by StuntHard

Thanks for the help.
Why do you need to know the ramifications?  just take the check back and call it even.  You already screwed yourself the first time by dealing with a check cashing business in the first place.

How much do these hood spots take from your check??
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by oidreez

Didn't this happen to someone else on here?
laugh.gif
 not quite the same.  i think the other guy did a double deposit on accident through the Chase mobile app deposit on his phone.

Originally Posted by oidreez

Didn't this happen to someone else on here?
laugh.gif
 not quite the same.  i think the other guy did a double deposit on accident through the Chase mobile app deposit on his phone.

Back
Top Bottom