Drake Appreciation Vol. The Days Before Wayne.

Lyrically, I think because he used to be more minimalistic and didn't harmonize/utilize melodies in his verses, he seemed better.

And he used to straight up spit.

Now, like mentioned before, he's more of an actual musician, and his lyrics are about different things, he has a different "way" of rapping, and just seems more.. complete in his craft. (He's actually getting that getting that cheese from his craft, it was a process... get it?
indifferent.gif
)

Lyrically, I think because he used to be more minimalistic and didn't harmonize/utilize melodies in his verses, he seemed better.

Now, like mentioned before, he's more of an actual musician, and his lyrics are about different things, he has a different "way" of rapping, and just seems more.. complete in his craft. (He's actually getting that getting that cheese from his craft, it was a process... get it?
indifferent.gif
)

Originally Posted by Gordonson

indifferent.gif
)

grin.gif

Wale/Joe Budden lyric !#% post.  Anyway...

Lyrically he was better on Comeback Season. I don't think that's really debatable.

Now, he does more and different things musically and sonically. "Better" depends on one's preference.

I'm kind of over the super laid back 808s esque sing songy rap that is seemingly the norm so I like Comeback Season era Drake but to each his own.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

indifferent.gif
)

grin.gif

Wale/Joe Budden lyric !#% post.  Anyway...

Lyrically he was better on Comeback Season. I don't think that's really debatable.

Now, he does more and different things musically and sonically. "Better" depends on one's preference.

I'm kind of over the super laid back 808s esque sing songy rap that is seemingly the norm so I like Comeback Season era Drake but to each his own.

Originally Posted by Xavier

drake getting better and better?? lmao what yall been listening to lately?

QFT, other than his verse on Poppin bottles with T.I, dude been consistently disappointing me *shrug*

Originally Posted by Xavier

drake getting better and better?? lmao what yall been listening to lately?

QFT, other than his verse on Poppin bottles with T.I, dude been consistently disappointing me *shrug*

more like semi average verses thats over saturating the radio

when he puts out something like 9am in dallas or whatever its called, then talk to me

more like semi average verses thats over saturating the radio

when he puts out something like 9am in dallas or whatever its called, then talk to me

He's more of a musician than a rapper these days.

Right on the head...I dont know why you guys dont want rappers to make it to the next level...Drake is a songwriting beast...he formulates complete concepts...I dont know why you want cats to be stuck being super lyric war heros never growing up to be complete artist...thats what you get in the industry for...to be a complete artist

He's more of a musician than a rapper these days.

Right on the head...I dont know why you guys dont want rappers to make it to the next level...Drake is a songwriting beast...he formulates complete concepts...I dont know why you want cats to be stuck being super lyric war heros never growing up to be complete artist...thats what you get in the industry for...to be a complete artist

NT Logic= when you are underground you are great... soon as you get big you suck

Drake still makes great music... dude may have switched up his style... but its not like hes lost any of his ability

NT Logic= when you are underground you are great... soon as you get big you suck

Drake still makes great music... dude may have switched up his style... but its not like hes lost any of his ability

Originally Posted by philly5fan

You're right about NT Logic or w.e, but in Drake's case it couldn't be more true. So Far Gone isn't underground and it's praised on here. I think TML sucks and you clearly don't, but I would say that it seems pretty easy to say SFG > TML by A LOT no matter what style either is...
And I thought this was a Comeback Season appreciation so I joined in, but just to clarify. SFG > CS 

Originally Posted by philly5fan

You're right about NT Logic or w.e, but in Drake's case it couldn't be more true. So Far Gone isn't underground and it's praised on here. I think TML sucks and you clearly don't, but I would say that it seems pretty easy to say SFG > TML by A LOT no matter what style either is...
And I thought this was a Comeback Season appreciation so I joined in, but just to clarify. SFG > CS 

Back
Top Bottom