Drake Appreciation Vol. The Days Before Wayne.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thejrob

Originally Posted by philly5fan

NT Logic= when you are underground you are great... soon as you get big you suck

Drake still makes great music... dude may have switched up his style... but its not like hes lost any of his ability
You're right about NT Logic or w.e, but in Drake's case it couldn't be more true. So Far Gone isn't underground and it's praised on here. I think TML sucks and you clearly don't, but I would say that it seems pretty easy to say SFG > TML by A LOT no matter what style either is...
And I thought this was a Comeback Season appreciation so I joined in, but just to clarify. SFG > CS 

Id say SFG>>TML as well.. but that doesn't mean that he fell off like some people are implying

Making an album and mixtape are completely different... you have way more freedom on a mixtape... and can just rap and don't have to worry about song length, hooks and can use whatever instrumental you choose

TML was a solid debut album imo

Originally Posted by thejrob

NT Logic= when you are underground you are great... soon as you get big you suck

Drake still makes great music... dude may have switched up his style... but its not like hes lost any of his ability
You're right about NT Logic or w.e, but in Drake's case it couldn't be more true. So Far Gone isn't underground and it's praised on here. I think TML sucks and you clearly don't, but I would say that it seems pretty easy to say SFG > TML by A LOT no matter what style either is...
And I thought this was a Comeback Season appreciation so I joined in, but just to clarify. SFG > CS 

Id say SFG>>TML as well.. but that doesn't mean that he fell off like some people are implying

Making an album and mixtape are completely different... you have way more freedom on a mixtape... and can just rap and don't have to worry about song length, hooks and can use whatever instrumental you choose

TML was a solid debut album imo

Yeah i used to prefer the music when he just used to spit. His musics still dope but he sings too much for me now personally...

Still, the bars are there when the track calls for it...e.g = aston martin music.

Yeah i used to prefer the music when he just used to spit. His musics still dope but he sings too much for me now personally...

Still, the bars are there when the track calls for it...e.g = aston martin music.

9 A.M in Dallas
Aston Martin Music
Ignorant s*$& verse
Light Up

All post Wayne... And all some of his best work

9 A.M in Dallas
Aston Martin Music
Ignorant s*$& verse
Light Up

9 A.M in Dallas
Aston Martin Music
Ignorant s*$& verse
Light Up

4 songs thats it?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

one is questionable at that, being that hov had a contender for verse of the year on that joint

9 A.M in Dallas
Aston Martin Music
Ignorant s*$& verse
Light Up

4 songs thats it?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

one is questionable at that, being that hov had a contender for verse of the year on that joint

Smedroc wrote:

This.
The bars are definitely there but often it's a hit or miss with drake.
Sometimes he can come of as trying to 'spit' too hard E.g Gonorrhea.

When we get music like Paris Morton, 9am, Say Whats Real etc. That's when Drizzy's in his prime.
He's definitely singing more but I still believe we'll get music like this in the coming future. Dude's still only 23.

Gonna be interesting to watch dudes progress over the next year or 2

Smedroc wrote:

This.
The bars are definitely there but often it's a hit or miss with drake.
Sometimes he can come of as trying to 'spit' too hard E.g Gonorrhea.

When we get music like Paris Morton, 9am, Say Whats Real etc. That's when Drizzy's in his prime.
He's definitely singing more but I still believe we'll get music like this in the coming future. Dude's still only 23.

Gonna be interesting to watch dudes progress over the next year or 2

Originally Posted by Xavier

9 A.M in Dallas

Aston Martin Music

Ignorant s*$& verse

Light Up

4 songs thats it?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

4 of his BEST songs... not saying he doesn't have any other good ones... but I'd put these 4 against anything he did before Wayne..

And what does HOV verse got to do with Drake having a good verse and making a great song??

Originally Posted by Xavier

9 A.M in Dallas

Aston Martin Music

Ignorant s*$& verse

Light Up

4 songs thats it?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

4 of his BEST songs... not saying he doesn't have any other good ones... but I'd put these 4 against anything he did before Wayne..

And what does HOV verse got to do with Drake having a good verse and making a great song??

I mean the reason his earlier days are appreciated is because he was consistent.
I thought Thank Me Later sucked minus a handful of songs.

SFG is definitely better than TML.

That fact that dude is damn near about to put out a R&B Mixtape, shows you how much he has changed.

And yeah, musically hes gotten way better.

But lyrically hes not keeping it up, and according to Ninjahood's theory, thats what you need when the mainstream gets tired of you.

And his buzz definitely isnt what it used to be..

I'm not saying he hasnt put out anything else thats dope, but its just rare moments that are on Comeback Season's level.

I mean the reason his earlier days are appreciated is because he was consistent.
I thought Thank Me Later sucked minus a handful of songs.

SFG is definitely better than TML.

That fact that dude is damn near about to put out a R&B Mixtape, shows you how much he has changed.

And yeah, musically hes gotten way better.

But lyrically hes not keeping it up, and according to Ninjahood's theory, thats what you need when the mainstream gets tired of you.

And his buzz definitely isnt what it used to be..

I'm not saying he hasnt put out anything else thats dope, but its just rare moments that are on Comeback Season's level.

Originally Posted by Remi23

Originally Posted by YoungSleezy

So you're gonna tell me Comeback Season > So Far Gone?

Yes 
Yea.
I posted in the Drake thread last week that I've been listening to CS a lot lately. Hadn't listened to it in a while and feels like I just discovered it again. Incredible mixtape. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom