DRAKE @ VCU....

Anyone going to this? I heard his shows are real live, and might take a half day and drive down from DC...Know some students who go there so I won't bepaying the $36 for it...

drake.jpg

What we paid this dude for his appearance is just staggering.........................................

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

What we paid this dude for his appearance is just staggering.........................................
I can imagine.......more then likely 50k or more.

Worth every penny IMO. Especially since his album hasn't even dropped yet....hopefully he'll give us a taste of his album at the show....

Not surprised. He's on the list for TigerFest this year. I'm expecting a tuition raise.

Seen him in concert twice. Dudes music is dope, but he isn't to great of a performer. Not sure if I'm going to catch this with the price tag being 36beans. Def catch a afterparty or something though.

this %*%@ is on a damn wednesday #wheretheydothat

i'm probably not goin but i'll find a way to have my %+# at a party...don't have class until 2 the next day

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Not surprised. He's on the list for TigerFest this year. I'm expecting a tuition raise.
I'm a recent alum and didn't bother to check the lineup for TigerFest, if he's gonna be there I'll definately go. Beats the year they had AAR.

Finalists were The Cool Kids, Drake, Jeezy, Trey Songz, N.E.R.D, uhhhh 3Oh3 and I wanna say there were a couple of others on the list that I forgot.

ill be at the show...drivin up w/ a few ppl...also got the student discount on tix...

show on a wednesday and having chemisty at 8am nxt morn FTL...

CJ  I know you know somebody who can get you in for the student price...I'll be in town for a 2 week class for work and may have to check this out. 

Side note...that new Cary Street Gym is quite impressive.  VCU still on the rise.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

VCU still on the rise.
I agree, was impressed with the campus when I was there for graduation....

Got my tickets locked down - leaving DC early from work - anybody know what the best lot is gonna be for parking?  It took me two hours to get out of the garage for graduation
mad.gif

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

CJ  I know you know somebody who can get you in for the student price...I'll be in town for a 2 week class for work and may have to check this out. 

Side note...that new Cary Street Gym is quite impressive.  VCU still on the rise.

I'm def going to be in that afterparty. Need to cop tickets asap. I'll hit the Concert at the student price. I know that joint is going to be the jump. Are they swiping IDs? I still got my ID just not valid. Kev... I know you know the word. 
nerd.gif

Nas where the hell you been G!? 

i broke down and got a ticket...i'm goin alone
frown.gif

they were swiping id's to verify you're still enrolled i think...the girl swiped mine before she would sell me a student ticket...

Screw that! Too bad he couldn't just come over here to GMU. A lot closer!

Luckily I've met him in person before when I went to Toronto. Talk about a shocking moment when you don't realize someone famous is trying to dap you up and milliseconds later your like #+#!

it was an alright show.  I didn't really like my seats so maybe that put me off.  It was funny to see all the girls dolled up like Drake was gonna spot them in the crowd and tell them they was the best he ever had.  It seemed to me they rushed him off the stage as his set was probably around an hour at the longest.  Why would VCU pay him so much money and have him only perform for less than an hour?  Oh well, I had a good time nonetheless.

it was an alright show. 
Indeed.  But that is Drake.  I went off on my FB page, because he's got the #1 spot, but dudes like Wale, Currency, and others do excellent shows.  The live show is the foundation.  Dude is nothing but manufactered.  Ole' Black Cat IIIs wearing %@+...

Why would VCU pay him so much money and have him only perform for less than an hour?
After the grammy nomination, in the words of Stringer Bell, "It's just business."

If 8-9 venues paid him (even a demanded increase after contracts are signed due to being on grammys), its his demand.  He'd be a fool to not capitalize.  NO one is on top forever -- get your bread when you can.

And he was the #1 requested artist on many non-biased surveys around campus.

If we ain't pay him, our rival schools George Mason or ODU would have.

It is what it is.

i had fun...it was extremely short but i only paid 13...def. wasn't worth the 36 they were charging the general public tho

i really wanted to hear stuff from CS but i guess that was wishful thinking...smh

only full song he did was Best I Ever Had but thats also the only hit that he isn't featured on or doens't feature someone else...that blew me to know i was only getting a verse from each song...

Back
Top Bottom