Dressing Better Vol 2.0

@Dasonofceo where do you buy your slim tees?
Lands ends is best. Since its mostly just used as a under shirt, I like hanes too. even if your on a budget, try gap or old navy. K mart and walmart have cheap hanes shirts in a pack. It wont necessarily say slim, but I just size down. CW Wright is a good spot for basic tees.

Last edited:
Lands ends is best. Since its mostly just used as a under shirt, I like hanes too. even if your on a budget, try gap or old navy. K mart and walmart have cheap hanes shirts in a pack. It wont necessarily say slim, but I just size down. CW Wright is a good spot for basic tees.
hanes vneck tees fit like a tent...i have a real hard time finding nicely fitting slim-not-tight undershirts, particularly vnecks..

hanes vneck tees fit like a tent...i have a real hard time finding nicely fitting slim-not-tight undershirts, particularly vnecks..
i never understood the importance of measuring my chest until i noticed i was buying things too small to look slim. Measure your chest, the MAJORITY of the time the tees sizes fit based on the chest size. Same goes for dress shirts. My chest is 40 but my neck is huge so its hard to find good dress shirts.

^

Theres basically no mens stuff on those websites. A ton of womens stuff. Bluefly I hear is legit, they dont have the belt I want though. I was in the Bloomingdales on 59th Street NYC, had the belt but a size too small.

Do you guys think this cotton belt is worth it? I mean "worth it" is different to everyone, and very subjective when it comes to designer stuff cause honestly youre paying for the name but putting that aside...

Its relatively "cheap" too at only $315. Theres a reversible brown damier one im looking at as well but this has been on my radar ever since ive seen it..
If you like it, then buy it, dude. That's what I do. There's a trend that I notice on SF. Noobs come in with 'wack' style and they get bashed. They the start posting on the regular basis. They end up buying items the other members suggest and at the end product, they adopt an aesthetic that's not really their, just to be accepted. This is why I only participate in some parts of SF.

I'm still going to get a Hermes belt sooner or later, but not in a rush right now. I wouldn't mind an LV one too, but it's one of the last things on my list.

I do agree that Fendi for guy is hard to find. Is there a Fendi store around you?

If you're into fashion/style, you'll never be done with "dressing better". As soon as you have the staple items, you're going to be focusing on fabrics, ie linen and seersucker pieces for spring/summer and tweed/herringbone/wool for winter/fall. Then you'll be going in deeper and deeper, and the snowball continues to grow :lol:

Thanks, G. If we can get 10, then I would consider it a success. I'll sig the activity until the deadline comes.
smile.gif
Hows it work? I'll sign up
happy.gif

Also, I'm not a fan of LV belts being considered dressing better, at least not that one. That 315 is a few shirts, ties, jeans, belts, pants too.

what's CW Wright cant find it online?

ryan-lochte-fashion-week-joseph-abboud.jpeg

ryan-lochte-fashions-night-out.jpeg

ryan-lochte-emporio-armani-party.jpeg

ryan-lochte-fashion-week-jeremy-scott.jpeg

ryan-lochte-ralph-lauren-fashion-week.jpeg

I don't agree with the bottom button being done on the cardigan though.

Last edited:

Dont like the tie on the first fit and I hate the jacket on the second fit. Everything else is ok. I try not to look at these other dudes fits or GQ or any extra stuff too much cause I used to find myself trying to find shirts just like them. I kind of of just use what I see and what I like and look for places that sell them for a price I can afford. Old 50-90s pics help me a little though as you can see timeless looks. Looks that could fit in any era. Cord shirts been around forever and will always look right. I told myself this year Im gonna cut out the majority of street wear and stick to basic stuff like I listed or my own person streetwear stuff I design.

Last edited:
He's in need of a tiebar and belt as well, his stylist dun goofed

Last edited:
All you need to "DRESS BETTER"

as many dress shirts as you want(I like blue oxfords the best) (simple is the best idea)

-4 or 5 gingham(green, navy, red, purple, black

-3 chambray(red, grey, blue)

Plain white tees(slim based)

Plain Heather Grey Tees(slim based)

Plain Black Tees(slim based)

Plain Navy Tees(slim based)

Forrest green tee(slim based)

Saturday NY graphic tees(best tees for a causal look)

a few chukkas(browns your friend)

4 slim jeans

4 pairs of dress shoes(black,tan,brown, black)

Frye boots

Cement III,IV,Bred 1, Black Cat iv.

Mutiple ties(KEEP IT SIMPLE, FUNKY COLORS ARE ANNOYING) Steezys Tie above is a perfect example of simple and just right.

4 suits(navy,black, grey, tan if your brave or cream)

Black Addias Samba

NICE POST.
THESE ARE ALL THE ESSENTIALS HONESTLY.

That really is a pretty good list.

Going to assume the 4 who have messaged you is ksteezy, wisith, RFX and myself lol
I actually haven't joined yet, Serg. I still have something planned for a contest for the participants.

RE: the list, 4 pairs of jeans is kind of excessive IMO. I only have 3, and I hardly wear them. I would much rather prefer chinos due to it being more versatile.

I got the J. Crew in Japan catalog today. I find it funny because Japan actually loves Americana AKA workwear more than Americans. They love work boots like Aldens and pay $1k+ for a good pair. Maybe it's because I don't know much about women's aesthetics, but I really like the female stuff for J. Crew.

I don't know if it might be his posture or swimmers build but he just doesn't look comfortable in any of those clothes, like they're wearing him. Something just seems off and all of it looks forced,

All you need to "DRESS BETTER"

as many dress shirts as you want(I like blue oxfords the best) (simple is the best idea)

-4 or 5 gingham(green, navy, red, purple, black

-3 chambray(red, grey, blue)

Plain white tees(slim based)

Plain Heather Grey Tees(slim based)

Plain Black Tees(slim based)

Plain Navy Tees(slim based)

Forrest green tee(slim based)

Saturday NY graphic tees(best tees for a causal look)

a few chukkas(browns your friend)

4 slim jeans

4 pairs of dress shoes(black,tan,brown, black)

Frye boots

Cement III,IV,Bred 1, Black Cat iv.

Mutiple ties(KEEP IT SIMPLE, FUNKY COLORS ARE ANNOYING) Steezys Tie above is a perfect example of simple and just right.

4 suits(navy,black, grey, tan if your brave or cream)

Black Addias Samba

NICE POST.
THESE ARE ALL THE ESSENTIALS HONESTLY.

That really is a pretty good list.

So can we get an ESSENTIALS list with pics on the first page?

I could do it, but not sure if it'd be neat. I'm sure my list would help a lot of people who may not be heavy into all those brand names like gucci and lv.

Random, but what happened to the african dude who had all the cool suits?

Last edited:
I could do it, but not sure if it'd be neat. I'm sure my list would help a lot of people who may not be heavy into all those brand names like gucci and lv.

Random, but what happened to the african dude who had all the cool suits?
He dropped in a page or 2 ago.

I haven't joined either Grizzly, just haven't had the opportunity to messege you, but I will.

Hows it work? I'll sign up
happy.gif

Also, I'm not a fan of LV belts being considered dressing better, at least not that one. That 315 is a few shirts, ties, jeans, belts, pants too.
Belts in general can be part of "dressing better".

Just cause its a luxury brand doesnt mean it doesnt fit in, besides not absolutely everything has to be about dressing better stuffs.

Back
Top Bottom