Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I don't think the cost or brand has anything to do with it. If you like that belt and $315 for it isn't a big number to you, go for it.

Even though the branding isn't too bold, I personally just don't like repetitive logos or anything too noticeable. Whether I'm wearing something expensive, moderately priced or cheap, I'm just not too into advertising for a company...though I don't care as much if they're gym clothes.

Anyway, that particular belt is just a simple web belt, you're clearly paying for the name...unless that buckle is 14k gold (jokes).

$300 for a belt is definitely not a lot. You can get into really high dollar amounts when you're looking for exotic belts made from gator, croc, etc. The belt that Swerve posted is obviously a more casual belt to be worn with jeans/chinos...which I think is perfectly fine.

Branding: I'm guilty of loving the timeless patterns. I still plan on getting a Goyard portfolio soon.

Swerve: like I said, man...if you want it and have the money for it, go get it. :smile:

^

Yeah exactly why I felt eh paying for a web belt. Im usually not even a brand fiend like that, but when it comes to accessories I have to admit I am.

copped this for Fall/Winter

Personally I just find the LV and gucci logos a little too flashly for me. A simple solid color works for me. Also you'd rarely even see what belt I'm wearing unless I tuck my shirt in my pants which is also rare.  Even with Suits, your not gonna see my belt.

Last edited:
Last year's secret santa put a bad taste in my mouth. Should I care about not getting anything? Probably not, but since I put time and effort into it, it would have been nice to receive something.

Last year's secret santa put a bad taste in my mouth. Should I care about not getting anything? Probably not, but since I put time and effort into it, it would have been nice to receive something.
You should actually care. This is a form of fraud. This is why we are keeping the Secret Santa program limited to those who are active in this thread, to limit the potential of crooked activity.

Yeah, I hear you...I meant caring within the spirit of giving...i.e. not giving to receive. You know?

Yeah, I hear you...I meant caring within the spirit of giving...i.e. not giving to receive. You know?
Over the last 10-11 years that I've been on the board, I've observed members from both sides of the spectrum: members who are on here with the sole intention of taking advantage of others, and others who are here to help others in whatever way they can. I absolutely understand what you're saying, and sadly it just takes one rotten apple to leave a bad impression of the whole group. For the most part, everyone in this thread has been respectful and doesn't represent what's common in the majority of the other threads on NT...this is why I think it can work.

The joy of helping others is a definitely a good feeling, my man. I started a while back by giving a pair of Jordans I bought for Nostalgia purposes to my mom's friend's son because he reminded me of myself back in the day. I wanted the XIs so bad, but we couldn't afford it then. I figured it was a sign that he happens to be the same size as me so I gave him the Jordans and the kid was so pumped up. I would much rather see the kid enjoy and wear the Js than for it to sit in my closet and never see the light of day.

Yep. I gave AM 95s and an undefeated shirt that were taking up space. Had never even worn the Tee, either. Still 100% I'll participate this year.

I need some recommendations for a bag. I'm thinking of getting a messenger bag, maybe leather. Something that is very simple and elegant and I can fit my 13" MBP into, but I don't want to spend more then, hmmm 100-150 dollars. Any suggestions?

I need some recommendations for a bag. I'm thinking of getting a messenger bag, maybe leather. Something that is very simple and elegant and I can fit my 13" MBP into, but I don't want to spend more then, hmmm 100-150 dollars. Any suggestions?
What kinda leather you expecting for 100-150 bruh? Rat?

Jack Spade makes some nice looking bags and you can usually find one in that price range on ebay. They usually run anywhere from 200-500 retail.

Jack-Spade-Nylon-Canvas-Laptop-Briefcase-1.jpg

jack-spade-briefcase-01.jpg

Besides a lap top, what does a man carry in a messager bag?

what brands do you guys recommend if I'm looking for basic colors slim dress shirts? do you guys like the extra slim fit being sold at Express Men?

Back
Top Bottom