Dressing Better Vol 2.0

i honestly would love to be apart of the secret santa thing but being back at school my funds have become non-existent due to lack of work :/ can't even afford the $50-75

what brands do you guys recommend if I'm looking for basic colors slim dress shirts? do you guys like the extra slim fit being sold at Express Men?

The Express 1MX shirts have been recommended a few times on this thread already. I haven't personally tried them, but I have a couple of slim fit BR poplin dress shirts that fit me well.

If I can't find a belt that's the same color of my shoes, what's the best option for me? Find as close as possible or what?

i honestly would love to be apart of the secret santa thing but being back at school my funds have become non-existent due to lack of work :/ can't even afford the $50-75
send some of your old stuff.

PS if anyone wears a medium in levi shirts, I have a few im giving away

Will be checking in to keep tabs on the regulars' recommendations.

Honestly somewhat jaded with wearing a suit, shirt, and tie to work every day. It's only fun when you're not forced to do it/wear it for a job.

what brands do you guys recommend if I'm looking for basic colors slim dress shirts? do you guys like the extra slim fit being sold at Express Men?
I personally wouldn't recommend express based off the quality alone but it is cheap and will the get job done while it lasts.

I personally wouldn't recommend express based off the quality alone but it is cheap and will the get job done while it lasts.
Express is my emergrency-I-need-a quick shirt. Same goes for H&M. That rarely happens though

We've been waiting for months for these Cole Haan LunarGrand to arrive, just got them in today (Nordstrom Garden State Plaza, Paramus NJ). Better yet only 12 Nordstrom locations nationwide are stocking them. It's the first time these are being carried outside of Cole Haan retail locations. E-mail me at [email protected] if interested, I can ship them free of shipping charges if sizes are still available. You can also call me at the store 201.843.1122 x1500. Ask for Hafiz.

Last edited:

In terms of better quality. You can try going to Lord & Taylor or Nordstrom. I've gotten slim dress shirts from them on sale for around $20-30. Black Brown and Michael Kors are the ones that I picked up. I really like how they fit. Note sure if Express is cheaper or not

Last edited:
We've been waiting for months for these Cole Haan LunarGrand to arrive, just got them in today (Nordstrom Garden State Plaza, Paramus NJ). Better yet only 12 Nordstrom locations nationwide are stocking them. It's the first time these are being carried outside of Cole Haan retail locations. E-mail me at [email protected] if interested, I can ship them free of shipping charges if sizes are still available. You can also call me at the store 201.843.1122 x1500. Ask for Hafiz.

What happen to your airmaxes account?

Dude is legit. I have done business with him many a time.

Last edited:
Will be checking in to keep tabs on the regulars' recommendations.
Honestly somewhat jaded with wearing a suit, shirt, and tie to work every day. It's only fun when you're not forced to do it/wear it for a job.
No way, man. There is a big difference between a man who wants to wear suit and one who has to wear a suit. You can definitely mix it up with patterns, colors, other variations such as cuffs on the trousers, overlapping ticket pocket on the jacket, etc.

I know someone who worked at a firm that wore suits everyday. The firm switched ownership and they had to wear company issued ill fitting polo shirts. The guy put in his two weeks on the spot, and upon his exit questionnaire, he said he likes to wear suits :lol: It worked out for him though, got another gig that pays quite a bit more.

As I have already read the quality there is sub-par. I always saw Express as the uniform shop for peps that work at cell carrier stores. They all seem to wear Express clothing. I will admit that it will be hard to find extra slim dress shirts at the Express price point.

My favorite slim shirt is the Hugo Boss slim shirts. Their basics rarely go on sale and if they do, they clear out.

Last edited:

What other Nordstrom locations carry them? Anywhere in SoCal?

Have any of you guys had any experience with waxing your own garments?  I ordered this tonight, i'm gonna test it out soon
[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

Funni you asked this I actuall did a pair of black denim and it looked terrible. I ended up ironing them. They are waterproof now tho.

How many coats did you do, and were the jeans double black or did they have a white weft or underside.

I'm working with it now on a pair of black levi stf's and it's doing pretty much what I expected.  I've used almost the whole bar.

I think it would look better on a pair that are double black but it's ok.  Might finish off the bar, then blow dry it and

let it cure...

before

after

How many coats did you do, and were the jeans double black or did they have a white weft or underside.

I'm working with it now on a pair of black levi stf's and it's doing pretty much what I expected.  I've used almost the whole bar.
I think it would look better on a pair that are double black but it's ok.  Might finish off the bar, then blow dry it and
let it cure...

before

after

Damn, my 10yr old daughter just showed me her jacket she did and it looks great. Yours looks great as well. I did a pair of black Hank Reys. I will let my daughter re-do them. She has more time and patience than I do.

You wouldn't happen to have that list of all 12 locations or if you could let me know if any Cali or GA locations will have them??

thenewjs23, I tried logging into my airmaxes the other day and couldn't. Waiting to reset it. I wanted to get this LunarGrand news on here since we're blowing them out.

NCTwin, I don't get in to work until tomorrow. If you know which color you need, just email me at [email protected], I can have a pair shipped to you. They fit true to size.

Back
Top Bottom