Dressing Better Vol 2.0

So I saw the craziest thing today on the margiela website :wow:

Last edited:
Sport shirts/casual shirts

probably a dumb question, but is there terminology for "shirts that dont cover your rear?" :lol: kinda like how gingham depicts boxy patterns. cause buying casual shirts that clearly arent dress shirts online are a hit or miss, sometimes they arent long at all, but most of the time they cover the rear :smh:
Also, in addition to what UNKNWN stated, casual shirts don't have places for collar stays since they're not meant to be worn with neckwear. They usually just come in sizes like S, M, L, etc. where as dress shirts may be measured by chest or neck size as well. Not always though, but sometimes.

Wis ugood u taught me a lot and UENO,

but the only reason I posted is cuz the suit is able to be bought with the current coupon code which we all know is usually a no go.

When you mess with the options it looks as if faded black is the color the model is wearing which looks more like a light grey to me.
Glad to be of help, man! :smile:

So I saw the craziest thing today on the margiela website :wow:
Prop 65 gets a lot of talk in CA though. Almost all restaurants have that posting up among other places.

Looks fine untucked since it doesn't look like its long enough to cover your rear.
probably a dumb question, but is there terminology for "shirts that dont cover your rear?"
laugh.gif
kinda like how gingham depicts boxy patterns. cause buying casual shirts that clearly arent dress shirts online are a hit or miss, sometimes they arent long at all, but most of the time they cover the rear
mean.gif
imo even the casual shirts from regular brands are too long, especially if you actually wear pants at your waist

i usually sag a bit so its fine but if i pulled it up to my waist, it would be too long

Dressing better bros, I'm going out with this girl I dated like 10 yrs ago casually ( random chance reconnect) when I was too girl crazy to settle down, it'll be a chill type bar we are going to...

Plan to wear dark raw PRPS Ramblers and some black/mint Janoskis

What shirt? My girlfriends like the Stussy plaid, what you guys think?

Last edited:
imo even the casual shirts from regular brands are too long, especially if you actually wear pants at your waist

i usually sag a bit so its fine but if i pulled it up to my waist, it would be too long
yeah, this is why i asked.
mean.gif
bb esf sport/casual shirts still cover my rear and i dont consider myself too short either at 5"9. then when i go get them tailored, they just barely cover my belt now
mean.gif

Dressing better bros, I'm going out with this girl I dated like 10 yrs ago casually ( random chance reconnect) when I was too girl crazy to settle down, it'll be a chill type bar we are going to...

Plan to wear dark raw PRPS Ramblers and some black/mint Janoskis

What shirt? My girlfriends like the Stussy plaid, what you guys think?

If you are set on wearing black kicks, go with the second option

That's kinda what I figured I can dress pretty well but it's gonna be hot as hell and it's a chill bar

I'm just trying to think from a girls POV

Surprised this didn't make it here yet. Ludlow summer suit comes out to about 300 shipped after the coupon code is applied... I almost copped myself but I already bought a khaki suit n really need to invest in a black suit first.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_special_s...294+20~~~20+16+4294950391~15~~~~~~~/16899.jsp
Maybe it'd because I'm on my mobile. It's on sale for $273 from full price of $278?? :lol:

Cotton suit. And the color is faded black? :lol: when exactly would you wear this though? Not directed at you, my man btw. But black is a formal color. Faded black suit in cotton?

It looks like a light gray on my computer though, which would be fine for the summer/spring...but calling it faded black is weird, it looks like a stone color to me though it could be darker in person I guess

This is faded black? Must have been washed 5million times to fade the black to light grey.

Last edited:

yeah, this is why i asked. :smh: bb esf sport/casual shirts still cover my rear and i dont consider myself too short either at 5"9. then when i go get them tailored, they just barely cover my belt now :smh:
Just go MTM
I use Luxire and prices aren't that bad and turnaround time is 2 weeks max
You can also select any collar/placket/cuff option you like

Last edited:
Or just get the shirt tailored.

There are some brands that are short though, Band of Outsiders come to mind. I haven't tried Ben Sherman in a while but I think their shirts aren't as long as your typical shirts.

Brooks Bros' definition of sport shirts is just they have button down collars. The length remains the same.

For sport shirts I really like Save Khaki. The shirt covers only half my rear.

Wis, I remember you buying AMI a week or two back, the AMI show is starting if you want to check it out: http://nowfashion.com/29-06-2013-am...swear-spring-summer-2014-paris-show-3903.html

nice stuff although I don't know what's going on with no. 10s vest...looks like it's going to blow. :lol:
And no. 15 reminds me of this:

Hermes had some great stuff in there collection. Too bad it'll be quite a will before I can afford anything from this brand.

http://nowfashion.com/29-06-2013-hermes-menswear-spring-summer-2014-paris-show-3902.html

nice stuff although I don't know what's going on with no. 10s vest...looks like it's going to blow. :lol:
And no. 15 reminds me of this:

Hermes had some great stuff in there collection. Too bad it'll be quite a will before I can afford anything from this brand.

http://nowfashion.com/29-06-2013-hermes-menswear-spring-summer-2014-paris-show-3902.html
You need to buy on sale, my man. It won't be cheap, but still a lot less than retail. There are a few pieces that I happily paid retail for because when I saw the item...I was like 'must cop now'. They eventually got marked down, but I'm not mad. Most of the stuff I buy are at a discount, but still $$. A pair of $700-800 Lanvin that's 40% off is still $$ to the general public.

You need to buy on sale, my man. It won't be cheap, but still a lot less than retail. There are a few pieces that I happily paid retail for because when I saw the item...I was like 'must cop now'. They eventually got marked down, but I'm not mad. Most of the stuff I buy are at a discount, but still $$. A pair of $700-800 Lanvin that's 40% off is still $$ to the general public.

Yeah, that's what causes problems....the US is great regarding sales btw. Europe, regarding online sales, not so much just yet. Regarding in-store sales it's pretty good, during July and before Christmas Milan is the place to be. Most design houses have the 30-50% off sales going on and to be honest if I'M spending 3-400 on a pair of shoes I prefer to try them on. IN addition with budget airlines a trip to Milan is very cheap...last time I flew there I paid about 23 dollars, plus another 13 euros for the bus from the airport (Bergamo) to the city.
But yeah, even with sales, as a student it isn't something affordable for me, just yet.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what causes problems....the US is great regarding sales btw. Europe, regarding online sales, not so much just yet. Regarding in-store sales it's pretty good, during July and before Christmas Milan is the place to be. Most design houses have the 30-50% off sales going on and to be honest if I'M spending 3-400 on a pair of shoes I prefer to try them on. IN addition with budget airlines a trip to Milan is very cheap...last time I flew there I paid about 23 dollars, plus another 13 euros for the bus from the airport (Bergamo) to the city.
But yeah, even with sales, as a student it isn't something affordable for me, just yet.
You're in Europe? It's cheaper for the US folks for sure. When I buy my shoes, I order them directly from England and I get a VAT break too.

Sorry for the late post but this was yesterday's fit. Went to catch a flight out to Dubai to grab sushi with Diddy. Ain't no thang..

Finally that I'm making some bread, gonna take pieces I currently own and made the modifications that I've been waiting to for a LONG time. Dropped off 5 shirts for the waist to be taken and picked my glenplaid jacket after suppressing the waist/sides as well:

Before and after for reference:

Y'all might think it was unnecessary but ever since Carlin mentioned something about it a few months back I've noticed that I would prefer it to be cinched just an inch or so more. Figured that I got some money in my pocket now, might as well get it the way I want it to fit :rolleyes 8)

This dude is rolling in bread now. He opened a new venture for shoe care. I stopped by to say hi.

One of his workers doing work

Did the one in SF open already?

Unoqlo is one of those brands that has a huge following and could really benefit from opening more stores. Hell people were paying for proxy to get Uniqlo stuff before there was an online store. Only reason I havent really purchased anything from Uniqlo is because I want to try them on first and am too lazy to make returns.
The one in SF opened months ago. Never been inside yet.

I think bootcut jeans would've looked great with these.  If you don't mind me asking, what brand are they? :nerd: ...
Bootcut would look horrible. Peg legged jeans work best with that kind of shoes.

Once you get to the middle age bracket and your tummy starts expanding, then it's time to go with the bootcut.

Back
Top Bottom