Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Good stuff Ced. Pocket square up next time though man!

Thanks bro, I had a white one but wedding was outside and hot as **** out there :lol: was wiping my forehead every 5 mins, so I ended up just putting it in my pocket haha

That suit looks great, especially that price point. I was going to make the same comment about the pocket square but looks like you got it covered :smokin

Lost my tie bar today..feels bad man :frown:

How'd you do that? I lost a pocket square over the weekend so I know that feel :smh:

THA GAWD :pimp: :pimp:

here's a summer fit: Don't mind the serious face LOL.

Just wanted to play around with all-red 574's. I never really wore running shoes with jeans or chino's, so this is a first. Really wanted the shoes to stand out, so I used base coloured pants (Levi's 5'11) and a regular black polo from (Armani X).

I've been a fan of this thread, from day one, when it all started in Yuku. A lot of guys inspired me to change my style from a "shoe-head" to a lil more matured, from guys like niidawg, jkissi to fellow posters now. This is my first post here.... (go easy on me LOL).

Keep up the good work y'all!! I look forward to seeing more of your unique fits!

clean fit :smokin

theJet - Dope fit.  I figure since I'm in the same boat as you in terms of transition [shoehead / streetwear -> mature / db] I'll post my first fit too.

Been reading / lurking this thread for awhile now, never really felt compelled to post till today.  I've been losing weight the past year so its difficult to stay consistent in terms of clothing and fit but it's been a needed lifestyle change.  

I follow some of you guys on IG so some of you may have seen this already, for those that haven't excuse the iphone / IG quality.

Ps nothing wrong with sneakers. Even the dudes on SF love the Frees and all that stuff. Just skip the sagging skinny jeans and obscure t shirts and you're good.

Appreciate it Storm.

And theJet I have similar red 574s I dig the fit you have up there for a nice casual look :smokin

Fit clean bruh. Lookin like a variant me :lol: We cousins or something??

As for my tie bar, who knows. I have a tie slide which I've had since like October '11. Never had a problem with it and even in my drunken stupors I had always tucked it away in case of losing it but this morning I noticed it was a tad loose then by 1pm I saw it was gone.
#RIP

That being said, to get a new one (adamant on getting another slide) thetiebar will cost $21 shipped. Mine came with a tie by Calvin Klein and I was able to find the same bar for $20 shipped on eBay. So for $1 cheaper, I get a tie as well :smile:
The tie I am not too much of a fan of but I'm a fool if I don't go this route instead.

I found a Sharp Ralph Lauren Glen Plaid blazer today. It was $6.49 with half off. Call it a DB Gift. I'm definitely not a 40S. First person to hit me up gets it.

I agree. Good stuff, Jet.
if I got the approval from this man, my day here is done! LOL thanks fam.

Thanks y'all for the boost in confidence. Means a lot. Thing about this thread is, it's full of positivity (for the most part).

Keep posting y'all!

BTW - about the Tie Bar. the EXACT same thing happened to me! AND my GF bought it for me.... haven't told her yet though! lol.

Still got to find that little guy.

if I got the approval from this man, my day here is done! LOL thanks fam.

Thanks y'all for the boost in confidence. Means a lot. Thing about this thread is, it's full of positivity (for the most part).
Keep posting y'all!

BTW - about the Tie Bar. the EXACT same thing happened to me! AND my GF bought it for me.... haven't told her yet though! lol.
Still got to find that little guy.
Haha. Yeah, dude. We try to be + here. NT is full of too many questionable cats as is.

Claimed By TypeRPinoY
Dang. I just copped a jug of Muscle Milk and was trying to gain 3" in the chest :frown:

@TypeRPinoy here is the sports coat.

Last edited:
theJet,
Great fit. I admire the boldness. The current culture in this current DB thread might not approve of your choice, but frankly, I'm growing tired of seeing the normal beat up desert boots, thrifted dress shoes, bargain cheap suits, and high end sneakers that frequent this thread (no shots fired, just an observation) It is good to see change sometimes. All red New Balances are a rarity here. Keep on posting. It is good to have variety !

Thanks homie!

Lauren by Ralph Lauren isn't Polo Ralph Lauren though....

It's just some cheap company that licenses the ""Lauren by Ralph Lauren" name.

Here's that JCP suit I ended up wearing to a wedding this past weekend:

This is once we got dropped off at my girl's moms' place after a lot of dancing (all the wrinkling) and SEVERAL drinks from the open bar :lol: :smokin only cost me 84 bucks so I was happy with it

shoulders definitely too big by a couple of inches.

what happened to having suits where the shoulders fit correctly, guys?

somebody should've said something instead of repping his post... not trying to be a **** here....

Last edited:
shoulders definitely too big by a couple of inches.

what happened to having suits where the shoulders fit correctly, guys?

somebody should've said something instead of repping his post... not trying to be a **** here....
It's not that bad, more trad than anything. He can be inbetween sizes and the smaller one is too restrictive elsewhere. I know you're not trying to be a jerk but you have taken the cake recently from TypeR :lol:

Back
Top Bottom