Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What do you guys think about these boots? Im thinking about copping a pair. I've been meaning to cop a pair, but haven't had a chance.

Those are cool with me. I've seen some that are kinda pricey at msrp. If I didn't have a few rugged boots already I may consider a pair for rainy days if the price is right. If I recall, msrp was around $300 to $400.

What do you guys think about these boots? Im thinking about copping a pair. I've been meaning to cop a pair, but haven't had a chance.

I'm a fan of hiking boots. I've never owned a pair of Danner but I've heard good things, you should check out Diemme as well. Pricier but good quality and a wide variety of styles

Those are cool with me. I've seen some that are kinda pricey at msrp. If I didn't have a few rugged boots already I may consider a pair for rainy days if the price is right. If I recall, msrp was around $300 to $400.

I found a pair for around $200. Nice deal if I say so myself. Too bad my 20% off code doesn't work anymore :smh:

I might end up making another Amazon account just to get the code again. They'd come out to $165.77. Might order a pair if I can get the code.

I'm a fan of hiking boots. I've never owned a pair of Danner but I've heard good things, you should check out Diemme as well. Pricier but good quality and a wide variety of styles

Not really liking these as much as the Danner's. I think it's just the red laces.

I'm not crazy about the cushion above the ankles either.

Last edited:
picked this up today. was iffy about it at first but i think i'm keeping it. quick hem and i'm good.

I just went solely off of you posting this and ordered this suit from BR for only $152 total, it looks like a subtle glen plaid. Couple reviews talk about low/large armholes so we shall see. They've got 50% off all sale items and the e-mail I got was for 40% regular price via the link. I usually hate BR and would've ignored it but I remembered you posting this earlier so I checked it out.

I just saw they have a "Modern Slim-Fit" which at least sounds like it'd work better. All are at retail right now and eve at $560 - 40% = $336, I'd rather either wait for a sale or spend more for a better suit.

Last edited:
I have a wedding to attend in october...quick notice.

Want to just grab something cheap and easy suit wise. J. Crew factory has a 40% off sale and i can grab a Thompson suit for pretty cheap and have read good things about it as far as a budget suit. Anyone have experience with it or can post fit pics. How is the sizing off the rack? I know i will have to get it altered but just wondering. Thanks db fam

Want to just grab something cheap and easy suit wise. J. Crew factory has a 40% off sale and i can grab a Thompson suit for pretty cheap and have read good things about it as far as a budget suit. Anyone have experience with it or can post fit pics. How is the sizing off the rack? I know i will have to get it altered but just wondering. Thanks db fam
i ordered the wool poly charcoal and while i liked the color the padding in the shoulders was too much for me. i already have broad shoulders and the additional padding just looked goofy. cant really say about the wool but id assume the same...

correct me if im wrong but you from MD? might be a hike but i think they have a suiting section at the factory store at the Leesburg, VA outlets. if you make the drive, you could try it on.

heres a review of the wool that was posted on dappered

http://dappered.com/2012/07/in-person-j-crew-factory-thompson-worsted-wool-suit/

review of the wool poly blend that i bought, they liked it but i didnt

http://dappered.com/2011/08/in-person-the-j-crew-factory-suit/

Last edited:
Im getting frustrated with my suit hunt. Im getting married in Oct, and had my heart set on a lighter grey suit. It’s apparently not a popular color, because there are very few light greys ive seen in stores.They had a few at Jos Bank for $1000, which I found laughable.I found a beautiful Zegna in Off 5th but it was navy, not grey. Then I have the sizing issues. A 46 fits me perfect in the shoulders, but when buttoned, it does pull slightly at the lapels. But a 48 is too big in the shoulders.Suit Supply suggested ordering a few sizes and trying them at home, but Im so reluctant because everything I read is that their sizing is all over the board. I was looking at their Napoli line, and my only worry is that since they have functioning buttons on the sleeves, if I need the sleeves hemmed, what would a tailor do about the buttons?I just wanted to vent

Im getting frustrated with my suit hunt. Im getting married in Oct, and had my heart set on a lighter grey suit. It’s apparently not a popular color, because there are very few light greys ive seen in stores. They had a few at Jos Bank for $1000, which I found laughable. I found a beautiful Zegna in Off 5th but it was navy, not grey. Then I have the sizing issues. A 46 fits me perfect in the shoulders, but when buttoned, it does pull slightly at the lapels. But a 48 is too big in the shoulders. Suit Supply suggested ordering a few sizes and trying them at home, but Im so reluctant because everything I read is that their sizing is all over the board. I was looking at their Napoli line, and my only worry is that since they have functioning buttons on the sleeves, if I need the sleeves hemmed, what would a tailor do about the buttons? I just wanted to vent

Sleeves with functional buttonholes can be altered, it's just costly. I've had tailors charge $75 and I've also had tailors who charge $10 per button so roughly $100, depending on the jacket. However, if you got to the physical SuitSupply location, their in-house tailor charges much less to get the sleeves altered. Based on everything you're saying, it may just be best to suck it up and make the haul to SuitSupply, especially because it seems they are the only place with a suit in your desired color. It does seem like a lot of effort, but if you have your heart set on that shade of grey, it's probably worth it. After all, it is your first wedding.

Sleeves with functional buttonholes can be altered, it's just costly. I've had tailors charge $75 and I've also had tailors who charge $10 per button so roughly $100, depending on the jacket. However, if you got to the physical SuitSupply location, their in-house tailor charges much less to get the sleeves altered. Based on everything you're saying, it may just be best to suck it up and make the haul to SuitSupply, especially because it seems they are the only place with a suit in your desired color. It does seem like a lot of effort, but if you have your heart set on that shade of grey, it's probably worth it. After all, it is your first wedding.
unfortunately, their Napoli doesnt even come in the shade of grey I want. So im prob gonna have to go darker anyway.Its so frustrating not to be able to just walk into a physical store and buy a suit and be happy with it.

i ordered the wool poly charcoal and while i liked the color the padding in the shoulders was too much for me. i already have broad shoulders and the additional padding just looked goofy. cant really say about the wool but id assume the same...

correct me if im wrong but you from MD? might be a hike but i think they have a suiting section at the factory store at the Leesburg, VA outlets. if you make the drive, you could try it on.

heres a review of the wool that was posted on dappered

http://dappered.com/2012/07/in-person-j-crew-factory-thompson-worsted-wool-suit/

review of the wool poly blend that i bought, they liked it but i didnt

http://dappered.com/2011/08/in-person-the-j-crew-factory-suit/

Appreciate the feedback. I have slightly broader shoulders as well so i may try to find a place to try it on before pulling the trigger.

Im getting frustrated with my suit hunt. Im getting married in Oct, and had my heart set on a lighter grey suit. It’s apparently not a popular color, because there are very few light greys ive seen in stores. They had a few at Jos Bank for $1000, which I found laughable. I found a beautiful Zegna in Off 5th but it was navy, not grey. Then I have the sizing issues. A 46 fits me perfect in the shoulders, but when buttoned, it does pull slightly at the lapels. But a 48 is too big in the shoulders. Suit Supply suggested ordering a few sizes and trying them at home, but Im so reluctant because everything I read is that their sizing is all over the board. I was looking at their Napoli line, and my only worry is that since they have functioning buttons on the sleeves, if I need the sleeves hemmed, what would a tailor do about the buttons? I just wanted to vent

Have you looked into Kent Wang? He has a good selection of grey suits, and MTM would get you the perfect fit for your body

Just got to rock them right, I guess it helps if your James Bond.
Not exactly AEs but these type of shoes can be rocked with jeans for sure.

They would have to be a little beat. A fresh pair would not look right. IMO

Last edited:
I'd go indochino if you are that worried about the sleeves

I'd go the Indochico route, because you mentioned a fit issue. It seems like to me, you have a sizing issue (I have the same issue). Idealy, you'd want to get a MTM suit, but since you want to stay within a budget, you'd suggest you go Indochino. They have the light grey you're looking for and they make the suit to your measurements.

ok 

damb any suggestions w a cool shoe compartment?

looking for spmething like a cordura nylon 

or heavy canvas

something more rugged
As a master's student, I demand you use proper grammar. I have no idea what you're talking about
laugh.gif

It's
laugh.gif
when someone posts a pic of themselves and you're about to fall out of the chair because they're not what you think
laugh.gif

NT would shut down if RFX reveals himself
laugh.gif
lmao, if people at my job knew how i typed on the internet.

I'm am Masters level therapist who speaks like a potato online.

but since i need help let me translate:

does #dbnt have any recommendation for a cheap-moderate priced duffle bag?

i would be using it for a four day trip and would prefer one w/ a separate shoe storage (see herschel novel duffel)

i want a rugged look so something w leather trim/handles.  nylon cordura or canvas for the actual body.

sub $100

thanks in advance!

-------

someone needs to start another NT post your ethnicity/race thread. da lulz

Can anyone recommend me some good quality solid colored polo shirts that are reasonable priced?
yeap uniqlo and they should have a lot on sale for like $13...at least they did last time i checked

Last edited:
just ordered 2 sizes from SuitSupply. Hoping one will work!!!Looked at online reviews of indochino, and my god a lot of people are unhappy with the product.

ok 

damb any suggestions w a cool shoe compartment?

looking for spmething like a cordura nylon 

or heavy canvas

something more rugged
As a master's student, I demand you use proper grammar. I have no idea what you're talking about :lol:

It's :lol: when someone posts a pic of themselves and you're about to fall out of the chair because they're not what you think :lol:

NT would shut down if RFX reveals himself :lol:

I'm am Masters level therapist who speaks like a potato online.

:x :rofl:

Last edited:
Not DB related but figured you guys would appreciate it. Got an offer today for an accounts receivable position that I interviewed with last week. Pay is low in regards to the normal entry level accounting field but it is more relevant to the field I want to get into (currently in finance). Should hear back a definitive answer for a tax role in a mid-sized accounting firm tomorrow (which is a lot more pay) so I'll wait to hear back from that before I make my decision.
Vacation to florida starts this Friday so this is not a bad way to start on the week
:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom