Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I do - we compete to some degree in the financial services area.

Internal A/R seems like the track would be somewhat limiting versus public. The obvious difference besides pay is related to hours. So ultimately, what do you see yourself doing in 5 years?

I do - we compete to some degree in the financial services area.

Internal A/R seems like the track would be somewhat limiting versus public. The obvious difference besides pay is related to hours. So ultimately, what do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
Although it is limiting, I still have not started my master's which I plan to begin this spring. Ultimately my path will not be set with staying there versus public until all of my schooling is complete. As for 5 years, I hope to be in a tax role at a mid sized firm, thats why I'm waiting to hear back from EA tomorrow.

Although it is limiting, I still have not started my master's which I plan to begin this spring. Ultimately my path will not be set with staying there versus public until all of my schooling is complete. As for 5 years, I hope to be in a tax role at a mid sized firm, thats why I'm waiting to hear back from EA tomorrow.

Got it. Being in public and doing additional schooling is somewhat difficult, more so on the tax side, however not impossible.

just ordered 2 sizes from SuitSupply. Hoping one will work!!! Looked at online reviews of indochino, and my god a lot of people are unhappy with the product.

The bad and good about having so many people try your product is you will always find a number of people who dislike it. Although I think Suit Supply is ahead of even Indochino the catch is whether you will find something that fits the way you like it at SS. I'm on the same boat as you, hard to fit. I have a suit from Indochino (3 piece) and just ordered a second one about a week and a half ago, and they've been pretty good it's just all about the measurements you provide them.

the one i got is a tailored slim fit which i believe is the slimmest they offer

That's what I ordered too but notice the Modern Fit and saw this under fit & sizing "Modern Slim-Fit: Our slimmest fit. Very trim overall." while the Tailored Fit has "An updated fit with broad appeal. Slightly trim overall." Hopefully it's not too bad, otherwise I'll return it.

My 257 came in today. If anyone wants anything Filson I regimen recommend hitting up FilsonGuy on SF he sells them all brand new and under retail.

JCrew Factory Thompson Suit for $225. Should I pull the trigger bros?

Last suit I tried around that price was Express and it was awful.

40% everything @ JCREW factory.

Last edited:
JCrew Factory Thompson Suit for $225. Should I pull the trigger bros?

Last suit I tried around that price was Express and it was awful.

40% everything @ JCREW factory.
No mo but aren't you a slim/trim dude? My experience with the thompson was that it fit big in the midsection. I feel like you won't enjoy the fit. Just my 2 cents.

No mo but aren't you a slim/trim dude? My experience with the thompson was that it fit big in the midsection. I feel like you won't enjoy the fit. Just my 2 cents.

Haha. I'm slim/built (if that makes sense) I have broad shoulders, slim waist, thick thighs, and calves.
I've tried the jacket and it fits me well in chest/shoulders. The waist could be taken in but I'm not 100% sure.
I've never tried the pants on, but I'm sure I can alter them to an extent if they are a bit too loose.

I appreciate the input brotha

Last edited:
Got my JCrew Ludlow in today.. Very impressed with the fit OTR, even though some minor adjustments have to be made to the jacket, such as shortening the sleeves, taking in the waist and a hem on the pants. The Size 30x32 has good length, waist is spot on but my thighs are too big for them, hopefully the 31x32 is a better fit in the thigh.

Another thing worth mentioning is JCrew's customer service. They really came through for me. After Wis posted the ludlow link it sold out immediately (jacket and pants), but I was able to call them and order 2 size jackets and 2 size pants with free shipping and 40% off. So the Jacket came out to $54 and the pants $146. Which is a very reasonable price in my opinion, for a suit retailing around $650+tax.

Ok. So I thrifted this Orvis Blazer today...Surgeon's cuffs.
A, this is so dope in person. Kind of like the suit above, but not really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom