Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Looks a little boxy to me, maybe it's just the photo. But Orvis itself is a great brand, love their sweaters. Going to need to cop a few soon

for keeps J?
I think so. I put it on the bay at a ridiculous price while I think about it. I'm in the process of loosing weight and need to loose another 30 before it would fit me. Maybe a motivation piece.

Looks a little boxy to me, maybe it's just the photo. But Orvis itself is a great brand, love their sweaters. Going to need to cop a few soon
It is, but with a little tailoring it would be awesome, I can see it with a shirt and dark denim with boots in the winter.

Today:

My friend Carlton is running late from Bel Air.

Last edited:
When getting a striped suit, is there a rule to what to get or is it preference on whether you like the lines to be closely spaced or more further spaced?

When getting a striped suit, is there a rule to what to get or is it preference on whether you like the lines to be closely spaced or more further spaced?
Haven't heard of it. Don't get it too far spaced or too closely though. Chalkstripe is :pimp:

My 257 came in today. If anyone wants anything Filson I regimen recommend hitting up FilsonGuy on SF he sells them all brand new and under retail.
just out of curiosity for you guys that carry bags daily......................what do you carry in them?

I went to the unique on 22 in Plainfield since it was on my way home the other day. Place was ghetto as hell and smelled like ***. Never again lol

Last edited:
I went to the unique on 22 in Plainfield since it was on my way home the other day. Place was ghetto as hell and smelled like ***. Never again lol
Not my favorite but the unique on 22 in Union is :pimp:
A lot of my scores came from there. I don't think I've ever scooped anything from the Plainfield one.

Called the guy for Eisner, the hiring meeting that was supposed to happen yesterday got cancelled. said "he'll get back to me on thursday.." but is notorious for taking FOREVER to respond to me/people. :stoneface: My interview with them was back in December but they've been moving into one consolidated office and didn't get it all completed til July. They've held off on hiring until after but just keep giving me the damb run around. Would you guys even bother at this point?

J. Crew cancelled my order on that Ludlow, this the first time I didn't really get to come up on one of their deals so I'm not tripping. Probably still gonna return my summer suit since its already getting colder in Clevleand.

May use the extra funds to buy those AE boots from Nordstroms if the sale is still popping.

just out of curiosity for you guys that carry bags daily......................what do you carry in them?

MBP, Pens, Notebook, MBP Charger, Phone charger (*only when I know I'm going to be out of the office all day), snacks, occasionally I lug my iPad around.

Lol. Anyway, the tartan plaid was from Value Thrift in Burlington NJ and the knits were from Rebecca's Vintage and Consigment Boutique in Bordentown NJ. Not sure if you are local but hope that helps haha

Those places are way too far from me. I'm in Midtown Manhattan. I'd be lucky if I found a thrift shop like that somewhere here. I'd have to go all the way downtown or out to Williamsburg where the Hipster live.

Important paperwork from the office, The morning Wall Street Journal, iPhone charger, apartment keys, iPad, headphones, sunglasses w/case, eyeglasses w/case etc etc

Usually I fill my bag mostly with important paperwork from the office.

Called the guy for Eisner, the hiring meeting that was supposed to happen yesterday got cancelled. said "he'll get back to me on thursday.." but is notorious for taking FOREVER to respond to me/people. :stoneface: My interview with them was back in December but they've been moving into one consolidated office and didn't get it all completed til July. They've held off on hiring until after but just keep giving me the damb run around. Would you guys even bother at this point?

Honestly, if I were you--I'd probably just wait for them to get back to me. If this is the kind of behavior they're known for, then it's best to just wait. Maybe after a few weeks, I'd get back in touch with them to see what your hiring status is.

It's better to sit back and wait for them to come to you than you chase them around. I'm not saying for you just sit back with your feet up, but you know what i mean.

Nordstrom anniversary sale goes until August 5 I think

:smh: the closets Nordstrom to me is one all the way out in Long Island.

Last edited:
They even have the express buses that goes directly from the Terminal in NYC straight to GSP on the turnpike.

Thanks, I'll look into it. I have a couple of older AE's, but I'm the old school type--I like to try on the shoes before I buy them. A buddy at work told me that the new AE's run a bit larger, so, I should go a 1/2 size down.

Back
Top Bottom