Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I think it's an "older" look in that it's more conservative.

Nothing wrong with it, though. I'd totally wear it to a play or musical or something :lol:

^^^ I've always liked them. And I've done that before(over a dress shirt with tie) no pic though :frown:
Yeah, it's def a more conservative piece. Would look cool as a layering piece under a suit or outerwear too me thinks.

It's not as versatile as a cardigan that can be rocked with just a t shirt and sneakers.

Never understood the interest surrounding cardigans.

I think they make you look like a grandpa :lol:
Timeless staple piece on both sides, menswear and streetwear. On the other side of the spectrum, a hoody can make you look like a middle school kid. There are also different variants, ie high gorge for a more formal look vs low gorge for a more casual vibe.

Speaking of shoes check out this awesome video of LV. I watched four times lol

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Love those how to make it videos, whether its shoes/boots, watches, bags, cars, etc... they are always so interesting to me.

LV loafers.

Ferragamos Tramezza line, the one that MCs SF crowd actually respects. :lol:

Testoni

For guys looking for nice affordable entry level shoes. I found a couple reviews on a brand called John Doe. , all shoes are priced at 135 and only got up to 12.5 :frown:, but they're Goodyear welted and that's pretty :pimp: at that pricepoint

Broke and Bespoke's review

The Pantalones review

Last edited:
Those suede longwings look fantastic.  Easily wearable with a khaki and blazer or jeans in college.  You figure a shoe like that and a pair of rubber soled dress boots like the one Stafford made for JCPenney would be all that a guy really needs in terms of "formal" shoe wear while still in school.

I've been thinking about this and man, I think it's on par with being a "sneakerhead" nowadays to buying quality shoes and boots, financial wise.

If you cop a pair of sneakers on a weekly basis, which seems reasonable since almost something drops weekly...it'd come out to be an Alden per month or something like that :lol:

This is assuming you pay retail too and not the secondary market price. The shoes that triggered this post was the Lebron X champ pack that came out today. $500 for some cheap rubber and plastic :frown:

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this and man, I think it's on par with being a "sneakerhead" nowadays to buying quality shoes and boots, financial wise.

If you cop a pair of sneakers on a weekly basis, which seems reasonable since almost something drops weekly...it'd come out to be an Alden per month or something like that
laugh.gif

This is assuming you pay retail too and not the secondary market price. The shoes that triggered this post was the Lebron X champ pack that came out today. $500 for some cheap rubber and plastic
frown.gif
I feel the same way.  I still wouldn't mind picking up a pair of Lebron 9's that I never got around to getting, but for the most part I just simply see better value in Sperry or in Clark's DB's.  They're just so much more versatile in the long run than any pair of Nikes when you're on a limited budget.  The suede longwings that Wes posted are like the same price as a lower end pair of Nikes but you can honestly wear them for a more occasions and they'll probably last longer than any pair of Nikes.

I can definitely see myself forgoing sneakers other than a pair of Jack Purcells for next summer, and just primarily purchasing leather shoes like Allen Edmonds and even Aldens from here on out.
smile.gif

I can't get over the initial sticker shock of Aldens. I've never paid more than 250 for a pair of shoes, and most of the shoes I end up wanting these days are like 400+

In need of advice DB...

Wedding next week. I got a navy suit, white shirt, red tie.

What color/type of shoes would go with it? On a budget BTW.

Timeless staple piece on both sides, menswear and streetwear. On the other side of the spectrum, a hoody can make you look like a middle school kid. There are also different variants, ie high gorge for a more formal look vs low gorge for a more casual vibe.

Hoodies have always been my favourite piece of clothing, but as you said they make you look juvenile so it's a piece I'm slowing trying to phase out of my wardrobe (along with sneakers). I think the move is to start buying them in premium fabrics, like for example this cashmere Mr Bathing Ape:

And on a sidenote, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the W+H varsity. This photo was posted on Instagram and you can get a feel for the quality of the jacket. It comes in black and black/tartan also (I'll probably end up with all black). Hopefully the pricing isn't too through the roof, but then again we are talking about a brand that charges $100 for an Ebbets snapback and close to $300 for a flannel so I'm not holding my breath.

Found these at Ross shoe week Adidas top ten 2000 the flash got the buck looking crazy but they perfect
With all its shoe week at Ross; these are what I found, they'd look great with khakis,a buttoned shirt w/ tie, and even a sport coat, picture walking into the gym and your team is participating in the final four...ain't no denying your fresh

Back
Top Bottom