Dressing Better Vol 2.0

For guys looking for nice affordable entry level shoes. I found a couple reviews on a brand called John Doe. , all shoes are priced at 135 and only got up to 12.5 :frown:, but they're Goodyear welted and that's pretty :pimp: at that pricepoint

Broke and Bespoke's review

The Pantalones review

Had to comment on this quickly. It's great to see what looks like some great product come out of Mexico. Leon, Mexico and Oaxaca are well known in Mexico for having some really great shoemakers. I am going to give them a try very soon.

I'm sure Wis would let us know, right? :nerd:

By the way, did anyone else get their Ludlow blazer that was on sale that Wis posted? I think i only saw one or two saying that they got it. Way too many lurkers in here :lol: :smh:

J crew originally cancelled my order but I got lucky after calling J. crew I was able to get the blazer and jacket sent to me. I ended up coming outta pocket 158 total for the entire suit after doing some lip work with a sales associate in store after finding out they had all sales included on that ludlow secret sale....

Like the other said I need to find time to take it to a tailor but I'm sure as cold weather approaches I will be more motivated

Had to comment on this quickly. It's great to see what looks like some great product come out of Mexico. Leon, Mexico and Oaxaca are well known in Mexico for having some really great shoemakers. I am going to give them a try very soon.

Was not aware of that. Going to have to research more into that in the morning. Really wish they had my size I'd try a pair just to see.

:pimp: Awesome, man. I had a thing for Koreans a long time ago :lol: Most parents weren't really cool with that since I'm from South-East Asia.
:lol: I repost stuff I see from SF that I think folks here can benefit.

Asians and Hispanic women are my kryptonite, but I couldn't be happier than I am with my current chick. Literally everything I wanted in a woman, in regards to being so goal oriented and in terms of hobbies. She completely understands my interest in not just "dressing better" but fashion as a whole. Not too many people down here get that

Nice 2 tone jackets these will be mine next week for me
[/IMG]

Don't really know how practical or how many wears I will get out of these in south texas but gots to have them

Last edited:
For guys looking for nice affordable entry level shoes. I found a couple reviews on a brand called John Doe. , all shoes are priced at 135 and only got up to 12.5 :frown:, but they're Goodyear welted and that's pretty :pimp: at that pricepoint

Broke and Bespoke's review

The Pantalones review

I'd love for these guys to make a walnut-colored shoe.

Been waiting for the ryder wallet with a chain to go on sale for about a year now. It's usually excluded with coupons too. Really hope those boots hit at least 30% off.

Been waiting for the ryder wallet with a chain to go on sale for about a year now. It's usually excluded with coupons too. Really hope those boots hit at least 30% off.
i believe your in l.a. just get one of the s.a. to give you a ring when they hit sale. at one point the bowery boots were 300 bones this year but in store only. 

I'll give it a shot when sales season comes around, could the SA in-store order items from online though?

On a different note, I actually like these Toms, perfect slippers for chillin at home.

for the dbnt bros who follow me on ig,

i wanna save up for a buttery leather jacket for da fall.

what kind of jacket do u think best my aesthetics?

my range will be 3-500.

inb4 Bane shearling military jacket

$500 for a good/great quality leather is tough, $300 is even tougher.

Check Schotts NYC I guess? I think they may have some in a $600 range.

600 is fine. 

my one issue is that i love black leather but most of my wardrobe calls for brown.

however, it's always been a dream to have a  black one. growing up i would by cheal pleather ones and the stiffness of it always turned me off.

i dont often splurge on wardrobe and since i started my new job in may i havent copped anything "expensive".

inb4 my sneaker fetish im attempting to kill off.

my sartorial goals this year are the leather jacket, a nice charcoal grey suit, and a first pair of cordovan lace ups.

You can easily find a used TOJ in Styleforum's marketplace for 600 or you can always pony up a bit more and get it made to your exact size

are they still taking orders. i thought theyre temp shut down.

this sucks. cant buy right away bc im saving spending money for my vegas NYE trip.  anyone wanna meet up lol

Leather jackets might be the only piece of clothing where black and brown can clash a bit. Like a black boots with khakis and brown leather jackets, or black leather jacket with some beige jeans. But that is me.

Really depends on your style though.

And yeah TOJ is still taking orders.

Last edited:
I'll give it a shot when sales season comes around, could the SA in-store order items from online though?

On a different note, I actually like these Toms, perfect slippers for chillin at home.
What the. Bro, your mom let you wear that inside???

John: pony up the bread. You spend mad bread on sneakers. Sell something and allocate at least $700 for a leather.

Back
Top Bottom