Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I've been thinking about this and man, I think it's on par with being a "sneakerhead" nowadays to buying quality shoes and boots, financial wise.

If you cop a pair of sneakers on a weekly basis, which seems reasonable since almost something drops weekly...it'd come out to be an Alden per month or something like that :lol:

This is assuming you pay retail too and not the secondary market price. The shoes that triggered this post was the Lebron X champ pack that came out today. $500 for some cheap rubber and plastic :frown:

Holy ****...I just saw what you're talking about and at $500 (even though it's 2 pairs), they still sold out like it's nothing. Those things are awful.

In need of advice DB...

Wedding next week. I got a navy suit, white shirt, red tie.

What color/type of shoes would go with it? On a budget BTW.

Brown. How low of a budget?

Last edited:
Sheesh how'd it get so mature in here?

:stoneface:

It's ok, you tried.

Last edited:
Holy ****...I just saw what you're talking about and at $500 (even though it's 2 pairs), they still sold out like it's nothing. Those things are awful.
Brown. How low of a budget?
They're going for like $2k on the black market. I think this was the quickest sell ever. Shoes launched at 8AM EST, sold out online by 8:02AM :lol:

I bought a pair of the Lebron X "Black Mint" during a lunch break once. It was supposed to be a limited edition joint, and someone had returned my size. I went in the House of Hoops to say hi to the dudes and saw them. I got them at retail, $250. Came out to like $280 with tax. I checked them out at the office and the suede was OK, but nothing premium as they stated. They were returned hours later :lol:

If you spend $130 on some KDs this week, $160 on some retros the next, $200 next week on ....., it adds up quickly to rival that of what you would spend on quality shoes.

I feel bad for the youth nowadays and hope no one goes into extreme debt. I remember a few of my friends used their leftover financial aid money to cop Supreme Dunks and I thought that was nuts, but now it's even worse.

Today:

Here's that baseball jacket from JCP. It's 75 bucks right now I'll wait when it becomes discounted more but it's pretty nice. I sized up with the first pic and the second one is TTS. Like the way the XL fits compared to the L

Nice, omgitswes. I think the L fits you better fwiw. I'm patiently waiting on their leather sleeved varsity to show up in stores.

Yeah the L could def work, I'd just want a more relaxed fit with that. The denim jacket in the picture was actually pretty decent too but that was 75 as well.
Any other time I'd be more than happy paying 75 for them, but the fact that I know their discounts are usually pretty steep, I can wait until then

I wish it wasn't raining or else I'd wear this out tonight. I feel like I should own a boat or something with these pants.

JCP
Helmut Lang
Bally

Helmet Lang and Bally....baller, man!

Hey just curious have you met your girls parents? I asked because a Korean friend of mine had me meet hers and the dad gave me the evil look :lol:

Sucks about the rain, man. I'm soaking in the sun right now trying to get tan.

:lol: don't really like how the pants look with the loafers though. Like a guy mentioned on SF the hem is too wide for them to be that short. Looks better with other shoes though

and yup I was nervous meeting them for the first time, but wasn't too bad. She's actually mixed, her mom is Korean and dad is white. Her mom wasn't all too enthusiastic at first but that changed pretty fast. Even has treated us at lunch a couple of times. Dad was really cool from the jump though

Looking forward to J Crew Ludlow linen blazers to go on sale soon. :nerd:

I'm sure Wis would let us know, right? :nerd:

By the way, did anyone else get their Ludlow blazer that was on sale that Wis posted? I think i only saw one or two saying that they got it. Way too many lurkers in here :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
:lol: don't really like how the pants look with the loafers though. Like a guy mentioned on SF the hem is too wide for them to be that short. Looks better with other shoes though

and yup I was nervous meeting them for the first time, but wasn't too bad. She's actually mixed, her mom is Korean and dad is white. Her mom wasn't all too enthusiastic at first but that changed pretty fast. Even has treated us at lunch a couple of times. Dad was really cool from the jump though
:pimp: Awesome, man. I had a thing for Koreans a long time ago :lol: Most parents weren't really cool with that since I'm from South-East Asia.

By the way, did anyone else get their Ludlow blazer that was on sale that Wis posted? I think i only saw one or two saying that they got it. Way too many lurkers in here :lol: :smh:
:lol: I repost stuff I see from SF that I think folks here can benefit.

Usually when it's time for deep clearance, selection is really limited.

Definitely a lot of folks in this thread!

B

I ordered it, I still need to find time to get to a tailor down here around DC...well I need to find a decent one who is affordable but when I do I'll get it taken in :lol: ...the initial fit wasn't bad at all though and that price was so :nthat: I'm probably gonna order the pants in the near future too, I think it'll work as a stand alone blazer too

Got to see the thread moving and I definitely appreciate the constructive criticism. Will comment more on that and the last couple pages tomorrow, especially in regards to footwear. Celebrating 3 years with the wifey away from everything over at Mohonk Mountain house I highly suggest it.

Got my 40L last week but returned it because it was too big. Checked back on the website today and see they have a FSR including my size 40R at $425 :smh:

Got to see the thread moving and I definitely appreciate the constructive criticism. Will comment more on that and the last couple pages tomorrow, especially in regards to footwear. Celebrating 3 years with the wifey away from everything over at Mohonk Mountain house I highly suggest it.

I think you've mentioned Mohonk on here before. I've been to a wedding there, nice setting.

Got my 40L last week but returned it because it was too big. Checked back on the website today and see they have a FSR including my size 40R at $425 :smh:

Call customer service and tell them what had happened was...their customer service is great, you never know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom