Dressing Better Vol 2.0

AE Strands from Nordstrom finally came in today. Very happy with my purchase. For some reason, I thought the cedar shoe trees were gonna come with them.

Weird question, but do you guys shop alone or do you go with someone else?
laugh.gif

The items they offered for the Target x NM collab was terrible though, for men it was just the Rag & Bone cardigan and the almost Chanel-esque Thom Browne blazer?

This collection is much more wearable with the sweat pants, sweaters, tee and Wis will buy all the camo in the collection. While guys wouldn't be lining up for these, I can see some of it selling out at some places, especially with the current "sporty"/"activewear" trend of the moment.
:pimp: that I will.

AE Strands from Nordstrom finally came in today. Very happy with my purchase. For some reason, I thought the cedar shoe trees were gonna come with them.

Weird question, but do you guys shop alone or do you go with someone else? :lol:

I always shop alone. But when I "shop" it's not spending countless hours at malls. I usually hit up my fav stores and look for anything that catch my eyes and chop it up with the SAs I know. I never really liked shopping with anyone, even my gf because its not as relaxing. Weird I know.

You dudes still wanna do the Xmas gift exchange like last year? Last year went well for the most part but there was a few wrinkles that should be ironed out if we are gonna do it again.

You dudes still wanna do the Xmas gift exchange like last year? Last year went well for the most part but there was a few wrinkles that should be ironed out if we are gonna do it again.
Now that I finally have the damb funds, I'm definitely in this time fellas.

can a tailor shorten the sleeves on a denim jacket? It seems like they would have to take it up at the shoulder.

how much would you spend on something like that? otherwise I'll return it but shipping it back across the border is always a pain in the ***

Weird question, but do you guys shop alone or do you go with someone else? :lol:

I haven't stepped in a brick and mortar to with the intent to buy in years. But when I used to buy from stores, I prefer alone, it's faster

I go to the mall alone when I plan to buy something. Don't need another person to slow me down. Don't need their opinion either since I wouldn't care what they think.

Shadykay that polo looks good with the blazer still mad i missed on those Bastian collabos...people on ebay trying to charge too much for em.

but yeah when I plan on buying something I go solo...I only ever go to the mall (excluding Marshall's or the Rack) with a set out idea of what I'm getting. Usually I order online though no need to drive and waste time.

Going to the mall with my gf is a horrible experience :lol: smh no plan just helter skelter buzzing through every store an I end up just carrying bags and checking scores of the games I'm missing on my phone and getting told to stop sulking :rofl:

It's funny seeing the circle of misery with the other boyfriends, husbands in the store just sitting outside the dressing room areas with no hope all looking like we're doing a bid

Last edited:
meh, nothing on that list seems appealing. I already own a trench which I got earlier in the year. I prefer shopping alone as well. And I prefer shopping online cause I tend to find more things online than in store.

I go to the mall alone when I plan to buy something. Don't need another person to slow me down. Don't need their opinion either since I wouldn't care what they think.

The only way ill ask another opinion if there's a chick I bump into that I wanna holla at :D . Quick question tho I'm sure wj4 can help I'm trying to look for some good decent leather jackets for the winter black and chocolate brown any ideas where I can some for a decent price also a jean jacket will help too. Thanks again

For sure. Always know exactly what I need, don't want to waste any time.

Yeah when I plan on buying something I go solo...I only ever go to the mall (excluding Marshall's or the Rack) with a set out idea of what I'm getting. Usually I order online though no need to drive and waste time.

Going to the mall with my gf is a horrible experience :lol: smh no plan just belter smelter buzzing through every store an I end up just carrying bags and checking scores of the games I'm missing on my phone and getting told to stop sulking :rofl:

It's funny seeing the circle of misery with the other boyfriends, husbands in the store just sitting outside the dressing room areas with no hope all looking like we're doing a bid

:rofl:

The WORST is Forever 21. I've been with girls who have spent over an hour in there >: :lol:

can a tailor shorten the sleeves on a denim jacket? It seems like they would have to take it up at the shoulder.

how much would you spend on something like that? otherwise I'll return it but shipping it back across the border is always a pain in the ***

Depending upon the construction (I'm thinking of the Levi's slim trucker I've got), it could possibly be shortened at the end of the sleeve/cuff, it would just shorten the open area when unbuttoned. It'd most definitely be easier and cheaper than at the shoulder. Can't guess how much though, I've never done it, it's more complex than getting jeans hemmed and it'd depend on the tailor, their expertise/comfort and how extensive the work is.

THE TRENCH

This is the one item that I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up. Any idea on the price anyone?

The items they offered for the Target x NM collab was terrible though, for men it was just the Rag & Bone cardigan and the almost Chanel-esque Thom Browne blazer?

This collection is much more wearable with the sweat pants, sweaters, tee and Wis will buy all the camo in the collection. While guys wouldn't be lining up for these, I can see some of it selling out at some places, especially with the current "sporty"/"activewear" trend of the moment.

Pretty sure mine will be getting it and it's not in a very popular place so just let me know.

I prefer to shop alone because I usually know where I am going and what I am looking for, which usually means I'm in and out pretty quickly. I don't mind when I go with my wife because she likes to shop; of course lol but I definitely know that it's going to be a longer outing which I don't mind most of the time.

Im am liking that new target collab. Which is good because I am on a big spending strike. Daughter wants to go to a middle/high school where tuition is higher than what I paid for college. Sheesh.

Buying and shopping are two different things for me. I never buy when I shop and I never shop when I buy. When I go shopping it's in anticipation to buy something later down the line. So I cant go shopping with someone else, because it involves me looking at the same thing over and over before I eventually buy. I can go buying with someone else because it involves me walking in the store making my purchase and leaving and no looking around. I even dress different when I am shopping or buying. If I am shopping I am dressed down and dressed up to make a purchase. I am weird like that.

For some weird reason I can go shopping with girls but I won't do any shopping of my own. Girls will ask "do you want to look at anything", I'm like "naw".

I don't think it's worth it, man...unless it's something you can't live without. It's going to be pretty pricey, not sure how much because I've never done this myself.

Will do :pimp:
id be down. Talk some cool cats :lol:
If I see anything, I'll let you know. There's a few of us in the valley.

Now that I finally have the damb funds, I'm definitely in this time fellas.

Didn't do #dbnt last year, but definitely down this year.

You guys want to keep the price range the same?

We need to discuss the logistics too, ie if we are going to limit to the regulars only to prevent any funny activities, and price point.

I'm getting RFX a camo 1/4 zip hoody :pimp:

Today:

Apologies for the dark picture, overcast this morning.

I did a denim shirt. Tailor took off the cuff and shorten for there and re-applied the cuff. I got the sleeves slimmed as well. It was pretty pricey but cheaper than buying one off the rack the way I wanted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom