Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Schott NYC is the brand name
Just google it and you'll find their site

And for jean jackets there's cheap ones like AE and more higher end ones from brands like IH
Jean jacket is a lot cheaper. Levi's got some good ones. Go to Macy's and cop when there's a sale. You can get one for about $50 or so. Gap is also cheap and fits nicely.

Ps quoted the wrong user.

Schott NYC is the brand name
Just google it and you'll find their site

And for jean jackets there's cheap ones like AE and more higher end ones from brands like IH

Yeah I noticed Levi had em I'm looking for a sky blue not the dark denim but ill check out Macy's for sure and AE thanks for the info man this thread been golden for a while y'all stay on top of the gm much respect!

What brand are these

I hope those Phillip Lim x Target sneakers are at least decent quality leather. I'd even take Nike-esque "is it actual leather or not?" on them if the price is right.

Last edited:
$80 for the trench
$300 for the biker
$30 for the tapered sweats, crewneck, and shirts
$20 for the tees.
$45 for the sneakers
$55 for the Chelsea boots

via

Last edited:
$80 for the trench
$300 for the biker
$30 for the tapered sweats, crewneck, and shirts
$20 for the tees.
$45 for the sneakers
I'll probably get the sweats if the fit is right. Biker jacket is too $ at retail though. I can see it get marked half off soon.

With a leather, I wouldn't skimp because the cheap stuff is really obvious. The best bet is try on a grip of brands and know your sizes in them and buy off season on discount.

For retail, I think Schott NYC is the cheapest and has decent quality to it. I think a brown bomber would be a nice first piece.

I'm sure RFX is more learned in this subsection than me. Dude has like 10+ leather and suede pieces.

Schott NYC where is that exactly manhattan? RFX I need ya where you at lol. I see what your saying definitely don't want a jacket to be that obvious n cheap I gotta look good I guess ima have to spend bread just wondering how much...what about jean jackets?

I've been wanting a leather jacket as well for the past 2 years. Schott makes some quality stuff with decent designs. I've been looking for something with a really plain design though. Don't want any zippered sleeves or zippered pockets / chest pockets. Seems like any quality leather will cost you $750 +. Saw a pretty nice jacket online yesterday but can't be spending $800 right now.

I hope those Phillip Lim x Target sneakers are at least decent quality leather. I'd even take Nike-esque "is it actual leather or not?" on them if the price is right.
Wishful thinking
roll.gif
Joints look like tupperware. I don't care about my sneakers creasing but those look like they are gonna straight fold. I believe the price will be right for what you're getting...very little.

Going to a wedding in Miami in October.

Where can I find a suit for under $300 and what color/type suit would you guys recommend?

Any feedback, appreciated!

Going to a wedding in Miami in October.

Where can I find a suit for under $300 and what color/type suit would you guys recommend?

Light khaki, or navy
And get it at express, get the photagrapher suit if you slim or in shape

Any feedback, appreciated!

Last edited:
ill be attending my first wedding on the 24th and  have no idea what to wear. Its formal wear but the couple is pretty young (21) and the ceremony isnt supposed to be that big

so I dont wanna go over bored with what i wear.

i have a 175 budget help me bros..

Phillip Lim on His New Target Collaboration, His Love of Sweats, and More

For the better part of five years Phillip Lim resisted Target's proposal to collaborate on a collection and while an offer like that is something most young brands would pounce on immediately, Lim's initial resistance actually speaks volumes about his objective as a designer. The years in between then and now allowed Lim to sort through his own ideas and establish a signature aesthetic, one that looks forward but is firmly grounded in what guys actually want to wear. This considered outlook is imprinted all over the designer's Target collaboration, from the tailored stretch cotton suiting, to the tapered sweat pants, and those must-have $45 bluff seamed sneakers. Lim's goal was to take classic items, like those kicks, and "reduce it down without removing the poetry," so pieces like a leather biker jacket remain familiar but have been refit with modern proportions. We briefly chatted with the designer to find out how the lineup came together and why guys wearing 3.1 should be looking over their shoulders.

GQ: You've said that this collaboration with Target has been discussed for a while now. What was your initial apprehension about doing one?
Phillip Lim: Target is such a huge entity. It's a beast, right? And I wasn't ready to tame the beast. What was on my mind then was about what I was doing and building a language for the brand. They kept coming back every year and finally I was like, "okay, let's do it."

GQ: How long did it take you to design the collection?
Lim: It was literally the week after the women's show in February. It was a crazy schedule but I knew what I wanted to do already. It was about starting with what am I still interested in and what's still relevant, and then looking at what Target is about.

GQ: How did that give way to the final pieces? Some of the pieces, like the leather jacket, are very much in the DNA of your brand but others look new.
Lim: The leather jacket, for example: you might find one in Target, but you won't find one that fits like this. With these trainers it's the whole idea of reducing them down to not be silly like a clown. For guys it's about staples. I think it's about respecting guy codes but at the same time not putting guys to sleep.

GQ: As a designer is it exciting for you to be able to bring these codes and new proportions to such a mass market audience?
Lim: Yes. That was so important and I was so impressed with Target's reception of it. You think about mass retailers and they always throw glitter on everything because they have to stand out, right? But Target was like, "no, guys will wear this."

GQ: What would you say is the one item in the collection every guy should pick up once it goes on sale?
Lim: The Grab and Go pack. When you're in a hurry packing, it's the perfect fit t-shirt, boxer brief, and socks that match. It comes in black and gray and it's essential.

GQ: When you're at a Target, what is the one thing you always have to pick up?
Lim: I always buy sweats. One day I'm going to have a sweats set dinner party. And I always buy athletic socks.

GQ: This collection is going to open up your brand to such a wide audience. Is seeing guys on the street in your pieces something that makes you happy?
Lim: My reaction is that I become the fan. I'm like following them, seeing what they're wearing with it.

GQ: Got it, we'll tell guys to be looking over their shoulder.
Lim: No, I'm just happy we can address fifty percent of the population.

looks dope but knowing how every target x high fashion collab goes

no need for the hype all this stuff goes on clearance within a month or two

Thanks for the pics and prices. The sneakers don't look bad, as well as some other pieces. I'll be at the store to check them out.

I'm not the biggest camo fan(sorry Grizz), so I can mark some off the list already.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom