Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I get it, it's a Ninjahood jab and how he denies his "blackness" , :lol:, according to black NT'ers.

My reply was more of a pep talk, regarding turning that page that people dread. The 20's are a great time, but it's also turbulent in many ways. We often forget that, and focus on the glow of the good times. I just started, but I'm enjoying this chapter ("The 30's"), reflecting on my 20's and realizing how foolish some decisions I made were.

Good times ahead, good times.
The few friends I have that are in their 30s and still single love it. More money and more fun

REAL TALK, I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT MAN. 

ITS CRAZY BC, 29 HAS PROBABLY BEEN MY MOST SUCCESSFUL YEAR. ACADEMICALLY, FINANCIALLY, "AESTHETICALLY (SHOUT TEAM FITNESS)", ETC.

BUT I FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN PLAYING CATCH UP BC WHEN I GRADUATED UNDERGRAD AT 22 I DIDNT THINK I'D DELAY GRAD SCHOOL.  

ITS THOSE VOICES OF DOUBTS INSIDE MY HEAD THAT OFTEN PUSH ME TO GO HARDER TO BE STRONG TO BE THE BEST.  BUT AT THE SAME TIME THOSE VOICES CAN BE DEAFENING.

IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR. RIGHT BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY.

IVE MENTIONED THIS ON NT.  MY BIRTHDAY IS A CELEBRATION BUT ALSO MY ANNUAL REVIEW.

30 IS AMILESTONE. ENOUGH DELAYS. THE TIME IS NOW.
Grad school has no correlation with age. I had folks that were double my age in both of my graduate programs.

BRRROOOOo   , It started with hemmed pants, they called them "high waters" , at the same time i was rolling my chinos twice, this was almost a year ago..... Now its the swag here.... I mean a lot of conservative people too....   Crazy
yeap! gotten this and still do. Any time I wear a jacket or suit I get the "where are you going today?" or "date night?" or my favorite one " you have an interview today?" To mostly all my male co-workers my suits are too "tight" when in reality I'm just not swimming in my suits and my shoes are too fancy compared to their square toe shoes....literally s*** I've been told. Funny though that I've started seeing some of them in slimmer suits and better shoes. My co-workers aren't conservative they're just d**** half the time because they think it's funny. They've tried calling me out in front of the female teachers only for it to backfire on them with the ladies pretty much telling them he's the best dressed here or it looks great, etc. LOL.
Lol i love it, feels like the same situation - I feel you!

About to be 30 too. Loving this age. Mid to late 20's were the sht! That said, its time for a career move. Just finished updating my résumé :smokin.

Generally speaking, would you guys refrain from wearing a 4x2 double breasted suit to a professional interview? Edit - I'll likely be looking at consultative sales roles in the supply chain services / software industries.

Last edited:
how is graduating at 22 bad? Don't you guys guys graduate HS at 18 or close to 18? College is 4 more years so 22.

And yea grad school has no correlation with age because with business schools a lot of them want a few years of real experience first as oppose to taking you straight out of undergrad

Serg- Please do not take offense to this statement I'm about to make. As long as you are a "big guy" you will always get the "suit is too tight" even though in reality it's just a slim cut.

I'm almost to the point where i can completely lose the "fat" label and fitted clothing is looking flattering to my physique as opposed to looking too tight.

I never got sly comments, do get compliments from the females in the office and the guys usually ask for advice: "I got a date, casual setting, what do you recommend I wear?".

how is graduating at 22 bad? Don't you guys guys graduate HS at 18 or close to 18? College is 4 more years so 22.

And yea grad school has no correlation with age because with business schools a lot of them want a few years of real experience first as oppose to taking you straight out of undergrad

Yea for example avg mba student is 27-30

I get it, it's a Ninjahood jab and how he denies his "blackness" ,
laugh.gif
, according to black NT'ers.

My reply was more of a pep talk, regarding turning that page that people dread. The 20's are a great time, but it's also turbulent in many ways. We often forget that, and focus on the glow of the good times. I just started, but I'm enjoying this chapter ("The 30's"), reflecting on my 20's and realizing how foolish some decisions I made were.

Good times ahead, good times.
The few friends I have that are in their 30s and still single love it. More money and more fun
REAL TALK, I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT MAN. 

ITS CRAZY BC, 29 HAS PROBABLY BEEN MY MOST SUCCESSFUL YEAR. ACADEMICALLY, FINANCIALLY, "AESTHETICALLY (SHOUT TEAM FITNESS)", ETC.

BUT I FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN PLAYING CATCH UP BC WHEN I GRADUATED UNDERGRAD AT 22 I DIDNT THINK I'D DELAY GRAD SCHOOL.  

ITS THOSE VOICES OF DOUBTS INSIDE MY HEAD THAT OFTEN PUSH ME TO GO HARDER TO BE STRONG TO BE THE BEST.  BUT AT THE SAME TIME THOSE VOICES CAN BE DEAFENING.

IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR. RIGHT BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY.

IVE MENTIONED THIS ON NT.  MY BIRTHDAY IS A CELEBRATION BUT ALSO MY ANNUAL REVIEW.

30 IS AMILESTONE. ENOUGH DELAYS. THE TIME IS NOW.
Grad school has no correlation with age. I had folks that were double my age in both of my graduate programs.
I'll def cosign on the having more money lol. i bartend part time. so the money is "good", but like i said relative to where i wanted to be vs where i am.

thanks for the uplifting words man.

youre def a wise person. if u were on the east coast i'd invite u for a jameson!

i gues to be specific. i graduated at 22. i got work right away and instead of saving i spent it on booze shoes and clubbing. i did not save right.

i got complacent and stayed at that job for 5 years. got into a really bad relationship. really, spent almost all my saving.

lets call it a wake up call.

honestly. it was a bump but a bump i needed.

28 and 29 were years of redemption for me.

30 will be da beginning of the glory years.

i feel like we should def open up dressing better into a living better type steez.

i love seeing young bros on the right track.

reminds me of the mistakes i made. smile knowing u guys are on the right track.

sorry for the tangental train of thought

anyone got their september issue of GQ yet, havent received mines and i was made aware through IG that they published that pic with the red trousers....really wanna see what it looks like...lol

Serg- Please do not take offense to this statement I'm about to make. As long as you are a "big guy" you will always get the "suit is too tight" even though in reality it's just a slim cut.

I'm almost to the point where i can completely lose the "fat" label and fitted clothing is looking flattering to my physique as opposed to looking too tight.

I never got sly comments, do get compliments from the females in the office and the guys usually ask for advice: "I got a date, casual setting, what do you recommend I wear?".

Not taking it the wrong way at all. I'll give a better example for my co-workers even when I wear for example my jacket from Michael Andrews Bespoke which doesn't pull at all or when I wear anything that all of us here would consider fitting properly they describe as "too tight."

It's more of a product of people at my job thinking that wearing things that fit properly is wearing things two sizes up. One of my co-workers who for sure is a Small (14.5/15 neck) wears size L shirts all the time and size 16/16.5 neck.

Geez, what is this, an aging better thread?

rimshot.gif

LOL

anyone got their september issue of GQ yet, havent received mines and i was made aware through IG that they published that pic with the red trousers....really wanna see what it looks like...lol

not yet man, just got esquire about 2 days ago so my GQ one should be here soon. PM me your # and I will text you the picture when I receive it.

I'm thinking haircut tomorrow in prep for my new job. Would it be ridiculous to cut the sides lower and have my top be at like 5-6 inches still doe? :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom