Dressing Better Vol 2.0

@sleet , completely understand you POV, I dont think i have one pair of plain dress socks any more lol. As far as the pants go, i prolly have almost every color... Very non traditional in the corporate world, but i tend to get plenty of compliments... More so females than males... But then slowly the males attempt to add more color to their wardrobe... 
Good on you. I have a couple of colours but nothing to brave. You should own a few pair of plain black socks - staples.

I am after some well fitting chinos, tapered, and not too wrinkly. I am struggling here in the UK.
I sometimes just use Jcrews stock pairs and roll them up twice, although i do tend to get some tailored from time to time...  If you have a slim build im sure Jcrew Chinos would workout, I can grab you a pair and ship if needed... Im not worried about making anything off of the transaction.  Check out their site and just lmk, They have to e my fav brand right now. 

Uni Qlo have some, but they need taking up, which is a massive pain.

Do you guys get Uni Qlo in the US?

I feel like ive heard of this store, as a matter of fact i was in Philly a couple weeks ago and i feel like i seen this store in a downtown mall..  I currently live in the middle of the US and we do not have a Uni Qlo anywhere remotely close. 

Wholetime, those mercer pants with the sweatpant style cuff are MONEY...

I'm not typically a fan of sweatpant style pants (with the bunched up elastic cuff that looks terrible IMO) but these actually look TOUGH because that cuff looks "natural"... Any idea on how much these are retailing for?

LMAO. WENT OVER YOUR HEAD BRO.
I get it, it's a Ninjahood jab and how he denies his "blackness" ,
laugh.gif
, according to black NT'ers.

My reply was more of a pep talk, regarding turning that page that people dread. The 20's are a great time, but it's also turbulent in many ways. We often forget that, and focus on the glow of the good times. I just started, but I'm enjoying this chapter ("The 30's"), reflecting on my 20's and realizing how foolish some decisions I made were.

Good times ahead, good times.
REAL TALK, I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT MAN. 

ITS CRAZY BC, 29 HAS PROBABLY BEEN MY MOST SUCCESSFUL YEAR. ACADEMICALLY, FINANCIALLY, "AESTHETICALLY (SHOUT TEAM FITNESS)", ETC.

BUT I FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN PLAYING CATCH UP BC WHEN I GRADUATED UNDERGRAD AT 22 I DIDNT THINK I'D DELAY GRAD SCHOOL.  

ITS THOSE VOICES OF DOUBTS INSIDE MY HEAD THAT OFTEN PUSH ME TO GO HARDER TO BE STRONG TO BE THE BEST.  BUT AT THE SAME TIME THOSE VOICES CAN BE DEAFENING.

IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR. RIGHT BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY.

IVE MENTIONED THIS ON NT.  MY BIRTHDAY IS A CELEBRATION BUT ALSO MY ANNUAL REVIEW.

30 IS AMILESTONE. ENOUGH DELAYS. THE TIME IS NOW.

Yea we do, both online and in-store. Let us know if you need any help grabbing anything.

@sleet , completely understand you POV, I dont think i have one pair of plain dress socks any more lol. As far as the pants go, i prolly have almost every color... Very non traditional in the corporate world, but i tend to get plenty of compliments... More so females than males... But then slowly the males attempt to add more color to their wardrobe... 

Isn't it funny how this happens? Dudes at my job always have something slick to say but then a few weeks later they are mimicking what you're wearing.

Any sizing help with the flyknit trainers? I'm an 11 in jack purcell's. I was thinking of going with an 11.5. Anybody?

I'm not typically a fan of sweatpant style pants (with the bunched up elastic cuff that looks terrible IMO) but these actually look TOUGH because that cuff looks "natural"... Any idea on how much these are retailing for?
I may be mistaken but i feel like H&M had a few colors in cuffed sweats a couple seasons ago.... If you could find the SKU, im sure their customer service would be able to stock locate a pair.

$135

I THINK 135/6.

IF U HAVE ACCESS THEY HAVE SOME FROM THE PREVIOUS COLLECTION IN STORE.

$135
DAAAAMMMM NNNNNNN     Thats up there...  The h& M pair i was talking about is $20

You could make them work

FOR THOSE WHOD RATHER NOT SPEND OVER 100 ON CUFFED CHINOS.

JUST TAKE A PAIR OF YOUR FAV CHINOS, TAKE AN OLD HOODY. AND HAVE THE TAILOR "MERCER" THEM OUT FOR U. I DID WITH A PAIR OF APLHAS

DAAAAMMMM NNNNNNN     Thats up there...  The h& M pair i was talking about is $20

You could make them work

Those are SWEATS fam... we're talking about PANTS... These RF joints just happen to have a sweat CUFF (they are still pants)... sorry for the confusion...

I actually have the sweats in that pic that i copped at h&m for $20-25...

Thanks for the info on pricing fellas....

Last edited:

Yea we do, both online and in-store. Let us know if you need any help grabbing anything.

Isn't it funny how this happens? Dudes at my job always have something slick to say but then a few weeks later they are mimicking what you're wearing.
BRRROOOOo   , It started with hemmed pants, they called them "high waters" , at the same time i was rolling my chinos twice, this was almost a year ago..... Now its the swag here.... I mean a lot of conservative people too....   Crazy

You could make them work
Those are SWEATS fam... we're talking about PANTS... These RF joints just happen to have a sweat CUFF (they are still pants)... sorry for the confusion...

I actually have the sweats in that pic that i copped at h&m for $20-25...

Thanks for the info on pricing fellas....
Oh **** , your right- With that said ima have to drop the $120 on them black chinos then.... FIRE!!!

BRRROOOOo   , It started with hemmed pants, they called them "high waters" , at the same time i was rolling my chinos twice, this was almost a year ago..... Now its the swag here.... I mean a lot of conservative people too....   Crazy
Chinos have been rolled in the UK for a long while....

yeap! gotten this and still do. Any time I wear a jacket or suit I get the "where are you going today?" or "date night?" or my favorite one " you have an interview today?" To mostly all my male co-workers my suits are too "tight" when in reality I'm just not swimming in my suits and my shoes are too fancy compared to their square toe shoes....literally s*** I've been told. Funny though that I've started seeing some of them in slimmer suits and better shoes. My co-workers aren't conservative they're just d**** half the time because they think it's funny. They've tried calling me out in front of the female teachers only for it to backfire on them with the ladies pretty much telling them he's the best dressed here or it looks great, etc. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom