Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^Yeah if you get it from some POS mall tux rental spot. There's good tux rental spots out there. And a navy suit to a black tie event is not a good look, period. Dude will stick out like a sore thumb, in a bad way. If the hosts want black tie, respect them and go black tie appropriate. If you can't for whatever reason, regretfully decline attending. It's that easy.

I don't know of a rental shop that actually provides anyone with a decently tailored tux. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a navy suit paired with a white shirt a dark tie, preferably navy or black and black well shined shoes. Add to the fact that if the fit is on point and which with tailoring can be and will be better than any rental tux. If it is a "true" black tie event like a gala then I would say don't go with a suit but invest in a tux like actually buy one but if I remember correctly it's a wedding, the chances that anyone else is wearing a tux and not on the bridal party are slim.

In short wear the navy suit.

$300 a good price for MMM lows? I already bought a pair from Tres Bien for like $279, which was during their most recent sale.. :nerd:

Not RFX approved but I dig.

i'd hate for my girl to wear any sneakers or streetwear 

I'm cool with streetwear but I'm not a fan of sneakers on women either, except for Isabel Marant sneakers but only the black ones and white ones...and some runners are nice too

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of sneakers on chicks. It just seems like they're trying to hard. I used to dig it but I want my lady looking like a lady...

I'm looking for a peacoat and I don't want to wait 2-3 months for W+H to drop theirs (nor do I want to spend $800+ on it). Does anyone have any experience with the Schott DU753? It's their slim 24oz peacoat and I'm leaning towards the oxford grey color. Does anyone else make a slim peacoat?

:lol:. Since when does black tie mean 'dressy'? Black tie = black tie. Semi-formal = dressy. This is a no brainer.

...this will be my last reply as every time you post something it's to try and negate something. When people put black tie on a wedding invitation it's so that people dress up and wear a suit. Now if I knew my friends were the type of people who black tie means black tie then sure I would tux it up. For example if Wis or A or anyone here would have a black tie wedding then you bet I'll be wearing a tux. Now if anyone else in my circle puts black tie I know that means they want people to wear a suit.

Just sayin...

laugh.gif
. Since when does black tie mean 'dressy'? Black tie = black tie. Semi-formal = dressy. This is a no brainer.
You're right, but people don't realize that formal really means tux (black tie at the minimum) and they assume that a suit is enough which isn't true.  If I wrote semi-formal on my wedding invitation, I can be sure that there are going to be people showing up in polos and khakis.  That's what sarteaga was trying to say.

...this will be my last reply as every time you post something it's to try and negate something. When people put black tie on a wedding invitation it's so that people dress up and wear a suit. Now if I knew my friends were the type of people who black tie means black tie then sure I would tux it up. For example if Wis or A or anyone here would have a black tie wedding then you bet I'll be wearing a tux. Now if anyone else in my circle puts black tie I know that means they want people to wear a suit.

Just sayin...
My wedding will be black tie and Concord 11s :pimp: :lol:

i'd hate for my girl to wear any sneakers or streetwear 

I'm cool with streetwear but I'm not a fan of sneakers on women either, except for Isabel Marant sneakers but only the black ones and white ones...and some runners are nice too

Yeah shorty better have on heels on her trip to the supermarket.

:lol: :lol: dudes have vivid imagination about their wives, I don't even think I could tell my lady she could only wear black or white Isabel Marants no other sneakers that sounds hilarious

I kinda think it's 50/50 between my friends and family whether an invitation stating "black-tie" would mean tuxedo or generally formal. A lot of it depends on the time & setting. But if I wasn't sure, I'd just ask. There's no way that if the intention is tux that I'm wearing a navy suit...but I'm also not renting a tux. Buy one, you can actually find some well-fitting options for a reasonable price or if you've stopped growing, buy a nice one if your budget allows.

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: dudes have vivid imagination about their wives, I don't even think I could tell my lady she could only wear black or white Isabel Marants no other sneakers that sounds hilarious

I don't have to. Mine only wears sneakers when she's running out like dude said going out to run quick errands.

When I hear black tie I assume formal too.

Cheapest place to get some Beeswax Clark DB's :nerd: ? Thanks in advance.

Not sure about right now but check Amazon or otherwise retailers that you can use a coupon code on if you're buying online. IDK if they carry them still but I got my Beeswax DB from BR maybe 5 years ago for like 35% off...I think retail price was lower then too.

Last edited:
How do the Eastland Sherman 1955's fit? I'm close to pulling the trigger on a pair but want to be certain I get the best fit possible. Wish I could try these on somewhere first but oh well, hopefully it'll all work out in the end.

Back
Top Bottom