Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Check your local Marshall's for Happy Socks.

So I have a question..

I've never been to a wedding but if its a black tie wedding, can I wear a Navy suit?

I plan on wearing a white shirt, black tie and black shoes.

I don't owe a black suit, yet own about 7 suits. Just not into them

how do you guys care for your ties? i have about 10 in rotation for work, but really have no idea how to store them/hang them. do you suggest getting a revolving tie hook for the closet?

i also read somewhere that rolling your ties is better.

there are literally only a handful of legit goyard retailers in the US and no authorized retailers online

Was about to say the same thing. Didn't know so many of y'all were up on Goyard, really classic brand. Would love a trunk to have in my place as decoration.

Was about to say the same thing. Didn't know so many of y'all were up on Goyard, really classic brand. Would love a trunk to have in my place as decoration.
Iconic brand. I think it's around the same age as LV, but more coveted because like Rob said, it's hard to get.

My next piece would be from Goyard.

"black tie" doesn't mean you have to wear black. it means that it is a formal affair and formal attire should be worn. at the very least a suit but a tux would be preferable.

"black tie" doesn't mean you have to wear black. it means that it is a formal affair and formal attire should be worn. at the very least a suit but a tux would be preferable.
Reading between the lines....camo is OK.

Iconic brand. I think it's around the same age as LV, but more coveted because like Rob said, it's hard to get.

My next piece would be from Goyard.

I love goyard although all i have is a card holder. my gf has a duffel that she got from her mom as a gift.

goyard fact: goyard is the oldest Parisian trunk maker still in business and the store is still located at it's original 1853 location on rue st. honore in paris.

I love goyard although all i have is a card holder. my gf has a duffel that she got from her mom as a gift.

goyard fact: goyard is the oldest Parisian trunk maker still in business and the store is still located at it's original 1853 location on rue st. honore in paris.

Factoid of the day you say?

Tell Adrian we're changing plan. No more Dubai, we're going to Paris in 4 years and 10 months.

Wis, you make me worry..

As for ties, rolling it makes your collection look so dope. Here's my set up (with my boy whiskers chillin in the cut :lol:). I have so damb many that they I had to begin a second layer..I think it's time I get a new drawer haha

how do you guys care for your ties? i have about 10 in rotation for work, but really have no idea how to store them/hang them. do you suggest getting a revolving tie hook for the closet?

i also read somewhere that rolling your ties is better.

If you don't have the space in your drawers but somewhere to stack some bins in your closet, get some shoe box sized boxes and roll them up. Got my boxes from Dollar Tree:

^Yeah if you get it from some POS mall tux rental spot. There's good tux rental spots out there. And a navy suit to a black tie event is not a good look, period. Dude will stick out like a sore thumb, in a bad way. If the hosts want black tie, respect them and go black tie appropriate. If you can't for whatever reason, regretfully decline attending. It's that easy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom