Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Today:

Style and preference is always changing. Last year, I loved wearing chinos with shirts tucked in. Now, not so much :lol: It doesn't give it a proper tuck on most shirts I find.

For those trying to add to their boot collection I seen these Eastland Sherman's for about the lowest I've ever seen them in a few select sizes. I know these were a pretty popular boot in this thread once upon a time and with Fall right around the corner these might be a go for some folks.

Tempted to pull the trigger, but 6PM doesnt have free return shipping. :smh:

Anyone know if I can visit a J.Crew store to order something that's online-only so that I can use my 15% student discount?

Last edited:
Not the typical CM-type boots but I figure I'd post anyways.

15db6md.jpg

2mms3sk.jpg

t0nvbo.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know if I can visit a J.Crew store to order something that's online-only so that I can use my 15% student discount?
Yes. On Saturday, I had a sales associate order a few shirts for me that weren't available in the store. I was able to get them with the 25% off promotion they were running plus they stacked my 15% student discount on top.

Edit: Just have a product # for them to look up on their computer and they can order anything you wish.

Last edited:
For those trying to add to their boot collection I seen these Eastland Sherman's for about the lowest I've ever seen them in a few select sizes. I know these were a pretty popular boot in this thread once upon a time and with Fall right around the corner these might be a go for some folks.

Tempted to pull the trigger, but 6PM doesnt have free return shipping. :smh:

I'm not too familiar with the sizing on these either. I just went true to size and will hope for the best. If for whatever reason I have to ship them back I'll just eat the shipping charges. I figured at the current price it was well worth a try.

Sorry for the crazy post. Been super busy especially with starting this new job. Welp here we go:

Well on friday, not only did those shoes come in but my MTM Thick As Thieves suit came as well. The midsection is a tad big so I dropped it off at my tailor immediately. Picking up this saturday. Will post before and after when it comes back. (Everything else was spot on. Highly recommended)

Then the shoot in NY went great. Just like Serg said, we had a blast. I received some shots from the TSB team already, I really enjoyed how they came out. Hopefully they are up in a week or so.

Pre-shoot fit:

Post shoot fit:
[

Shoot was at MAB btw. Awesome spot. Got to meet Michael Andrews himself as well.

Then today was my first day at my new job. Culture is hella laxed. No one really in a suit but that's definitely not gonna stop me. I'm talking some dudes on my team rocking tees/jeans. I'm gonna make it a tad more casual tomorrow but don't get it twisted. Suits will appear at least twice a week haha. Here's what I wore:

Shoes by Carlin :lol:

Rocking an undercut?

:smokin

Any good spots out here in San Fran you recommend to shop at looking for some jean jackets n button ups :nerd:
Jean jackets are easy. Just go with Levi's. visit a Macy's.

Button ups....you mean dress shirts? How much you wanna spend?

nothing more than 150-200. Yeah like polo button ups for the fall

You should just hit Uniqlo for the buttonups. I'm assuming you mean you want to spend $150-$200 for a few of them together

Thinking about using that 50% F&F coupon at BR this weekend (thanks again, W!) on a new suit. Should come out to about $250-300 after discount for their Tailored Fit or Modern Slim Fit options. Anyone have experience with these?

I've tried on their Tailored Fit jackets in store and they seem to fit pretty well OTR, may need to have the sides taken in a bit. Haven't seen or tried on the Modern Slim Fit jacket yet.

Last edited:
Sorry for the crazy post. Been super busy especially with starting this new job. Welp here we go:

Well on friday, not only did those shoes come in but my MTM Thick As Thieves suit came as well. The midsection is a tad big so I dropped it off at my tailor immediately. Picking up this saturday. Will post before and after when it comes back. (Everything else was spot on. Highly recommended)

Then the shoot in NY went great. Just like Serg said, we had a blast. I received some shots from the TSB team already, I really enjoyed how they came out. Hopefully they are up in a week or so.

Pre-shoot fit:

Post shoot fit:
[

Shoot was at MAB btw. Awesome spot. Got to meet Michael Andrews himself as well.

Then today was my first day at my new job. Culture is hella laxed. No one really in a suit but that's definitely not gonna stop me. I'm talking some dudes on my team rocking tees/jeans. I'm gonna make it a tad more casual tomorrow but don't get it twisted. Suits will appear at least twice a week haha. Here's what I wore:

Shoes by Carlin
laugh.gif
Rocking an undercut?

smokin.gif
Navy joint is FIre

I like wearing suits but I would feel stupid wearing a suit to work and it would definitely draw unwanted attention. I'm one of the youngest employees at my organization and only branch/division/directorate/organization heads wear suits every day. I still want to get a navy and/or charcoal suit that I can wear every once in a while though.

Back
Top Bottom