Dressing Better Vol 2.0

For the LA guys: Epaulet in Santa Monica opens Saturday in case if you want to stop by and check out the goods. The bad news is that since they operate in CA now, tax will be implemented.

I never targeted anyone in this thread. A lot of the guys posting pictures in here have really nice fits but look very young. That is what prompted me to share my personal experience in regards to dressing in accordance with my company's culture. It's pretty obvious who took it personally and chose to play the victim themselves. I did not realize it was that touchy of a subject in here, my bad.

I never targeted anyone in this thread. A lot of the guys posting pictures in here have really nice fits but look very young. That is what prompted me to share my personal experience in regards to dressing in accordance with my company's culture. It's pretty obvious who took it personally and chose to play the victim themselves. I did not realize it was that touchy of a subject in here, my bad.

Can't say I'm too surprised, though.

What you wear is a form of expression, so anything other than a compliment can be a blow to the ego if taken that way.

GAP x New Designers collab this years sneak peak.

This is stupid though :lol:

Last year's first-ever collaboration between Gap and GQ's Best new Menswear Designers in America flew off the shelves in a nanosecond.

Could have sworn most went to at least 30% off sale a month or so after it's release.

Aviator Nation
"I've collected so much vintage gear over the years that I really know how to make things look authentic. That retro vibe is a big part of Aviator Nation's DNA, so for the Gap project that meant making sure washes and colors are perfect. Like the variation on the Aviator Nation logo on the hat—the stripes signify the sunset, and the blue is the ocean, and it had to be just right."—Paige Mycoskie

Ernest Alexander
"Our mission with every piece was to make it functional and refined but still fun. This backpack is a good example—it's made of quality waxed canvas, but it's not in a drab, boring color. It's a bright orange that really grabs your eye. It has details like cell-phone and wallet pockets. And those straps are high-end leather, not the cheap stuff."—Ernest Alexander Sabine

Baldwin
"I'm an outdoorsy guy, but I want clothes I can wear everywhere. Take the cardigan we did for Gap: The quality of knit feels really luxe, and it's tailored to be shorter and closer-fitting. It's just one of those cool pieces you can wear all the time, whether it's after a day on the mountain or in place of a blazer at dinner."—Matt Baldwin

Bespoken
"We're really into taking classic things and turning them on their heads so they have a grittier feel. The suede jacket is a mix between the Baracuta that every guy in England wears and an all-American baseball jacket. The stripe makes it less traditional, and that rhinoceros-skin color goes with anything."—Sammy Fayed

^ :lol: nothing flew off the shelves. They either over produced or the market simply wasn't there.

The new stuff looks no bueno.

I can totally respect where Hennessy is coming from...

Only thing ill add is that Adrian would wear a bespoke suit to flip burgers....that's been his MO for a while, so him defending himself or Wis stepping in for him or someone taking shots directly or indirectly has gotten very tired...I know you didn't target him Hennessy and to be fair you stated your opinion in a very proper manner bro...

I can totally respect where Hennessy is coming from...

Only thing ill add is that Adrian would wear a bespoke suit to flip burgers....that's been his MO for a while, so him defending himself or Wis stepping in for him or someone taking shots directly or indirectly has gotten very tired...I know you didn't target him Hennessy and to be fair you stated your opinion in a very proper manner bro...

I don't really think anyone was taking shots at anyone. And there is some good advice in there, however it may not be valid for every scenario and context, since they vary from industry to industry and from sector to sector.

People should try and dress better, but should acknowledge if this is a disadvantage. I've personally seen this, although dressing down is a mistake made on a much more common basis. :smh:

And as much as I love Oscar Wilde, his opinion may be arguable, but it's pretty much the only quote I actually use:
“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” :smokin

BEFORE BILL CUNNINGHAM: TWO UNDISCOVERED 19TH- AND 20TH-CENTURY STREET-STYLE PHOTOGRAPHERS
PREDATING DIGITAL CAMERAS AND THE STREET-STYLE BOOM BY MANY DECADES, JOHN THOMSON AND VIVIAN MAIER DOCUMENTED URBAN STREET FASHION.

I think the misconception is that we confuse "dressing better" with always wearing a suit and tie, as long as your fit is proper you can be well dressed in some khakis white shirt and DBs and I think that's what Hennessy was getting at

I work in the Defense Industry and there are over 2,000 employees at my company BTW. So it is a very hierarchical organization. I should have said that in my earlier posts.

BEFORE BILL CUNNINGHAM: TWO UNDISCOVERED 19TH- AND 20TH-CENTURY STREET-STYLE PHOTOGRAPHERS
PREDATING DIGITAL CAMERAS AND THE STREET-STYLE BOOM BY MANY DECADES, JOHN THOMSON AND VIVIAN MAIER DOCUMENTED URBAN STREET FASHION.

RFX in all caps. John in lower case. Computer cannot compute.

I think the misconception is that we confuse "dressing better" with always wearing a suit and tie, as long as your fit is proper you can be well dressed in some khakis white shirt and DBs and I think that's what Hennessy was getting at
That's what we've been saying all along since V1. It's about the proper fitment :lol: no sagging Levi's to show off the belt buckle.

ordered a uniqlo dry polo...quality and fit seemed decent for the price (12.99 on sale)

will see how it does tomorrow...supposed to be 87 in Bethesda tomorrow
sick.gif

Last edited:
ordered a uniqlo dry polo...quality and fit seemed decent for the price (12.99 on sale)

will see how it does tomorrow...supposed to be 87 in Bethesda tomorrow
sick.gif

You know any good tailors in the Bethesda area? My friend recommended me to J Pontes. I haven't been to him yet though.

Not sure if anyone already threw this up, but I stopped by my local Barnes & Noble today and saw NTDBer KSteezy in the current issue of GQ (RG3 Cover).

I have never posted in this thread, but I'm constantly lurking (and being educated). Props to Steezy for the look, and to the rest of you guys for all the info & insight. Eventually I'll have a 'fit worth posting here. Lol.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone already threw this up, but I stopped by my local Barnes & Noble today and saw NTDBer KSteezy in the current issue of GQ (RG3 Cover).

I have never posted in this thread, but I'm constantly lurking (and being educated). Props to Steezy for the look, and to the rest of you guys for all the info & insight. Eventually I'll have a 'fit worth posting here. Lol.

thanx bro and honestly dont be afraid to throw up a fit and participate, is great to see new blood in here...

or a suit with a t-shirt printed on........:nthat:
:wow: I need one
It's been a while ...

Full shot ... One of the few non-rainy days in Atlanta this summer (smh!!)
This guy just knows.

I get more dressed up in the cold weather but keep it business casual in the summer...style inspired by Angus Young. Slacks that zip off mid-thigh to convert to shorts, shirt, tie, blazer & newsboy cap and I'm good. White socks too, obviously.

No idea why that look hasn't caught on more. :\

Last edited:
You know any good tailors in the Bethesda area? My friend recommended me to J Pontes. I haven't been to him yet though.
maybe try Modern Tailor...havent used them but the shop is right near my office so ill walk by

havent heard of Pontes but I looked up his shop and seems to have good reviews...ill check him out for something simple since he is close to my office as well ... i found an old Le Tigre polo still in decent condition in my closet from when i wore my stuff larger shoulders/sleeves fit fine but is excess in length maybe he can do something with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom