Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Turning straight into slim is an easy fix that any tailor can do. I've turned 8.5 in leg opening to 7 in quite a few times.

Bros,

We all should take pics in suits and submit it so we can stitch it for a group pic :pimp:

Snipping the waist/thigh area and taking in the seat too though? Sometimes the whole cut feels off with them and tapering isn't the whole solution if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Snipping the waist/thigh area and taking in the seat too though? Sometimes the whole cut feels off with them and tapering isn't the whole solution if you know what I mean.

I've had my tailor take in the thigh area as well as taper my Alphas before. That being said, I'd be very interested in their new slim line.

Pic of my red alphas:

Is the slim line really new? I have a pair of alpha slims from a while ago. I have kinda big legs and the taper is perfect. In fact a little too tight...when i pull them up i can't clear my calf muscle without real pulling effort

Yes. It's called recutting. I've had this done to almost all my pants because Asians have no butts :lol:

Take in the crotch, the rear, taper thighs, sometimes add cuff if fabric allows.

If you download the Wrapp app on your phone and link it to your Facebook, you'll see on the homepage an offer to send a $10 H&M gift card to a friend, so you'll have to get a friend to send you one. They're doing a $10 promo right now, usually they do $6.

Strands came through today. With the mixed replies in what size to buy I ended up going true to size 10.5 D and weirdly both groups of people ended up being right. The shoes are 1/2 a size too long and are definitely narrow. Though going my regular size helps with the narrowness I'm a teeny bit concerned that them being too long may cause rubbing at the heel. Then again a size down could result in the shoe being too tight and killing my feet. Right now on a first wear they seem to feel fine. What do you guys advise?

What do all of you do with your leather sole shoes in the winter time when it's slushy out?

Also thoughts on this shirt at j crew? I remember there was a microdot movement for a little while.

@Nako XL, I have that J. Crew shirt & I love it. :smokin

Speaking of J. Crew, I need to shop for Vegas tonight... :rofl:

If you wear seconds off of carpet, they won't take em back anymore.

The 5 last is one of their most narrow ones. I'd ask for a label to swap back for a 10E perhaps and see from there.

What do all of you do with your leather sole shoes in the winter time when it's slushy out?

Also thoughts on this shirt at j crew? I remember there was a microdot movement for a little while.

Nice shoes

The shirt is nice. I love the microdot movement. I actually plan on getting a couple more before the trend is dead.

As far as the leather sole shoes (which is the reason I quoted you). My big money homies usually wear these rubber things that cover about 75% of the shoe especially the sole during the winter months.

I need the opposite though I'm gonna be in a place with alot of sand etc for a while and will need something to prevent sand from destroying my leather soles, I killed a pair of J&Ms in about 2 wears last time I was there.

Last edited:
My Jack Spade bag just came in today, sometime next week when my shoes come in I'll post all the pick ups that i got for my internship. I think I did pretty well but I'd like your guys' opinion as well.

id love to meet up but my schedule at the hospital is so erratic it makes having a social life difficult sometimes lol

Rocked Jordans for the first time in a long time as my own way to commemorate the 1000th page. Probably not "dressing better" relevant but I took a pic anyways. :lol:

I think you guys think I make a lot more than I really do..

And Rob, just quit your job and come talk menswear bro.

Last edited:
After checking out Suit Supply's fall/winter lineup, I put everything I wanted in the shopping cart and it came out to be $3400 :rofl:

Of course I did not buy, but damn man. Its going to be a lot of spending going on in the next few months :lol:

Back
Top Bottom