Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I actually like all the boiled hats Junya has this season.

That's like what I'm interested in but with a wider brim

FKs for me today.

Looks great! My pink flash Lunars have just been collecting dust. I should try something similar to that.

On a sidenote, does anyone live near a Uniqlo and care to do a proxy? Desperate for some oxfords.

Last edited:
Looks great! My pink flash Lunars have just been collecting dust. I should try something similar to that.

On a sidenote, does anyone live near a Uniqlo and care to do a proxy? Desperate for some oxfords.

Uniqlo sells online.

NYC meetup? I haven't been super active on here, but would be dope to meet some of you. I live in BK

Any suggestions for a site or brand to get a nice causal shirt? I've checked out the usual suspects (Jcrew, club monaco, nordstroms, barneys, epaulet, etc) but haven't found anything I love. I'm looking for something a little unusual/cool pattern so if you guys know of any less well-known quality companies I'd love to hear some suggestions. I love this shirt from Gant rugger but am hoping to find something a bit cheaper. I may end up with it though if I can't find anything else.

Is it ok if I do my whole damn wardrobe J Crew an call it a day? I stopped in tonight. Well at least for now. I'm mot looking to be a fashionista. I just like clean clothing that fits me. Idc about logos or none of that these days.

Is it ok if I do my whole damn wardrobe J Crew an call it a day? I stopped in tonight. Well at least for now. I'm mot looking to be a fashionista. I just like clean clothing that fits me. Idc about logos or none of that these days.
this is what makes j. crew special. a wide selection simple garments of quality at reasonable prices. stopped in for one item earlier this week and had to pry myself off of two sweaters. i'll be back though.
pimp.gif

Any suggestions for a site or brand to get a nice causal shirt? I've checked out the usual suspects (Jcrew, club monaco, nordstroms, barneys, epaulet, etc) but haven't found anything I love. I'm looking for something a little unusual/cool pattern so if you guys know of any less well-known quality companies I'd love to hear some suggestions. I love this shirt from Gant rugger but am hoping to find something a bit cheaper. I may end up with it though if I can't find anything else.
You Could try Band Of Outsiders, Gitman Vintage or Wolf VS Goat

Honestly bro most of my wardrobe is jcrew and I don't feel bad at all bout it. It's the easiest transition for me and their clothes fit me well. I literally couldn't go a week at this poi t without wearing something jcrew related.

this is what makes j. crew special. a wide selection simple garments of quality at reasonable prices. stopped in for one item earlier this week and had to pry myself off of two sweaters. i'll be back though. :pimp:
That's why I keep saying J. Crew is creating its own niche space. It's blowing other brands like BR out of the water and appeal to younger dudes that may not dig Brooks Bros.

If you see their catalogs, they use young gents that are entrepreneurs, film makers, accountants, etc to model their suits, basically young professionals.

Nothing is wrong at all. If you stay laced in J. Crew 24/7 then majority of the girls will still think you're super dapper. There's a J. Crew men store around me and I've seen dudes dropped several racks at once, basically redoing their wardrobe. They sell everything from suits to tux to workwear and basic essentials. More than enough to satisfy the average Joe.

Just make sure you at least get a student discount even if you're not a student anymore. Just show your id.

J. Crew would fit your style and build nicely, lurkin.

Last edited:
RE: J. Crew quality...it's nice, but it's obviously not top notch. Pieces won't last you for years, but it's good for what it is (just not at retail).

Today:

Neither are foams tho...lol
You're comparing apples to oranges.

It's given that you buy Nike retros and Jordans for the aesthetic point of view, not bang for your buck regarding performance.

Example:

I bought a cardigan from J. Crew last year for $100. It retailed for $200, and I got it for half off. I love it. The fit is great, and the material is nice enough. It was advertised as wool, but it's really not 100% wool. I've worn it for one full season and the sweater started to pill up already, where as my SNS Herning sweaters that are 2-3 years old are still going strong with no sign of wear at all. These SNS Herning sweaters can be had on sale for around what the J. Crew one retailed for.

The same goes for their shirts. The Thomas Mason shirts retail for almost $150, which is pretty laughable. You can pick the same Thomas Mason fabrics through mytailor.com and do MTM for about $120 a pop, and customize it to your liking, ie button down collar, spread, etc., hidden or shown placket. You're going to end up with an overall better shirt with real mother of pearl buttons used instead of a generic one with plastic buttons at a higher price.

I've spent thousands at J. Crew over the years, so it's not like I don't have experience with their stuff. Another concerning point is that it seems their retail prices seem to go up season after season.

Back
Top Bottom