Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Even the nicer pieces from last years collections went on sale for half the price or lower. I can't imagine this collection being something people need to line up for but I could be wrong

I think your jacket length is fine but the sleeves are definitely way too short. Is everything OTR? I think with your proportions you'll be relegated to the MTM route, which sucks if you're on a budget but at least you'll have something made just for you.

I got the sleeves lengthened as much as I could, nut much material left. But I can live with them at that length.

Pants have been hemmed and tapered. I don't want to taper them anymore than they already are and I could probably hem them again but I keep going back and forth on if I should or not. Some days I like it and other days I don't.

But naw, can't ruin my day. I landed an interview tomorrow for a systems auditing position in Nashville and another Information Security one here local
Congrats homie :smokin

I'm gunning for the leather, was gonna pick up a biker from express, one of the few things I like from express, but the one from that collection looks pretty dope

i just want the cheap suit
laugh.gif

my girl and i may go to the one at atlantic terminal in the am.

Are all the sweatpants online only? I don't want the camo ones, just the grey ones.

I think this collection will do much better than the NM collection because it's priced better.

A lot of practical items too.

Last edited:
Are all the sweatpants online only? I don't want the camo ones, just the grey ones.

I think this collection will do much better than the NM collection because it's priced better.

I want camo :nerd: :nerd: this sucks if they won't be in stores...im always between a medium and a large in pants....

Even the nicer pieces from last years collections went on sale for half the price or lower. I can't imagine this collection being something people need to line up for but I could be wrong

Thinking about it, there were several things wrong with the NMxTarget collab and that is why it failed miserably.

First and foremost, the multiple designers making a single items and not exactly being clear who made what was a killer for them. Doesn't help that they got designers making yoga mats and dog bowls, I mean who thought that was a good idea? Unlike the Missoni x Target collab, it was one solid designer at a great price and it sold out and women lined up for it, which brings me to point 2...

The price was simply too high for a regular Target shopper. Thom Browne blazer was $150 and that sounds like a bargain if you were shopping at NM, but nope, you are at Target so even if it goes on a 50% off sale at $75, the price is still a bit steep for the general Target consumer. I think more NM customers liked it more than Target customers.

Third, NM is kind of a niche brand/store. Yes they get some trendy items like camo and some sporty sneakers but what they are really known for are super expensive, make no sense items like those in their one-off items in their holiday catalogs. That just seems like the opposite of what Target is all about, which is bargain pricing.

Now the PL collab is also pricey but it is still one collection from one designer, who is well known. So it may still sit long enough for it to go on sale but there are also indications that it might also sell out, especially in some of the Targets in a rich parts of the neighborhoods. I could also see this as being similar to H&M x Margiela, H&M x Lanvin, etc... Some of the less desirable pieces sat but the ones that are nice enough at a decent price point flew off the shelves.

Yep,The charcoal sweatpants,charcoal henley,white high top sneakers,and black chelsea boots are online only

EDit: the camo sweats are available in store just the items mentioned above are online only...

Last edited:
I think your jacket length is fine but the sleeves are definitely way too short. Is everything OTR? I think with your proportions you'll be relegated to the MTM route, which sucks if you're on a budget but at least you'll have something made just for you.

I got the sleeves lengthened as much as I could, nut much material left. But I can live with them at that length.

Pants have been hemmed and tapered. I don't want to taper them anymore than they already are and I could probably hem them again but I keep going back and forth on if I should or not. Some days I like it and other days I don't.

But naw, can't ruin my day. I landed an interview tomorrow for a systems auditing position in Nashville and another Information Security one here local

What brand are the pants? Wasn't it you who posted a pic of pants with the same issue...different pair?

I think you need to look into different brands and fits. Not to pile on because I'm sure you get the point but those (and the previous pair I referenced) aren't at all flattering. If you've already had them tailored, maybe it's time to go to someone else?

Everyone's preferences differ but I think you could mostly definitely use a taper on them more than getting them hemmed, the problem may be the rise as well though, they look awkward there.

I've analyzed it and I think I should be pretty good at the Target in Riverdale which is the easiest one to get to via train for me

You never know. I'll go there in the morning ready to just buy my henley and get out. Mostly old people shop at target in the morning so no worries. Resell price should nice too
happy.gif

Last edited:
LOL, you boys are in a frenzy.

Menswear isn't Jordan releases.

I don't think this is as hyped as the H&M collabs, in which people actually camp out.

I fully expect to stroll in on Sunday, grab a frozen frap, and take my time trying on pieces.

.........I hope

Last edited:
Where does it say that it is online only?

Check the Lucky magazine preview with the prices..It says items marked with 2 asterisks are Target.com exclusives....

That sucks, other than the leather jacket, the white sneakers was actually one thing I was looking forward to the most.

I do think the women stuff would sell out faster though, my guess is men that frequents Target are more thrifty than women.

Last edited:
That sucks, other than the leather jacket, the white sneakers was actually one thing I was looking forward to the most.

I do think more women stuff would sell out faster though, my guess is men that frequents Target are more thrifty than women.
THANKS DAT MEANS I AINT GOTTA GO TO TARGET IN DA MORNING !!!!. But issue is when do you think they will release online?

LOL, you boys are in a frenzy.

Menswear isn't Jordan releases.

I don't think this is as hyped as the H&M collabs, in which people actually camp out.

I fully expect to stroll in on Sunday, grab a frozen frap, and take my time trying on pieces.

.........I hope

Good luck with that. I made it right at opening to get my Odin desert boots, and they only had 6 pairs in. I grabbed the only size 10 and 11 to try on. The 10 fit better, so I put the 11 back and rolled out.

I'm not sure how they do distribution, but it's definitely NOT equal.

Don't know if it has been posted but how can you find out if a Target near you will have the PL collection?

Don't know if it has been posted but how can you find out if a Target near you will have the PL collection?
Call your local target  man.... its super easy

http://racked.com/archives/2013/09/...1-phillip-lim-x-target-collab-this-sunday.php

Or just learn from the past: Former designer collections tend to land online between midnight and 3:00am, obviously well before Target's doors open around 8:00am. Diehards will be waiting by about 3:00am. Decide now if you're a diehard.

Last edited:

I do think the women stuff would sell out faster though, my guess is men that frequents Target are more thrifty than women.

It does...I noticed a few people expressing interest in the henley and the charcoal sweats and nobody had mentioned the online only aspect and I didn't want a bunch of DB bros wasting their time if that's all they were looking for....

Last edited:
I need some thoughts. It's more of a what would you buy sort of thing.

Looking for brown leather sneakers that look classy that you can still wear with button downs and khakis, no chunky looking dunks more of the classic low cut track shoe say like the shape of nike Cortez.

Back
Top Bottom