Dressing Better Vol 2.0

anyone know where I can get a down wool vest at?

similar to this
Info on vest like these?

and this nas polo?

3dec4604f96c11e2a38422000a1f96a9_7.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it's part of his new line HSTRY? I haven't seen any polos but the colors match the color scheme of everything else I've seen

Nii, that suit is absolutely fantastic. First time in awhile that I've seen a DB that looked slimming. Bravo

http://slumflower.com/

Street Etiquette's "Slumflower" and Cultural "Otherness" In Clothing

Josh Kissi and Travis Gumbs, the two Bronxites behind Street Etiquette, have raised the bar with their latest editorial, titled Slumflower. It seems with each new project they take on, there's a distinctly black perspective that addresses cultural "otherness" while at the same time highlighting the connotations of being a well-dressed minority. In Black Ivy, the prep look wasn't merely appropriated, it was redefined for a new generation. It celebrated tweed sportcoats, bowties, and repp stripe neckwear as attractive pieces of clothing, rather than symbols of old money tradition and hegemony.

Its spiritual successor, Crowned, served as a visually-empowering love letter to avant-garde African-American hairstyles. In the photographic landscape of stylish men, there are countless side parts and coiffs from the likes of Ryan Gosling and Don Draper that simply wouldn't work on afro-textured hair. Acknowledging men like Peter Tosh and Jean-Michel Basquiat as inspirations, it encouraged everyone who viewed it to have a more heuristic approach to their grooming habits.

Slumflower is a short film that's still in progress, but shares its name with a complementary 79-slide editorial featuring 17 men and one 10-year-old boy (Jerimiah Nuamah), all dressed in Suitsupply. Shot by Rog Walker, park benches, graffitied walls, and plenty of concrete set this squarely in an urban jungle as they all go about their day in the "Middle of Nowhere, New York." As they peruse the New York Daily News and play games of pick-up basketball on a battered rim, the tailored suits juxtaposed with urban decay suggests that even in the inner-city, real style flourishes. And perhaps--if Gumbs and Kissi hailed from the same borough as Spike Lee instead of The Bronx--it could have alternately been called "Steez Grows in Brooklyn."

Made in collaboration with iPhone app VSCO Cam, Street Etiquette partnered with the app on a series of filters that mirror the moodiness of their photographs, available as a free, in-app download. There's also a limited-edition 98-page print version of Slumflower available for $35. All proceeds will benefit production of the short film.

Last edited:
LOOOOL, man let's wish each other good luck on Sunday and move on. :lol: :lol:

The anxiety is on 100% in here.
That's why I'm going to be in my workout gear. If its a mad dash, I'm sprinting to the selections. No care will be given to any potential women and children getting trampled.

Is the hype getting you? Earlier you said you would go to the gym if there is a line, now you're willing to "trample" women and children.

Is the hype getting you? Earlier you said you would go to the gym if there is a line, now you're willing to "trample" women and children.
Actually in line now. Taking the day off from work tomorrow.

Seriously though: I mess with the dudes in here a lot with my idiotic comments at times. So yeah.

Last edited:
Actually in line now. Taking the day off from work tomorrow.

Man...I'm jealous. Wish I could be at my local Target, they're carrying the online only items too.

BTW, just signed up for the internet but thanks to everyone that called for me.

Last edited:
Man...I'm jealous. Wish I could be at my local Target, they're carrying the online only items too.

LOL wait cats lining up now for a Sunday release? Am I missing something?

It's fun, I've got a tent and I'm wearing my coolest kicks. All the MILFs are staring HARD.

BTW, just signed up for the internet but thanks to everyone that called for me.
Is your email [email protected]?

Will AIM you :pimp:

What's AIM? And how did you know my e-mail? Just call my beeper.

But seriously...check out these Jordan Lunargrands I just got:

Last edited:

LOL wait cats lining up now for a Sunday release? Am I missing something?
Day 5 now. Running out of food and water but my place in line is secure. Target cafe should keep me content for a few more days. Tent appears to be deterioting. No matter.

^pretty baller, bro. Paid someone $300 to line up so you can cop $30 items :pimp:
You guys are doing it wrong. I'm holding a raffle to give people a chance to pay me $100 a pop to use my wifi to cop the online exclusives.

Back
Top Bottom