Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Forgot the Foambz doe.
laugh.gif
but yeah this is a very solid list for essential basics, though personally I like light blue dress shirts more than plain white but both are staples.
I actually forgot foams. I personally think foams are perfect for casual wear(I stick to the classics or a couple of 07 releases)

A gentleman would never be caught in public wearing sweats :lol:

"Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought sweatpants". - karl lagerfeld

For the record, I like sweatpants. Wearing some right now because I went to the bank and bought breakfast. Could never deny myself the comfort of sweatpants. Wish I could wear them to happy hour later.

Last edited:
"Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought sweatpants". - karl lagerfeld

For the record, I like sweatpants. Wearing some right now because I went to the bank and bought breakfast. Could never deny myself the comfort of sweatpants. Wish I could wear them to happy hour later.
I wore my pair this morning with some frees and I was comfortable. Its good for casual runs and always will be.

This would be my essentials list. Mind you that I'm listing down the basics I believe should be your foundations when building a better wardrobe going from casual to formal. I feel that a lot of these can be mixed and matched and can build plenty of outfits. The white sneakers should be as simple as jack purcells, stan smith's, etc. along those lines. For grey sneakers I would choose a runner style. Of course the fit and quality of the item should be the most important factors. Feel free to add on to anything else I missed, I excluded socks and underwear because those are automatics as essentials.

white v-neck undershirts

white dress shirt
white or blue oxford cloth button down
blue gingham shirt
blue chambray shirt

tan chino pants
navy chino pants
dark denim jeans

navy suit
charcoal grey suit
navy tie
navy knit tie
dark red tie

navy blazer
navy or charcoal peacoat
denim jacket
grey hoody

black dress shoes
brown dress shoes
brown desert boots
white sneakers
grey sneakers

This would be my essentials list. Mind you that I'm listing down the basics I believe should be your foundations when building a better wardrobe going from casual to formal. I feel that a lot of these can be mixed and matched and can build plenty of outfits. The white sneakers should be as simple as jack purcells, stan smith's, etc. along those lines. For grey sneakers I would choose a runner style. Of course the fit and quality of the item should be the most important factors. Feel free to add on to anything else I missed, I excluded socks and underwear because those are automatics as essentials.

white v-neck undershirts

white dress shirt
white or blue oxford cloth button down
blue gingham shirt
blue chambray shirt

tan chino pants
navy chino pants
dark denim jeans

navy suit
charcoal grey suit
navy tie
navy knit tie
dark red tie

navy blazer
navy or charcoal peacoat
denim jacket
grey hoody

black dress shoes
brown dress shoes
brown desert boots
white sneakers
grey sneakers
I like your list. Basic to the core. Things that will forever be relevant

The minimum for the Secret Santa is $50.

Please keep in mind that this is what we did last year. If you are not interested or choose not to spend that amount we are perfectly fine not having you participate. I think the Regular NT Secret Santa is starting soon as well.

Please keep in mind that this is what we did last year. If you are not interested or choose not to spend that amount we are perfectly fine not having you participate. I think the Regular NT Secret Santa is starting soon as well.
is it 50 for 1 item or the total for the gift given? Like say I want to give multiple items that total 50 dollars?

THIS. I know that in some cases I may exceed the $50.

is it 50 for 1 item or the total for the gift given? Like say I want to give multiple items that total 50 dollars?
$50 in total. Last year I bought socks, slacks, and a few other things.

Those are pretty casual. I have the tan pair. You could def wear with chinos and a blazer, but I would not go beyond that, as far as a suit or anything.
Thanks Wes!

I agree with you Bama. S/O to AE. I ordered these yesterday. They arrived this morning!

Broski if you are concerned about the limit, you can always join the regular NT secret Santa, we all have pretty decent jobs here for the most part and anything less than a 50$ minimum would be quite ridiculous for the type of clothes we go for in here...an Oxford shirt alone is like 40$ is a smaller, safer secret Santa, I've been burned a couple of times through te regular NT SS so I stick to this one and don't mind spending 50$ + at all.

Btw on DB'ing with foams....HELL NO, the aesthetics of foamposites just don't go with much other than a tee shirt, even the classics like the royals, the cut of basketball kicks just don't go we'll with tapered jeans/chinos...I held on as long as I could to my foams, but I ended up selling, every time I tried to wear them I took them off and threw on a pair of runners, foams are far too deep in the casual spectrum to even attempt to dress them up....

Does anyone use magnetic collar stays? I saw Serg mention them a few pages back and was just curious if they're worth it and how often you lose the smaller magnet?

Who gives someone a used item as a gift?

I'd take a one of A's thrift finds with pleasure...lol

I wouldn't mind receiving a used item as long as it doest look like something that was picked out the garbage can, but say Wis gets me and sends me his ToJ, I wouldn't complaint at alllll

If some of you are looking for accessories I would suggest Etsy. My girlfirend showed me the site, they have a lot of great handmade things that you wouldnt find on ebay. They are usually cheap as well both of these bags were under 100$.

Back
Top Bottom