Dressing Better Vol 2.0

We were speaking on collar stays, did my laundry yesterday and accidentally left them in my shirt :smh: :smh: now I've only got 1 :lol: gonna have to pick up another set tomorrow at the Rack

I went ahead and ordered off brand ones just to try them since they were so much cheaper and came as a variety of sizes. Here are the stays and magnets:
Amazon product ASIN B00DEZS24E
Amazon product ASIN B001KUWM3C
I'll let you guys know how they are, should be here Monday.

We were speaking on collar stays, did my laundry yesterday and accidentally left them in my shirt :smh: :smh: now I've only got 1 :lol: gonna have to pick up another set tomorrow at the Rack

I went ahead and ordered off brand ones just to try them since they were so much cheaper and came as a variety of sizes. Here are the stays and magnets:
Amazon product ASIN B00DEZS24E
Amazon product ASIN B001KUWM3C
I'll let you guys know how they are, should be here Monday.

Yeah I forgot to mention that, I've seen people comment on amazon and stuff about making their own, I'm sure they work just as well

:frown:  Was hoping for an alternative that might cost a little less. Anybody know if that's the Burnished Walnut color?
I have the Daltons as well, but in the past I had a pair of Asos brogue boots. They are pretty good quality especially for the price and I always got compliments on them. They served their purpose and when I was done with them I sold them on ebay for $65. But if you want a pair for long term I'd just chump up the money and buy the Daltons when they go back on sale for $199

Last edited:
Trust me buy the Daltons they are well worth the price... That 200 price tag was unbelievable

I want that Bourbon pair that A has those things are probably crazy in person.

Pinoy- Break me off with one of them bags before I pull the trigger on this JCrew weekender, :lol:

Thrifting in LA sucks, :smh:

Speaking of Weekender,

Can you guys offer suggestions on versatile, inexpensive watches? Something low key, the only style that comes to mind is a Timex Weekender.

Wrists are out here lookin naked in these streets.....

The funny thing is when I told my cousin who isn't on his 'dressing better' tip I bought a pair of AE boots for 200 and it was a steal he looked at me like I was crazy. Then I opened the box and wore them to a family function and he been hawking me for em ever since.

I've had so many people come at me and tell me that my wing tip shoes look like cowboy boots before. Yo, B...check your own damb feet doe :lol:
FOH

I have a pair of brogue joints from ALDO's Mr. B collection last year and I gotta admit that when I wore them this week after having worn my Daltons I did feel that they were kinda BULKY. Nothing like a cowboy book but def not a clean as a regular dress shoe.

Could be the combat sole tho

Speaking of Weekender,

Can you guys offer suggestions on versatile, inexpensive watches? Something low key, the only style that comes to mind is a Timex Weekender.

Wrists are out here lookin naked in these streets.....

INVICTA can be found for good prices.

I really like this one.

I really do want a pair of Daltons, but I just don't know when the Hell I'd ever wear them. The only time I've worn nice dress shoes and boots have been for job interviews and a wedding or two. Definitely not gonna wear something nice like that to the club/bar hopping, Aldo gets the job done there. Feels bad to have $350+ shoes and wear them once or twice a year. I usually just wear Lanvins or Jack Purcells on a daily basis cause my work environment is fairly casual.

they just look so good though

Last edited:
My watch is an invicta. I mess with it and get compliments on it from time to time.

I'm nowhere near as fresh as you guys though I just lurk and take notes

If anyone wants a Weekender, I have one just sitting in my drawer. Pay for shipping and it's yours.

And jeez, those Invictas look huge, but I like my watches around 40mm:

Last edited:
I've been wanting an IWC since I was a freshman. Have a choice of getting a house remodeled (if I'm sticking around town) or a watch as a graduation gift lol

Back
Top Bottom