Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I carry a camera once a month, maybe twice. I suck at taking pics and lighting and ish, I need all the help I could take and the S95 is perfect for that and it's pretty small and just put it in my back pocket when walking. I can easily remove it when sitting down.

But carrying stuff for work is different, I don't bring my camera for it and I have a designated bag for laptops/ipad, files, etc... I thought the discussion was for casual days?
Text me, bro. We can wear matching Lanvin cap toes :pimp:

But with how smartphone cams are these days, I'm surprised the two of you even carry around P&S cams.

I carry a camera once a month, maybe twice. I suck at taking pics and lighting and ish, I need all the help I could take and the S95 is perfect for that and it's pretty small and just put it in my back pocket when walking. I can easily remove it when sitting down.

But carrying stuff for work is different, I don't bring my camera for it and I have a designated bag for laptops/ipad, files, etc... I thought the discussion was for casual days?

Exactly. I was under that assumption too.

If I'm carrying stuff to work, not having a bag would be impossible.

Review of the tailor about 5-10 minutes from my house:
I have had four suits adjusted by John and he is currently working on two more. He is an excellent tailor. He takes time to note every detail and points out areas that he feels should be worked on, unlike some tailors who won't point anything out and try to do the bare minimum to just get the job done and get paid. All of the suits John has adjusted for me so far fit perfectly and look great.

His quality of workmanship is outstanding; when you get your suit back it will look and feel like it was custom made for you. Literally every detail is attended to; inside and out your suit will look like it did off the rack. That means no shoddy stitching or asymmetrical work, no hastily rushed seams or or hems that will weaken in a short period of time, everything will be 100% masterfully done.

Having said all that, be advised that you get what you pay for, and John is not a cheap tailor. Each of my suits cost $145 to adjust (except one which was $130 because the pants only needed to be hemmed, no waist or seat adjustments.) If you want to get your suits tailored economically, you can get it done cheaper elsewhere, but if you want a perfect fit and high-quality workmanship, you are going to have to pay for it.

In my opinion John is on par with the custom tailors in Manhattan.
I've read about three reviews and each one says he's one of the best tailors in New York but charges as much as $60 for a hem (my old tailor in mid-town Manhattan charged just as much but did amazing work) and seems to be easily distracted by La Liga football and ignore customers.

I can't decide yet if I'm willing to pau $100 for jacket work or if it's too much for a suburban tailor.

Last edited:
a day late to this. Maybe also post the challenge in the Facebook group? Still haven te received that whatsapp envo

I've read about three reviews and each one says he's one of the best tailors in New York but charges as much as $60 for a hem (my old tailor in mid-town Manhattan charged just as much but did amazing work) and seems to be easily distracted by La Liga football and ignore customers.

I can't decide yet if I'm willing to pau $100 for jacket work or if it's too much for a suburban tailor.

If you are in NYC take it to The Tailoring Room. Franklin; the owner, will give you what you want and without charging you an arm or a leg.

:rofl: at the deal wit it shades

I've been searching for this bomber everywhere for a decent price. I'm not willing to pay that $692 price tag from JE for it :lol: . Anyone know any spots with a similar bomber?

If you are in NYC take it to The Tailoring Room. Franklin; the owner, will give you what you want and without charging you an arm or a leg.
Thanks! I'll check them out.

Meeting up with on of the homies on here on Saturday to hit up my tailor. Any other NJ cats trying to link at some point?

My Vietnamese tailor charges dirt cheap prices for really good tailoring jobs. She does everything exactly to my specifications. $8 hems, $6 tapers, etc. Got an entire suit altered for $50. She gets everything done in a couple days too :pimp: I'm always surprised at how some people are spending close to $100 tailoring one pair of pants or something. I would rather just buy a more expensive, better fitting item

The one thing I miss about being back home now that I'm down in the dmv....my mom has been going to this same dry cleaning spot since I was a kid, middle aged Greek woman, shes a cleaners but her work on tapering pants, taking in jackets etc is ON POINT...best part is since we always go (mom, dad, myself) we get deep discounts so I took 3 pairs of pants back to her last time I was home for a weekend and it only cost me $27 :smokin (that was taper, and hem) I really need to find one down here though, do you guys use Yelp to seek out tailors in a new city/town?

:wow: :rofl: :rofl: @ the Shades :lol: :smokin

Jason, sorry if you mentioned it earlier but how much was that Jack Spade briefcase? Really digging it

Last edited:
i admire the business style of Bermuda. i visited Hamilton many years ago and thought they looked funny but i kind of like it now...

Last edited:
i like the look of shorts knee high socks a blazer and tie better than wearing jeans and sport coat/blazer.

after thinking about tho, i dont think i can compare the looks because the shorts/jacket combo is Bermuda's version of being dressed up while the jeans'blazer combo is a business casual style here.

Last edited:
I got mine from prodirectsports or whatever for like $88 shipped. Hopefully my order gets filled though. Also got the navy multi Flyknit Lunars for 25% off. Swore to myself I was done with the Lunars but these are too :smokin I just need the heather grey tech Windrunner or hoody and my Sunday outfit for F/W is complete.

Back
Top Bottom