Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Roshes
pimp.gif

But whats your budget. If I had teh money I'd get a pair of Lanvins or MMM GATs.
About what I used to spend on Jay's, those MMM are looking nice, thanks.

what sneakers are you guys rocking, don't like Jack Purcells and don't really have an idea of other style of casual sneakers. 

Yep. I also have margiela and Lanvin for more casual joints though.

If on budget look at Adidas Samba.

SNS isn't 250? :lol:
Retail is around $250 to $400 I think, depending on the style.

If you're lucky then you can get them on sale at $150 but good sizes are gone by then usually.

TSB has really become really commercial. He does this for a living now so he has to feature products that he wouldn't normally endorse. He also has to feed the hypebeast that buys some of these trendy items. I knew once he moved to LA he would switch things up a tad. Menswear does not live in LA and it never will. Dan will end up hosting a web series, maybe acting, maybe styling.

TSB has really become really commercial. He does this for a living now so he has to feature products that he wouldn't normally endorse. He also has to feed the hypebeast that buys some of these trendy items. I knew once he moved to LA he would switch things up a tad. Menswear does not live in LA and it never will. Dan will end up hosting a web series, maybe acting, maybe styling.

Yeah he essentially said the same thing.

In NYC, I’m more likely to wear a polo and khakis like this.

Out in LA things are more casual and laidback, which makes funky design details somehow easier to pull-off.

His blog has always leaned more towards the trendy side of menswear to me

Yep. It's funny because we were talking about this. The owner of Epaulet is probably the only guy in Santa Monica in menswear daily. We were going to set up a date for the dudes to flood Montana Ave with suits and take pics :lol:

The Bay is even more casual though. Lawyers are in t shirts with the suit printed on.

:lol:. How exactly are margiela and lanvin sneakers more casual than foams
Casual as in low key and not too bulky.

I think its funny how we expect changes in things we like, but never want them to go commercial. Its like Rap music. We like the struggle in our favorite artist's voice. And we know he wants to get out of the hood, but when he goes commercial (getting money), we get frustrated. LOL

I sometime look at the old post from TSB. Just like Jay-Z, you want my old stuff, buy my old albums. So I listen to the Blueprint.

I think its funny how we expect changes in things we like, but never want them to go commercial. Its like Rap music. We like the struggle in our favorite artist's voice. And we know he wants to get out of the hood, but when he goes commercial (getting money), we get frustrated. LOL

I sometime look at the old post from TSB. Just like Jay-Z, you want my old stuff, buy my old albums. So I listen to the Blueprint.
Yep on an NT parallel look what happened with Wale. He was trying to blow up so we helped put his stuff out there. He blew up. We got mad that he doesn't rep us anymore and cats won't ***k with him now. But then again what's the first rule of NT again? :rolleyes
Catch 22 my friends

I think the reason most of NT slanders Wale so much is just to get a response out of him. Dude is super sensitive on Twitter. Argues with teenagers once a week seems like

I think the reason most of NT slanders Wale so much is just to get a response out of him. Dude is super sensitive on Twitter. Argues with teenagers once a week seems like
Don't do the twitter thing but I can definitely see that :rolleyes

Lol honestly I don't mess with him anymore either. Ever since he joined up with MMG he's changed up hard. Too "Rich Forever" now. Easy pass.
Meek cool doe :nerd:

I guess I was gone during the whole Wale thing. Can someone catch me up to speed please?

Dressing Better 2.0, homecoming is next weekend and im paying 50 :smile:{) for my ticket. Planning on wearing some pink for breast cancer awareness, but I need help with wardrobe. My idea was pink dress shirt, khaki slacks, and black dress shoes. We have a "theme" but no one at my school cares to even consider it, except for the cornballs that go all out for spirit week. I call on you my NT brethren to help me!

I guess I was gone during the whole Wale thing. Can someone catch me up to speed please?

Pretty much what's been said already... Wale was a NT'er who used to post quite a bit and used NT and it's members to spread his music. When his name got out there he never really rep'd NT and a lot of people hated him for it.

MEEK RAPS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude is always yelling :lol:

That was before I joined NT but I do remember he mentioned NT on a couple mixtapes. But like I said I don't think too many people genuinely dislike the guy, it's just entertaining seeing his response to things. There's a video of him confronting some NT cats in Florida I believe

Dressing Better 2.0, homecoming is next weekend and im paying 50 :smile:{) for my ticket. Planning on wearing some pink for breast cancer awareness, but I need help with wardrobe. My idea was pink dress shirt, khaki slacks, and black dress shoes. We have a "theme" but no one at my school cares to even consider it, except for the cornballs that go all out for spirit week. I call on you my NT brethren to help me!

I'd go with brown shoes instead of black. But what exactly do you need help with? pink shirt, khaki chinos, and brown lace ups sounds like a solid outfit to me.

Last edited:

What kind of pink though. Being that it's fall I'd go w/ a more oxford style of pink, not too bold, not too dull. Also, what is the dress code, casual, business casual, formal, etc? If it's casual, ditch the shoes and get a nice boot or casual shoe w/ some khaki, tan, or sand colored pants, no slacks. I'm not the most fashionable dude in the world but I like to dress decent and comfortable.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just scooped these from Burlington for $60

been likin this style more and more. Wanna get a brown pair and I'll be good.

What kind of pink though. Being that it's fall I'd go w/ a more oxford style of pink, not too bold, not too dull. Also, what is the dress code, casual, business casual, formal, etc? If it's casual, ditch the shoes and get a nice boot or casual shoe w/ some khaki, tan, or sand colored pants, no slacks. I'm not the most fashionable dude in the world but I like to dress decent and comfortable.
Theme is 1920's.... But I looked into the oxford pink style, and it definitely is what I have in mind. It's not that bright, but not that dull like you said. Brown shoes sound preferred though.

I don't think too many men were wearing pink in the 20s lol. But what's your budget fam; on the shirt, pants and shoes? I don't feel like studying right now so I'll look around for you

I don't think too many men were wearing pink in the 20s lol. But what's your budget fam; on the shirt, pants and shoes? I don't feel like studying right now so I'll look around for you
No one at the school is following the theme :rofl: But my limit is 50, since it's out of my pocket. But my parents can most likely spot me 20 added on. So 70?

70 for everything? Including the shoes?

If it's just shirt and pants that's def doable. Uniqlo and H&M would be the first places I look. Mainly Uniqlo, they're quality is better than H&M imo and prices tend to be lower in most cases.

Back
Top Bottom