Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Picked these Antonio Maurizi's up for $40.. I thought that was a good deal considering the retail is $650. Still have nothing to wear with them tho.

You can wear them with a slim white tee and dark indigo jeans. Simple outfit that gets the job done.

slim? lol.. I'm in the gym.. I've gained 25lbs since May. 
ohwell.gif

They on ice for the time being.

slim? lol.. I'm in the gym.. I've gained 25lbs since May. :\

They on ice for the time being.
25 lbs isn't as bad as it seems. You'll be good by summer if you stay dedicated. Spring train in the winter, around early December :pimp: (I think that's how it goes :lol: )

There was a pop up Gilt outlet in my town for a month. Everything was marked down and over the span of a month each week they went from an extra 50-90% off.

I don't think belts are a good look at all. I mean, if you're taking your pants in to the tailor, the waist should fit very well afterwards.

IMO, a belt adds unnecessary bulk.

people still use belts?
side adjusters>
Variety is the spice of life, friend. I love all. Belts, braces, and side adjusters.

I don't think belts are a good look at all. I mean, if you're taking your pants in to the tailor, the waist should fit very well afterwards.

A belt can look great with proper trousers though. It shouldn't be needed to hold your pants up as you stated.

Like I stated before, your taste fluctuates. A year or so back, most of my outfits were worn belt-less, even with suits. Now I'm the opposite.

How do you see the fit??

Zara jeans and shoes and thrift store jacket (30 pesos, like 2 dollars), didn't made any alterations to the jacket, has some prior lazy adjustments but I feel it fits extremely well. It also helps I lost 10lb since that photo...

How do you see the fit??

Zara jeans and shoes and thrift store jacket (30 pesos, like 2 dollars), didn't made any alterations to the jacket, has some prior lazy adjustments but I feel it fits extremely well. It also helps I lost 10lb since that photo...
Welcome! Everything has a classic fit, which is loose. It looks like you can go down on the blazer and jean for a more flattering fit, friend.

Welcome! Everything has a classic fit, which is loose. It looks like you can go down on the blazer and jean for a more flattering fit, friend.

Thanx. Pants definitely can go a size down and a little more hem, when I stop loosing weight I will alter them properly. I got that bulky "I was a big dude" leg problem, if I go a waist size down my quads don't fit on jeans, especially on slim fits :\

I definitely check on you guys often, trying to step my dressing game up! :smokin

Thanx. Pants definitely can go a size down and a little more hem, when I stop loosing weight I will alter them properly. I got that bulky "I was a big dude" leg problem, if I go a waist size down my quads don't fit on jeans, especially on slim fits :\

I definitely check on you guys often, trying to step my dressing game up! :smokin
Good luck on your journey of weight lost, bro. Being in a good shape is more important than any and all clothing.

people still use belts?
side adjusters>
Variety is the spice of life, friend. I love all. Belts, braces, and side adjusters.

A belt can look great with proper trousers though. It shouldn't be needed to hold your pants up as you stated.

Like I stated before, your taste fluctuates. A year or so back, most of my outfits were worn belt-less, even with suits. Now I'm the opposite.

speaking of belts..do i have to get the walnut AE belt to match it or do y'all just usually get something close?

speaking of belts..do i have to get the walnut AE belt to match it or do y'all just usually get something close?
I have yet to buy an expensive belt. The most I paid was like $80. As long as the shade is close enough it's ok with me.

If you go beltless, do you have pants with no belt loops? I think it looks a littl off to wear pants with nothing through the belt loops, but then have braces.

If you go beltless, do you have pants with no belt loops? I think it looks a littl off to wear pants with nothing through the belt loops, but then have braces.
That's why the gent above said he rolls with side tabs. They're placed in lieu of loops.

It depends on your style. I don't see how going belt less with belt loops much different than wearing an invisible tie (buttoning all buttons with no neck wear).

I'm actually wearing the walnut AE belt with my walnut strands right now. It's a really nice belt and the color matches perfectly. I like my J Crew belts better though because they are thinner and the buckle is smaller. AE belt is kinda brolic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom