Dressing Better Vol 2.0

might finally pull the trigger on polo ranger boots.....$100 after discount.

anyone have experience with fit? Heard they run big. I'm a 10 in clarks dessert boots but they are snug on me

might finally pull the trigger on polo ranger boots.....$100 after discount.

anyone have experience with fit? Heard they run big. I'm a 10 in clarks dessert boots but they are snug on me

I have Clark's DBs in 11.5 and Polo Rangers in 11.5. Both have a little room for thicker socks but you should be ok with getting the same size. Maybe size up .5 if your Clark's are snug since my DBs actually have a little room.

Brand logos like an LV belt with a suit are tacky. Plus those are casual wide belts. How do you wear those with a suit?

Recent pickups... news boy hats from RL

and some LL Bean Duck boots... love these things

excuse all my pics that sometimes might look like ads... I try to find reasons to use my camera and show how items look, website pics are usually pretty horrible

Jcrew news boy

Not sure how one can assume someone is a douchebag by their belt buckle. We judge people for anything nowadays.
In many cases wearing something like a Gucci or Louis belt is to show off money, specifically if they sag their pants to show off the buckle.

It's not that far fetched to assume people are douchebags for doing so.

In many cases wearing something like a Gucci or Louis belt is to show off money, specifically if they sag their pants to show off the buckle.
It's not that far fetched to assume people are douchebags for doing so.

Bingo. And in most cases, if you're trying to show that you have money, you probably don't have any.

Bingo. And in most cases, if you're trying to show that you have money, you probably don't have any.
In most cases yes. Depends on how you carry yourself. I could definitely be described as such but I've never been called out on it because I don't have the stereotypical matching attitude.

I have designer belts that I wear with dress clothes at the club. If that makes me a douchebag, I don't care at all, cause the women love it. Don't hate on something because you can't pull it off. If you're Asian and Southern European like me, it's in our blood to be flashy anyway. Leave that conservative crap for 60 year old country club members

Last edited:
I think that is somewhat where the problem lies, we judge way too much and this isn't a blast on anyone, I am guilty of it too.

Just like when Adrian was going to school with a blazer and people kept saying he was trying to damn hard, we really can't judge him from just that pic alone. He simply liked to dress that way and it was so easy and simple so he wasn't trying hard or showing off at all.

I think we really just got to relax with the judgments, we can't just assume dude who wears an LV belt is a douche.

Just as an example flyknitlvr, you got a Rolex Submariner a few months ago, there is nothing that says "I just made it" than a Rolex watch. This is the stereotypical corporate thinking and is something that is hard to deny but we know you just love the watch but you will also be judged by other who thinks you are just showing off your new found wealth. Not a fair judgement but it happens so at the end of the day, it'll be much better if we can try and not do it ourselves.

:pimp: at the duck boots.

I agree. Seeing those pictures make me want to round up the locals for a shoot.

Dbnt unite!

I think that is somewhat where the problem lies, we judge way too much and this isn't a blast on anyone, I am guilty of it too.

Just like when Adrian was going to school with a blazer and people kept saying he was trying to damn hard, we really can't judge him from just that pic alone. He simply liked to dress that way and it was so easy and simple so he wasn't trying hard or showing off at all.

I think we really just got to relax with the judgments, we can't just assume dude who wears an LV belt is a douche.

Just as an example flyknitlvr, you got a Rolex Submariner a few months ago, there is nothing that says "I just made it" than a Rolex watch. This is the stereotypical corporate thinking and is something that is hard to deny but we know you just love the watch but you will also be judged by other who thinks you are just showing off your new found wealth. Not a fair judgement but it happens so at the end of the day, it'll be much better if we can try and not do it ourselves.
RFX is getting his writing on lately. :pimp: APA format over MLA :pimp:

I never looked at duck boots a causal option. always reminded me of elementary school.

With that said, they look very dope right there. i might need me a pair.

Well besides function because they are amazing in cold weather in snow (i read so many testimonials on) I noticed on Ralph Lauren a lot of his models had them on with cardigans and fall/winter wear and they looked damn good, for $100 whether style or truly for function they are worth it...

thanks for the compliments on the pics fellas, much appreciated!!

You completely missed the point. I'm talking strictly in a corporate setting. Wear whatever the hell you want on the weekend. Heck, I have a striped Gucci belt. I'll judge you all day long if you're coming to your 9-5 (in an office) wearing a suit and a logo belt, and if you were my employee I would send you home. You think any of the big 4 would allow their employees to dress like that? Not a chance. Same goes for many financial firms. It's tacky and sends the wrong message and there's no arguing that.

That I can agree with. I would NEVER wear any visible LV/Gucci to the office. There's a time and place for everything

In my experience you don't really get judged in a negative way on a Rolex. Maybe it's because mine is an older model and it doesn't attract attention but if it does I've yet to be called a douche for it. I've found people, specifically those older than me, show a lot of respect for it instead of envy or judging. Like someone above said wearing expensive logo belts can be tacky depending on the situation but a Rolex is never tacky in any situation tbh.

Last edited:
To be fair, in real life, no one would actually go to your face and call you a douche. :lol:

And yes, Rolex can be tacky, trust me. It depends on the perception of others.

To be fair, in real life, no one would actually go to your face and call you a douche.
laugh.gif

And yes, Rolex can be tacky, trust me. It depends on the perception of others.
It's just a watch. Can be worn with anything in any situation tbh. Unless you wear it to the gym or something I don't see how it can be tacky.

Excluding solid gold and diamond rolexes.

You completely missed the point. I'm talking strictly in a corporate setting. Wear whatever the hell you want on the weekend. Heck, I have a striped Gucci belt. I'll judge you all day long if you're coming to your 9-5 (in an office) wearing a suit and a logo belt, and if you were my employee I would send you home. You think any of the big 4 would allow their employees to dress like that? Not a chance. Same goes for many financial firms. It's tacky and sends the wrong message and there's no arguing that.

Well we aren't talking about corporate setting are we? Was that specified in the discussion anywhere? I specifically said my SA was at NM, that is far from a corporate office. People wear suits to different places and an LV belt worn with it doesn't really bother me.

I know multi-millionare executive that wears Ferragamo belts all the time, that is technically still a logo belt. You kick him out of a business meeting and you just lost a million dollar deal.
950591_fpx.tif

But corporate or not, judging is judging and you assumed everyone that wore a logo belt is a douche. It's a bad habit that people should really try to fix. That is all I am saying. It shouldn't really bother you if your co-worker came to work with those belts.

If you had simply said it did not look good, then fine, you have your opinion. But that isn't what you did, you bundled up everyone who did it as a douche.

Last edited:

Rosie Jones. I have dibs though so back off :nerd: :lol:

&You're welcome!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom