Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I think he's talking about the crease, pleats are a completely different thing.

Go with whatever amount of break you like, it's a matter of personal preference though too much break never looks good. Keep in mind a short break looks best with a really slim/tapered pant. The hem is going to ride up when you sit, like sreggie said that why you wear a nice pair of socks or lotion your ankles. If you wanna go Brit rock style, you're probably best taking her advice.

Wear them with some chucks/JPs & a Fred Perry polo, #teamtopbutton.

^since the Fresh Prince !
Word! Willy was way ahead of his time.

Go with whatever amount of break you like, it's a matter of personal preference though too much break never looks good. Keep in mind a short break looks best with a really slim/tapered pant. The hem is going to ride up when you sit, like sreggie said that why you wear a nice pair of socks or lotion your ankles. If you wanna go Brit rock style, you're probably best taking her advice.

Well said. I have everything from slight break to none at all.

Putting one of my gifts to use. My girl was really digging the sweater :pimp:

Yeah my bad it's the crease not pleat, thanks.

And yeah santa con is just an excuse for suburbans and hipster teens to travel to manhattan and go bar hopping.

What are JP's ?

A V-Neck Sweater.. can I really wear a white tee underneath or should I really wear a polo or button up underneath?

Wes - :nerd: very nice … her not you haha

Kick - I've seen the tee shirt done but I think the button shirt is a cleaner look man

I posted that RL peacoat I got from Macys sale and ended up returning it for this Academy one instead, just a better fit, actually wool instead of "other blends"

Thanks for the recommendation.. I think it was Type R that mentioned it

Wes - :nerd: very nice … her not you haha

Kick - I've seen the tee shirt done but I think the button shirt is a cleaner look man

I posted that RL peacoat I got from Macys sale and ended up returning it for this Academy one instead, just a better fit, actually wool instead of "other blends"

Thanks for the recommendation.. I think it was Type R that mentioned it

I got you homie. The academy is definitely a much better coat regardless of the price of the other one.

Last edited:
They trick people with that lauren by ralph lauren line. Usually see their coats in marshalls. I remember I ordered a couple of wallets from macy's and they were from that brand.

Just went to Jcrew on Broadway yesterday in the freezing cold, saw so many frate boy and frat girls in santa outfits getting drunk and acting dumb :lol:.
So common now, hate what NY has become.

But anyway just brought these. Bowery Tartan Pants.

2 questions.

how high should i get the break on the bottom, one of the girls in the store said I should get it just above the top of the shoe. but I always feel like when I sit down my pants rise up too high and I ain't with the high waters.

next question I'm trying to rock it british rocker style like get some t shirts and nice looking boots and rock them like they do in Europe.
What goes with blackwatch besides a blazer?

Also does ironing the front take the pleat out?

i don't care for santa con either, im guessing its people who don't regularly go out in manhattan/out of towners. santacon isn't a special night, its just like any other happy hour after work in midtown for me lol.

1. the girl is correct. i feel you wit da highwaters, but trust b, you lookin foolish with baggy dress pants. you def don't wanna be about that life. u sit down ur slacks will ride up a bit (below calf) but it won't be bad at all. thats the whole point of getting quality (but affordable) dress socks of various colors. if your pants are at your shoe, and you are sitting down, you look like a clown. if you stand up and your pants look dumb baggy, you look like you borrowed a taller guys pants, and at the same time, also a clown.

2. you got me on that lol

3. i doubt it but im not sure, but if not about the pleats, DON'T buy the pant. buy non pleated.

Santacon :smokin :pimp:

Just went to Jcrew on Broadway yesterday in the freezing cold, saw so many frate boy and frat girls in santa outfits getting drunk and acting dumb :lol:.
So common now, hate what NY has become.

But anyway just brought these. Bowery Tartan Pants.

2 questions.

how high should i get the break on the bottom, one of the girls in the store said I should get it just above the top of the shoe. but I always feel like when I sit down my pants rise up too high and I ain't with the high waters.

next question I'm trying to rock it british rocker style like get some t shirts and nice looking boots and rock them like they do in Europe.
What goes with blackwatch besides a blazer?

Also does ironing the front take the pleat out?

i don't care for santa con either, im guessing its people who don't regularly go out in manhattan/out of towners. santacon isn't a special night, its just like any other happy hour after work in midtown for me lol.

1. the girl is correct. i feel you wit da highwaters, but trust b, you lookin foolish with baggy dress pants. you def don't wanna be about that life. u sit down ur slacks will ride up a bit (below calf) but it won't be bad at all. thats the whole point of getting quality (but affordable) dress socks of various colors. if your pants are at your shoe, and you are sitting down, you look like a clown. if you stand up and your pants look dumb baggy, you look like you borrowed a taller guys pants, and at the same time, also a clown.

2. you got me on that lol

3. i doubt it but im not sure, but if not about the pleats, DON'T buy the pant. buy non pleated.

Santacon :smokin :pimp:

LOL yo honestly, if you go to for the sole purpose of gettin some yambs then :pimp: more power to you. prolly OD white girls about that santacon life. :nerd:

They trick people with that lauren by ralph lauren line. Usually see their coats in marshalls. I remember I ordered a couple of wallets from macy's and they were from that brand.

yea i hit up a macys with my moms just yesturday, and i peeped this Lauren by Ralph Lauren. whats good with that? discount brand?

unrelated note. was trying on hugo boss suits, and found they truly fit the best, no tailor. but hugo boss was a nazi, designed the SS uniform and errthing. feel some type of way, but the suit still fits :pimp: opinions? should i brush it off? i feel like im supporting something bad even tho im not if that makes sense lol.

Last edited:
Barneys Warehouse having extra 50% off select sale items (huge selection)

Be aware that all purchases are final sale (no exchange or refunds).

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/barneys-new-york/men/
The biggest downfall is that sizing is all over the place with the various brands but steaks are def out there.

True, but if you know your brand, I'd say go for it.

I might go in on some ties though. Drake's and Duchamp ties for ~$35.....hhnnnggggg

Back
Top Bottom