Dressing Better Vol 2.0

@wj4 are you or anyone else going for the 1s in the morning?
I personally don't like the 1s. 
Likes Pink Foambs but does not like original Jordans

How does "trying" actually work? I'm sorry but I'm out of loop when it comes to buying sneakers now, what do i have to do to secure my pair?
It is ridiculous, friend. I remember when these sat at $50 in 2001 when I was in the 10th grade. Got them months later on Nike.com

Like any retro Jordan release nowadays, you can't just walk into a store and buy. You have to get raffles and what not.

I entered a couple of raffles for them. I will also be trying to buy online tomorrow morning and hope my order(s) go through. A lot of times the shoes are already out of stock due to folks using bots and such.

Check the thread, it's madhouse amidst people posting supposed trick links for NDC and FNL and talks of pizza parties :lol:
Threads in Jordan are alway wild. Topics change so quickly. Most are kids so you can't expect too much :lol:

LL
I had them in 2001. They provide no cushioning at all. You can feel pebbles when you step on them. Why would I spend money buying shoes I don't like, my friend?

Pink Foams...those I love :smile: wearing asinine shoes on the weekends give me a break from menswear on the weekdays.

Got the Suns Foams on today too btw :smile:

Last edited:
How does "trying" actually work? I'm sorry but I'm out of loop when it comes to buying sneakers now, what do i have to do to secure my pair?
It is ridiculous, friend. I remember when these sat at $50 in 2001 when I was in the 10th grade. Got them months later on Nike.com

Like any retro Jordan release nowadays, you can't just walk into a store and buy. You have to get raffles and what not.

I entered a couple of raffles for them. I will also be trying to buy online tomorrow morning and hope my order(s) go through. A lot of times the shoes are already out of stock due to folks using bots and such.

Check the thread, it's madhouse amidst people posting supposed trick links for NDC and FNL and talks of pizza parties :lol:
Threads in Jordan are alway wild. Topics change so quickly. Most are kids so you can't expect too much :lol:

LL
I had them in 2001. They provide no cushioning at all. You can feel pebbles when you step on them. Why would I spend money buying shoes I don't like, my friend?

Pink Foams...those I love :smile: wearing asinine shoes on the weekends give me a break from menswear on the weekdays.

Got the Suns Foams on today too btw :smile:

Haha messing with you guy, totally agree though.

Fifth avenue in merlot. they were a webgem in october that apparently can still be ordered(at least as of a month ago)..but i also recently saw it as a standard color on the website with an advisory message of a 3-4 week wait time.

Thanks!

^The new ones have good cushioning. Nothing like the 2001s.
I see. Still not a fan nonetheless. The Jordans and Nikes I buy now are more or less for nostalgia reasons. I was born in 1985 so this does nothing for me.

Gotta cop a new pair of Asics for the gym anyway tomorrow. Probably gonna be the same price as the 1s :lol: gotta stay on spending budget!

I know, man :smile:

Boggles my mind how kids can keep up with shoes nowadays. I barely kept up with buying a new pair every couple of months in high school with a job. And back then retros were $125 and the new model was $150.

I see. Still not a fan nonetheless. The Jordans and Nikes I buy now are more or less for nostalgia reasons. I was born in 1985 so this does nothing for me.

Gotta cop a new pair of Asics for the gym anyway tomorrow. Probably gonna be the same price as the 1s :lol: gotta stay on spending budget!

Ditto my friend 85 child and I feel the same way. Asics ftw!

Keith, waddup bro. Gonna hit you up about these 1's later today if you're still up North.

Sidenote: I was born in 1980 and these do PLENTY for me.

Oh and I watched Jordan play.

FYI, NA Jordans that have been retro-ing this year have better materials and cushioning, but I digress.

Back to dressing better!

Ditto my friend 85 child and I feel the same way. Asics ftw!
I bought the Flyknit lunar for the gym and they wore down way too prematurely so I have gone back to ugly shoes for training :lol:

Always stuck with Asics and Brooks. Ugly as sin but they sure work. I try to replace them every 400 miles or so.

Keith, waddup bro. Gonna hit you up about these 1's later today if you're still up North.

FYI, NA Jordans that have been retro-ing this year have better materials and cushioning, but I digress.

Back to dressing better!
:lol: this thread is like a general within general, man. It's all good.

The 1s look darn nice with a sport shirt and cardigan though.

[@=https://niketalk.com/members/41274"trying" actually work? I'm sorry but I'm out of loop when it comes to buying sneakers now, what do i have to do to secure my pair?

I saw that too!!! What is going on in there!?

Same here. I got a pair of the ivory Lunargrands for $70 from the Rack. That's my big pickup. :lol:

I know, man :smile:

Boggles my mind how kids can keep up with shoes nowadays. I barely kept up with buying a new pair every couple of months in high school with a job. And back then retros were $125 and the new model was $150.

That was when I was working at Finish Line. $125 for my retro 11s, the 3s were $100 and the 2s were $110. I was using my 30% discount on all of them. Great times...

Back to dressing better!

I'm an 84 kid and I saw MJ play many times against 'Nique and the Hawks. I remember all the camera flashes whenever he touched the ball.

Don't forget epaulet marked down new items today too smh..

The Jordan 1 thread is bananas. I'm ona raffle run today too..

Someone mentioned gap earlier in the thread---they have a crazy sale going on..

30% off of 1969 selvedge denim
50% off of marked down sale items (which is like 85% of the store)

Don't forget epaulet marked down new items today too smh..

The Jordan 1 thread is bananas. I'm ona raffle run today too..

Someone mentioned gap earlier in the thread---they have a crazy sale going on..

30% off of 1969 selvedge denim
50% off of marked down sale items (which is like 85% of the store)

I always wanted to try some selvedge, especially after A posted on his blog about them. Thanks for that.

A, are those skinnys or slims that you're wearing in that blog post?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom