Dressing Better Vol 2.0

How do these APCs look? Just got them yesterday, I feel like they need to be hemmed and hoping the thighs stretch out a bit
Yeah Bro I agree with RFX...U should wait until u break them in fully before  making any adjustments to them...I would even wait until after the first wash or soak before soing anything to them...WIth my Raleigh Nash Raws I waited about 6 months before I got them hemmed and tapered to a 15 inch ankle/shin opening...

I just picked these up after reading about them in GQ. I haven't worn 574s since HS but these seem really clean to me.

tumblr_mb13kchHXL1qgj6jvo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any shoes similar to those Purcells, or the Kenneth Cole SpeedBalls?

Why are you looking for an alternative?

Just curious because it can't be the cost because JPs are dirt cheap and it can't be because of the comfort because it is much more cushioned than the regular chucks.

If you really want/need an alternative, check out Vans' Classic shoes. The madero or 106 or even the era might be good options.

Why are you looking for an alternative?
Just curious because it can't be the cost because JPs are dirt cheap and it can't be because of the comfort because it is much more cushioned than the regular chucks.
If you really want/need an alternative, check out Vans' Classic shoes. The madero or 106 or even the era might be good options.

I already own the grey, white and olive speedballs(although I need a new pair of olives too). Im not crazy about the purcells in a high-top.
Looking for an ankle high iteration of the same "makeup". These are so hot, but doubt I will ever find a pair, or anything similar:

Speaking of H&M does anyone know anything about the upcoming collab they have with MMM?

LIke what stores will be getting it?

Speaking of H&M does anyone know anything about the upcoming collab they have with MMM?
LIke what stores will be getting it?
There should be a listing on the site prior to the launch. I foresee lines again :lol:

lol yeah more than likely we won't even get it here. But it is the only H&M in Alabama so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey guys, I just picked up my first suit and would really appreciate some comments/critiques, tips on alterations etc.

Last edited:
fit is pretty good but its hard to tell if your sleeves are too short since you are not wearing a proper shirt underneath. take pics again with a dress shirt on. if you can see about 1/4-1/2 inch of sleeve then you are golden.

for your pants, id suggest getting them tapered and hemmed slightly. fit will be on point after that :pimp:

Fellas,

I have a pair of APC New Standards that I've had since March/April with no wash. Over the weekend, I was caught in a rainstorm. Jeans were SOAKED. I let them air dry but they seem a bit stiff. Do you guys recommend a first wash or should I just keep wearing them as they are?

Fellas,
I have a pair of APC New Standards that I've had since March/April with no wash. Over the weekend, I was caught in a rainstorm. Jeans were SOAKED. I let them air dry but they seem a bit stiff. Do you guys recommend a first wash or should I just keep wearing them as they are?

I would honestly wash them because you might get some odd fading if they are stiff and creasing in those areas

on a side note; I have been pleasantly surprised with the Gap...seems they are trying to up their style considering all their damn stores are closing

Post pics of them. I'd keep wearing them because if you don't have the lines you want then It's too early to wash them. If you think they're worn in enough for your taste then go ahead and wash them though. I have a pair from January I haven't even washed/altered yet. I'm about to wash them soon though.

Yes, the lines and fading are my main concern. I had a similar situation with my Nudies a 2 years ago. Washed too soon and didn't get the look I wanted. I will take pics when i get off work.

I got that suit; Tommy from Macy's? Doesn't look bad for a right out of the store suit
Yup got it a couple of weeks ago online when they were having a special

fit is pretty good but its hard to tell if your sleeves are too short since you are not wearing a proper shirt underneath. take pics again with a dress shirt on. if you can see about 1/4-1/2 inch of sleeve then you are golden.

for your pants, id suggest getting them tapered and hemmed slightly. fit will be on point after that :pimp:
Thanks. I was definitely planning on getting them tapered, they were way baggier than I expected since the suit is slim fit :lol:

Back
Top Bottom