Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I know this topic has been brought up several times but i need opinions on Clarks Desert Boots. I'm looking at buying either the Originals, Desert Troopers, or Desert Guard. I would be wearing them with dark denim and chinos casually.

melofan15,
I'd like to comment on the fit of your suit:

Overall, the jacket looks too small, probably by only one sz. The evidence for this is the wrinkles and pulling at your torso area while you stand in up straight, and the lapels bowing out from your chest slightly. The sleeves appear maybe 1/2 inch short, IMO that part is a matter of preference.
Your pants appear to be pulling in the front area below the waist and in the back, suggesting that your seat is too tight, there should be very few lines/wrinkles, if any, in the back of a proper fitting pair of suit pants or slacks.

I strongly suggest sizing up, and getting measured by someone at the department store. If you want a slim fitting suit, then instead of sizing down, try a brand with a slimmer cut. Even the slim fit Tommy, or CK, suits at department stores have boxy cuts. If you are trying a mall brand, and want a slimmer cut from stores like macys, or dillards, try Murano (dillard's house brand) or Alfani slim cut and Bar III (macys house brand)

hope that helps....

these are just my opinions btw..based off of prior knowledge

I know this topic has been brought up several times but i need opinions on Clarks Desert Boots. I'm looking at buying either the Originals, Desert Troopers, or Desert Guard. I would be wearing them with dark denim and chinos casually.

Clarks Desert Boots in either Sand suede or Beeswax leather are the most versatile shoe you can get of those 3 (and probably the most popular choices among first time DB buyers). They can be dressed up or down.

Hey guys, I just picked up my first suit and would really appreciate some comments/critiques, tips on alterations etc.

My 2 cents:
A couple others have said it but the jacket is a little too small. Sleeve length might be a little short as well, wearing it with a dress shirt would help but it's not just about 1/4-1/2" of sleeve showing because if your shirt sleeve is too short as well, it won't be accurate.

Pants...do you have short legs? Maybe it's the rise of the pants but at least in the first picture, the proportions seem off. I'd also get them slightly tapered below the knee but it seems you plan on that.

Hey guys, I just picked up my first suit and would really appreciate some comments/critiques, tips on alterations etc.
The suit is 1 size too small. You can tell how the buttons are puling. The seat of your pants are also tight. I would size up and then get it tailored. Its always better to get a suit off the rack that fits great in the shoulders waist and butt and then get the legs tapered and hemmed, etc.

I appreciate the advice guys. I'm definitely going to size up on the jacket (I bought the suit online so I never had a chance to try it on for reference)
As for the pants, I'm not sure why they look like that :lol: They're actually a little roomy. Either way I'm gonna go see a tailor to get some work done
and I'll post follow up pics

Big Sean...Not sure how I feel about the vest underneath though.
The vest would look better to me with a blazer (shirt & tie could still work) rather than a suit.

Plus, I bet he can't even button that jacket.

weird question but are you not supposed to wear a bow tie with a shirt that has a button collar? Does it not matter?

weird question but are you not supposed to wear a bow tie with a shirt that has a button collar? Does it not matter?
You mean a button down shirt? I think it was Jay Z who started calling dress shirts as 'button down's, but really button down shirts are the style with buttons on the collar. Nothing is wrong with this at all. Bow ties are, for the most part, supposed to be worn in a playful manner.

I love the look of a bow tie,I spent the weekend at the races and seen literally 10-15,000 people wearing them over the course of two days...Vineyard Vines was having a trunk show and I picked up 4 different designs....

Got my stuff from Indochino today and overall satisfied. Shirt is perfect, pants are pretty good just need a hem and need to be taken in at the waist an inch or so. The jacket needs some major work or to be remade. Stomach is too big and so is the chest. The issue is that there is way too much fabric right underneath the the armpits. I am going to take it to my tailor and see if he can fix it if not I'll be heading to the NY traveling tailor to get measured by them and have it remade.

Won't be posting pictures since I can't get the angle right to show the excess.

Got my stuff from Indochino today and overall satisfied. Shirt is perfect, pants are pretty good just need a hem and need to be taken in at the waist an inch or so. The jacket needs some major work or to be remade. Stomach is too big and so is the chest. The issue is that there is way too much fabric right underneath the the armpits. I am going to take it to my tailor and see if he can fix it if not I'll be heading to the NY traveling tailor to get measured by them and have it remade.

Won't be posting pictures since I can't get the angle right to show the excess.

Damn, dude. And I'm pretty sure I remember you posting after receiving them with the initial issues they had. Doesn't sound like something I'd be satisfied with but I guess you didn't pay much.

Damn, dude. And I'm pretty sure I remember you posting after receiving them with the initial issues they had. Doesn't sound like something I'd be satisfied with but I guess you didn't pay much.

Yea I'm not thrilled at all with the jacket. What makes no sense is the fact that the shirt; using the same measurements, came out pretty much perfect. I took some pics of the jacket and would appreciate if you guys could input whether it is something that a tailor can fix or something I should just have them remake. It's one of the risks of ordering a suit (MTM) online. Pants are pretty much perfect, a hem and the waist taken in and that's it. If you guys think it's not something that can be fixed, especially at under $75 then that would save me a trip to the tailor and I'll just get a remake. Probably will go the traveling tailor if so.

^reminds me of a steve harvey suit

tell me about it...lol

why are you getting bespoke and MTM suits if you're trying to lose weight?

Bespoke suit was a xmas gift from my wife over a year ago and the MTM honestly it was to take advantage of a deal. I provided what I thought were proper measurements and the jacket came out that big. Like I said the shirt, with the same measurements, literally is as perfect as possible, which was surprising when the jacket arrived that big.

a year ago? that TSB feature seems like it was not a couple of months ago. :lol:

regarding the suit, the shoulders already seem too big.

Back
Top Bottom