Dressing Better Vol 2.0

got these boots from h&m. lot better quality then i expected after a couple wears.

I saw them today at H&M and honestly for $60 I would have gone to JCPenney's and bought the Stafford ones for the same exact price. The leather on the H&M ones is poor, ridiculously thin and look like they wont last too long. If you still can return them, do so and get the Stafford ones from JCP. They've been posted twice today and they're worth the $60.

How do these APCs look? Just got them yesterday, I feel like they need to be hemmed and hoping the thighs stretch out a bit

Don't hem, jeans are suppose to stack. Those looks like it fits perfect so you need to size down. They'll stretch about 2 sizes, usually.

^ yeah that is a good look for raw denim

I am wearing my PRPs Ramblers every chance I get to try and fade them; it's a task

Don't hem, jeans are suppose to stack. Those looks like it fits perfect so you need to size down. They'll stretch about 2 sizes, usually.
no offense but i do not agree with this. I think for the best fade to contour to your body, your jeans need to fit as best as possible. These are perfectly slim but way too long. def hem

no offense but i do not agree with this. I think for the best fade to contour to your body, your jeans need to fit as best as possible. These are perfectly slim but way too long. def hem

they are going to shrink once he soaks them

cuff them if he thinks they are long but he won't be happy if he hems them then soaks them

Last edited:
There are multiple ways to rock them. You're more on the dandy side, pretty much like me. Those SWD dudes are the anti dandy, and love major stackz to form the whiskers. Dudes are like 5'6'' rocking 36" inseam.

My "dress jeans" are like 30". My jeans that I wear casually are 32". I'm 5'9'' and can't even fathom the thought of wearing jeans without hemming, just way too long.

It depends on your aesthetic. The way Wes has it looks good, but more of a street style instead of a refined fit.

On a side note, I must have a curse with the jean thing. I sized down on a pair of Nudie Slim Jim and APC NS...both never stretched. :lol: Ever since then I've gone true to size on my APC NC and Naked & Famous Skinny Guy. Still no stretch, which is great for me.

By the way, I forgot to post my tote that I carry from time to time. Picked it up from Urban Outfitters for like 15 bucks last year. Serves me well.

Last edited:
got these boots from h&m. lot better quality then i expected after a couple wears.
I saw them today at H&M and honestly for $60 I would have gone to JCPenney's and bought the Stafford ones for the same exact price. The leather on the H&M ones is poor, ridiculously thin and look like they wont last too long. If you still can return them, do so and get the Stafford ones from JCP. They've been posted twice today and they're worth the $60.
i had a 20% student discount coupon and a $10 gift card. $38 in the end

Last edited:
I also dig the highwater jean stance with boots.
tumblr_may2tcr1271r61iwno1_500.jpg

Looks like the Aryan Brotherhood. As black man I could not do the whole high-water jeans in boots look. Old heads around my way would snap their necks.I will let you cook.

Last edited:
Looks like the Aryan Brotherhood. As black man I could not do the whole high-water jeans in boots look. Old heads around my way would snap their necks.I will let you cook.
Understandable. However, I met a black guy who wore that style extremely well, heavily inspired by the skinhead scene. (Not to be confused with the skinhead in the U.S. for those unaware).

Nah, I'd really advice against that, jeans looks bad w/o a break for his style. It works best with chinos, slacks and trousers. He can always always fold for a cuff effect if you want it with as little break as possible, jeans are more versatile this way. With some stacks, you can also get away with not tapering the jeans as well. If the jeans have no break and it is wide in the opening, it simply looks terrible and if it swallows up your shoes, it looks like bell bottoms.

Good example of good and bad no-break/high-water jeans leg opening conundrum, the left with more taper looks much better than the one on the right wit a wider leg opening, it's a thin line.
eberzc.jpg

You don't even need giant stacks, WJ4 with the exaggerated shot at SWD style as usual (not everyone is 5'6" and not everyone has pancake stacks), Wes doesn't even have dramatic stacks. Most of your jeans fits has stacks too WJ4.

And those high-waters with Docs-type-boots look can be good but that looks better with cuff too.

At the end of the day, it is up to your style and Wes was wearing a moto jacket with a tee so it looks like he is about to chill at some bar or go to the movies not to some fashion show where Tonny Ton takes a pic of you as you walk by. So I say stay with the stacks and don't hem.

Last edited:
I always thought you were Asian lol

:lol: not the first time someone has said that on here. But I'm as black as the NT background

But I want a few stacks but this one is a bit much. There's no way it's a 34 inseam because I naturally wear a 34" inseam and these are wild long.

Hoping the waist doesn't stretch out too much because it fits perfectly, it's just the thigh area I want to stretch.

Those are the true skin heads. The british working class youths...total opposite from the aryan brotherhood.

Oh yeah RFX, the jeans I wear casually do have a bit of stacks...that's why the inseam is 2" longer than usually.

Wes is like 6'4'' so they can be 36" and won't still be pancake stacks :lol:

@LuckyLuchiano I don't think, the Staffords run pretty standard for the width...but they run HUGE in size, I'm usually an 11.5 and had to go down to size 10 in these and there's still a little room :lol: but for the price they're extremely comfortable

Back
Top Bottom