Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Suit was about 150$ just slight tailoring on the pants, I'm 5"7 165lbs

Thanks fellas, quality on the suit is subpar, but for 150$ what do you expect, least the fit is cool, so if you need a suit last minute and on a tight budget don't overlook H&m

Those pics make me regret passing on the RL Sanderson's in Snuff Suede.

Well I didn't want to announce this but Serg, unfortunately, he was the only person that didn't receive anything during our DBNT SS. I have been trying to get in touch with his Elf and I promised that I'd keep up with it and keep him updated. I fully intend on making it right.

I am adhering to my original policy of not revealing that information on NT as there could be any number of legitimate reasons that his partner hasn't responded to communication. I'd hate to tarnish someone's reputation under preconceived notions, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

It's an unfortunate situation and it's making me rethink doing this again. Or at least opening it up to others outside of our normal group.

Thanks man. Any idea if and when shell might be on sale again? I went with a couple of calf MTOs instead of the shell strands during the RDA, but now I'm kind of wishing i hadn't passed up on them

Maybe around April there will be another store wide sale

Well I didn't want to announce this but Serg, unfortunately, he was the only person that didn't receive anything during our DBNT SS. I have been trying to get in touch with his Elf and I promised that I'd keep up with it and keep him updated. I fully intend on making it right.

I am adhering to my original policy of not revealing that information on NT as there could be any number of legitimate reasons that his partner hasn't responded to communication. I'd hate to tarnish someone's reputation under preconceived notions, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

It's an unfortunate situation and it's making me rethink doing this again. Or at least opening it up to others outside of our normal group.

that's pretty unfortunate

Quick reply...Saul xxIronManxx did get me my SS gift, it just came late. It actually came in on Monday of this week. He sent it during the holiday season but with me being out of the country it was sent back to him. It arrived on Monday.

In the package and pics later as I have a class to teach in 2 minutes, but just wanted to let everyone know that I did and not have anyone here a get a bad rap.

Nike LunarEclipse running shoes
Finance Book I had wished for on Elfster
TWO ties from TheTieBar
Pocket Square from the TieBar

AND

a Christmas Card.

Thanks Sal!

that's pretty unfortunate

No need...things came just a little later than most. Will post some pics later today, haven't gotten around to doing much of anything this week.

Great! I had hit him in IG and email and he never responded. I was just on Jack Spade looking for your replacement gift. Great News!

Great! I had hit him in IG and email and he never responded. I was just on Jack Spade looking for your replacement gift. Great News!

No need! I had told Adrian, I should have told you as well. Pics after I'm done teaching this class, mobile ftw.

Jack Spade is having an additional 40% off of clearance. It was 25% off yesterday and just jumped to 40%. I can see this getting better. But if you need a briefcase or duffle or wallet, now is a good time to purchase. Clearance season.

THE LORD YOUR GOD REQUIRES AN ASSIST.

I NEED A JACKET LIKE THIS; IF AFFORDABLE THIS VERY JACKET:

THANK YOU DBNT

Fellas...I trust you all had Great Christmas' and New Years'...(damn I need to visit her more often again lol- I'm going to return to posting form this month)

So I'm in the market again for a suit.

Going the bespoke route again.

I'm looking at a wool Navy Blue Business 3-piece. The issue that I have right now is this. The shoes that I have are black, and a lighter brown. I want to be able to wear the suit with a lighter brown shoe cause it will give me more tie and pocket square options in my opinion, and I also want to be able to wear it with a black shoe + black tie for low key formal meetings. I'm wondering what horn buttons should I look at so that I can wear the suit with brown shoes and black shoes?

Tortoise shell looks nicer with brown shoes.
Black looks best with black shoes.
I want something in between. I don't know the color, but there's a whitish marble color I've seen which looks nice, but it's too light.

Any ideas?

My SS gifts:

Nike LunarEclipse:
http://s155.photobucket.com/user/sarteaga0408/media/Album 2/IMG_2158_zps5f44b033.jpg.html

TheTieBar ties and pocket square:
http://s155.photobucket.com/user/sarteaga0408/media/Album 2/IMG_2152_zpsca1cacf1.jpg.html

Book:
http://s155.photobucket.com/user/sarteaga0408/media/Album 2/IMG_2148_zpsf06fccb1.jpg.html

THANKS SAL!

Last edited:
are tall tees making a comeback? Obviously with some modifications, shorter sleeves and more fitted in the shoulders and length is a few inches shorter. A few years ago it was baby gap XS vneck tees, now longer slouchier tshirts are gaining momentum. I like the baggy shirt look much better.
I started seeing with kanye, a year or two ago, now it seems fashion head type ppl are rocking

Last edited:
Sarteaga's post just reminded me of some new pick ups I got about a week ago... Hadnt even taken them out of the bag yet smh...

Both Silk from Zara

Based on that esquire guide it looks like my man Serg's suit fits perfectly.

Check your local J Crew, bros. Extra 50% off clearance in store I just picked up this sweater for $40 among other things. Will post pics later when I get the chance.
Do these sales apply to their factory stores?

are tall tees making a comeback? Obviously with some modifications, shorter sleeves and more fitted in the shoulders and length is a few inches shorter. A few years ago it was baby gap XS vneck tees, now longer slouchier tshirts are gaining momentum. I like the baggy shirt look much better.
I started seeing with kanye, a year or two ago, now it seems fashion head type ppl are rocking
The drappier look is in but it only looks good if you're fit otherwise love handles and beer bellies will be shown through the silhouette.

It's not a tall tee tho, it's a regularly shirt that's slightly longer in length. Nothing like the 4xl joints :lol:

The drappier look is in but it only looks good if you're fit otherwise love handles and beer bellies will be shown through the silhouette.

It's not a tall tee tho, it's a regularly shirt that's slightly longer in length. Nothing like the 4xl joints :lol:

haha yea i know they aren't exactly the tall tees from the early 2000 era, but the new trend of slouchier shirts reminded me of them. Funny how being in shape can stand out more or look better in slouchier clothing. The drape of clothing is underrated, and is often lost in skin tight fits IMO.

Back
Top Bottom