Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hmmm I'm going to have to check it out. I might be out in San Diego come May for some training
Let me know man. Only a 2.5 hour drive from the house. That's become local to me now. Lol.
Man, if only San Diego were 2.5 hours from me
mean.gif

how do you guys feel about a navy peacoat over a suit? have an interview coming up and it's going to be 25 degrees 
sick.gif
. i dont have any topcoats, but i'll probably get one if the peacoat is a no

how do you guys feel about a navy peacoat over a suit? have an interview coming up and it's going to be 25 degrees :x . i dont have any topcoats, but i'll probably get one if the peacoat is a no
If it fits go for it, man. It's about survival at that point.

I def layered up a month ago for negative degree.

I really like the town. Close enough but quite different than LA. Cost of living isn't too affordable though
laugh.gif
San Diego has arguably the best weather and overall climate in the entire US. I'd say it's almost worth the extra expense. However, I'm a little surprised that the cost of living in SD is greater than LA. 

Last edited:
Cost of living really depends on location really, in LA some lofts in a post-industrial area can climb up close to a mil. I'm sure San Diego has the same areas too. La Jolla area is where I used to chill there and it's like a college town for rich kids. Super cars everywhere every time I visit my friends place there.

Seriously? Where are you?

I was looking in Atlanta and all I found was Theory and Vince, pretty sure that's at most Nordstrom Racks
I'm in San Diego at the moment. Prices are not dirt cheap btw.

The Jil cardigan was in my size. Retail was like $1200 and it was at Rack for $450. About the 65 percent off that some items are on discount now at Nordstrom's website. Was tempted but too much for a non scheduled purpose.

The A Wang stuff fit really weird. Some places were loose and other places were tight. Oh yeah, it's the T line, not the mainline. About half off retail. Most were sporty pieces like hoodies and tapered sweats.

Because San Diego Nordstrom has baler brands, they actually carry Rick Owens in that Nordstrom. It is one of the best Nordstrom for checking out brand name stuff, I believe they still carry Givenchy, Margiela, Lanvin, etc...

A.Wangs diffusion line are mostly sportswear-inspire and yeah his fits are all over the place but on purpose. You have to be built well so it consistently looks good on you. His mainline is actually also sportswear-inspired, though a bit "dressier" or upscale with a mix of shirts and wool jackets here and there.

Last edited:

my peacoat is too tight; when i button the jacket, it sorta pops out. when i leave it unbuttoned, it's longer than the coat. thanks for the replies, but looks like i'll be getting a new one

been wanting a fedora for the longest while to diversify my hat game, so I went to this store by my job (Goorin Brothers)
i had looked online to make sure they had the exact type I wanted (Good Boy)
even looked at feathers to put in the hat to make it stand out a lil

Better pix to come

Like RFX said, there's hood areas in SD too. La Jolla is definitely nice. I also like Carlsbad too.

Steezy, you still planning on doing those photoshop or camera tutorials? I've been watching a few here and there but nothing's really working. I honestly don't even know what type of tutorials to look for.
For the picture I posted all I did was attempt at sharpening it but I'm not really bringing out the true colors in my pictures

Yeah I am bruh...I'll definitely try to get around to it, is fairly simple....that picture I just posted was actually edited on Snapseed app alone...so yeah making colors pop can easily be done

Did this one too

I have some questions for you dressing better dudes, these pants are Dockers signature khaki pants. What kind of shoes should I be wearing with them? So far I've just worn different color of Sperry boat shoes with them because the dress shoes I have look weird with them but the boots I have don't really work with them either. I've also worn some lunarglides with them. I'm a teacher so there is nothing wrong with me wearing sneakers. But some days I want to go with a dressier look so that's why i'm asking y'all.

And yes I know the belt in the picture is bulky and doesn't necessarily work with the pants, I have a slimmer lower profile belt but it moves around a lot in pants with a big belt loop tunnel.

Want to grab my first pair of lunargrands....anyone know of any free shipping codes for colehaan.com ? Shoes are on sale but shipping is 12 bucks

In before DBs.

I strongly believe longwings should be a staple in a wardrobe, you can dress them up with a suit or nice trousers, or down with chinos or denim

Too dressy at times when you wanna look extra casual. You could substitute Clarks Desert Boots and it would be tons more relaxed.

those snuff suede sandersons :smokin

+1 on the long wings, even with a more casual fit. In regards to DBs, I've come to abandon mine. This the case for anybody else? Aside from being an intro DB shoe, it's probably because they've become the unofficial part of the student uniform over here along with boat shoes. Still rock both from time to time though

Last edited:
Decided to stop being cheap and bought some AE Park Avenue in black for $270. Good deal?

I really like the town. Close enough but quite different than LA. Cost of living isn't too affordable though :lol:

San Diego has arguably the best weather and overall climate in the entire US. I'd say it's almost worth the extra expense. However, I'm a little surprised that the cost of living in SD is greater than LA. 

San Diego is so expensive due to the DOD owning lots of the land and since its a military town cola is high. Allowing it to be expensive.

I have some questions for you dressing better dudes, these pants are Dockers signature khaki pants. What kind of shoes should I be wearing with them? So far I've just worn different color of Sperry boat shoes with them because the dress shoes I have look weird with them but the boots I have don't really work with them either. I've also worn some lunarglides with them. I'm a teacher so there is nothing wrong with me wearing sneakers. But some days I want to go with a dressier look so that's why i'm asking y'all.

And yes I know the belt in the picture is bulky and doesn't necessarily work with the pants, I have a slimmer lower profile belt but it moves around a lot in pants with a big belt loop tunnel.

Longwing bluchers and Chukka boots would look great.

In before DBs.

I strongly believe longwings should be a staple in a wardrobe, you can dress them up with a suit or nice trousers, or down with chinos or denim

Agreed. I actually listed LWBs as one of my staple pieces. It's a casual shoe that I like to wear with suits at times.

those snuff suede sandersons :smokin

+1 on the long wings, even with a more casual fit. In regards to DBs, I've come to abandon mine. This the case for anybody else? Aside from being an intro DB shoe, it's probably because they've become the unofficial part of the student uniform over here along with boat shoes. Still rock both from time to time though

I regret passing on the snuff suede sanderson :smh:

Back
Top Bottom