Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Decided to stop being cheap and bought some AE Park Avenue in black for $270. Good deal?

Tbh, outside of Daltons or some cordovan joints, I would never spend more than $150 for AE's. Were there any brooks version on the seconds list? Those could usually be copped for $150 or less...

If there were none on the list, you probably could've found them on ebay for cheaper or ask Adrian to thrift you a pair :tongue:

Tbh, outside of Daltons or some cordovan joints, I would never spend more than $150 for AE's. Were there any brooks version on the seconds list? Those could usually be copped for $150 or less...

If there were none on the list, you probably could've found them on ebay for cheaper or ask Adrian to thrift you a pair
tongue.gif
eBay is where I got them from. I didnt want any used one and 270 was the cheapest I could find in my size and width.

Decided to stop being cheap and bought some AE Park Avenue in black for $270. Good deal?

If there were none on the list, you probably could've found them on ebay for cheaper or ask Adrian to thrift you a pair :tongue:

Aren't the seconds usually like $200 though, and then you are getting some flawed shoes that if they are messed up, you have to deal with the headaches of returns.

That price of $270 seems ok to me for a pair of first rate shoes.

10 pairs of seconds. No problems that a simple polish job couldn't fix..

But hey, that's just me.

Last edited:

But hey, that's just me.

I see what you are saying though. If we are talking about the difference between msrp $360, and seconds at like $150-200, I absolutely agree. If you are getting the first rate shoes at a discounted price in the mid $200 range, I wouldn't mind paying an extra $50-70 for a pair of the first rate shoes and not have to worry about defects.

I'm spoiled because C hooks ya boy up proper (shouts to the big homie)

But prior to the fam facilitating, I had copped AE seconds for under $130 a pop. Particularly AE/BB Mcallister for $129, AE/BB Neumok for $120, and AE Clifton for $129.

World posted in here a handful of times asking about deals and I tried putting him on game. I'm curious if prior to the eBay scoop, did he even inquire with AE in obtaining a list in his size. eBay is okay, but for $270 you could in theory have found 2 pairs of brand new seconds

Just saiyan

Last edited:

@WorldGoneMad what size are you? I may have a second's list readily available for you.

But hey, that's just me.

Same here, well probably not 10 but not 1 pair that just had to go back.

pinoy732 pinoy732 could you add your instructions on how to obtain new seconds to the first page [emoji]128064[/emoji]?

1. E-mail [email protected] include in your subject area the size or sizes you want the list of.
2. Check list
3. Call or email back what you want
4. Pay

If there were none on the list, you probably could've found them on ebay for cheaper or ask Adrian to thrift you a pair
tongue.gif
Aren't the seconds usually like $200 though, and then you are getting some flawed shoes that if they are messed up, you have to deal with the headaches of returns.

How does anyone know that the pair from eBay isn't from the Shoebank?

Is there anything to distinguish the pairs in terms of packaging, label/markings on the shoes?

How does anyone know that the pair from eBay isn't from the Shoebank?

Is there anything to distinguish the pairs in terms of packaging, label/markings on the shoes?
This shoe shaped stamp denotes a second quality shoe. Sometimes it does not look as clear but if you see a brown mark similar, its a second's

Added:

****Details on ordering second's quality Allen Edmonds*****

• Email [email protected] or call 262-284-7158
  • Request for a list to be sent over of all available models in your size and width
  • Upon receiving the list, search google for interested models
  • To place order, call number listed above. You will give your CC info and shoes will be shipped within a few days

Personal experience, within US, orders should arrive in under a week

I see what you are saying though. If we are talking about the difference between msrp $360, and seconds at like $150-200, I absolutely agree. If you are getting the first rate shoes at a discounted price in the mid $200 range, I wouldn't mind paying an extra $50-70 for a pair of the first rate shoes and not have to worry about defects.

nah bro dont touch 2nds, hop outta Neimans with the real ones......
srsly though 2 for 250 is a great deal.. but sometimes the 1sts drop down to like 150, at least on the RL website

Question about mink oil/ water proofing oils...

Searched and saw that a couple of y'all have used either mink oil or Obenauf's LP but cant get any info if it darkens the shade of leather

any of you guys have some info?

dealin with 875's and dont want to lose the light brown color.. would rather deal with water stains :lol:

Uniqlo is about to buy J Crew?
Story was posted here a couple of days ago. They're talking.

Question about mink oil/ water proofing oils...

Searched and saw that a couple of y'all have used either mink oil or Obenauf's LP but cant get any info if it darkens the shade of leather

any of you guys have some info?

dealin with 875's and dont want to lose the light brown color.. would rather deal with water stains :lol:
It depends on the leather. I've used mink oil on all of my rugged footwear and did not noticed any significant darkening, if at all. Initially the leather gets dark but will lighten up after the creme dries.

Any way to get free shipping on them? $12 seems a bit much
That's a very reasonable rate. It's the same amount I pay for my Alden 2nds.

wj4 wj4

thanks for the info

As you know rainin like cray in socal right now and we panic :lol:

Was using beater boots but ill just go ahead and go through with it and report back

Itching to pull the trigger on these joints. 

Funny that this make up used to be hated on. It was one of Epaulet's worst make up years ago, but now it's a wanted item.

wj4 wj4

thanks for the info

As you know rainin like cray in socal right now and we panic :lol:

Was using beater boots but ill just go ahead and go through with it and report back

I love the rain, man. Folks staying in making me able to run errands easier.

Yeah, I use my Red Wings and Chippewas in the rain too. No sneakers or superlative dress shoes/boots. Rugged footwear are made to be beat up, man.

Back
Top Bottom