Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Saw you guys were talking about bags / briefcases.. I recently got this in from Cole Haan.. I really like, big enough to fit my 15in macbook and the color is amazing. Quality also seems pretty good and the leather is nice and soft. Retail was $400 I believe and I got it for $132

For those who take care of their shoes what do you guys do for shoe polish?

Do you just use neutral colored polish for all your shoes or do you use black, brown, walnut, etc depending on the color of the shoe?

Someone told me never to use colored polish because it will change the color of the shoe over time. That sound accurate?

Anyone suggest some decent looking shoes for shorts?  Don't really wanna wear just sneakers but also nothing to dressy

Anyone suggest some decent looking shoes for shorts?  Don't really wanna wear just sneakers but also nothing to dressy
Now that most of my sneakers are sold, I'm back to rocking Quoddy's.

I hate to nit pick but what were your socks and watch?

great as always wj4
Thanks, man. Watch is a basic Tag that I wear daily pretty much. I don't recall the model, but it's one of their cheaper ones, around $600 or so.

Socks are from BR or J. Crew, can't recall for sure. I usually try to stock up on them for lighter weight when on sale and use Corgi for thicker ones.

Serg, I need those jodhpurs too. I have the black pair already.

I was on the fence about them but always wanted a chelsea so I figured this was a good alternative to the chelsea boot. For $43 I can't complain.

For those who take care of their shoes what do you guys do for shoe polish?

Do you just use neutral colored polish for all your shoes or do you use black, brown, walnut, etc depending on the color of the shoe?

Someone told me never to use colored polish because it will change the color of the shoe over time. That sound accurate?

If I can find polish in the same color as the shoe, I use that. I know that can be very tricky for lighter colored shoes especially. I know a couple of my walnut pairs I used brown polish and they have gotten darker over time as a result. In hindsight, I should have used neutral polish on those as I didn't have the walnut colored polish.

I'm also a fan of shoe cream as it conditions the shoe while provided a little color to it as well. Much like the polish issue, I only use colored cream if I can find the same color of the shoe.

For walnut colored shoes I recommend; if you can find it still, Allen Edmonds Cognac polish. It was on clearance, I stocked up on 4 as it matches all my "walnut" labeled pairs from AE/Ralph Lauren, and from Carmina.

Sisters wedding this Saturday NTDB. Breaking out the walnut Strands.

How necessary is it to wear a walnut belt with it? Navy suit, so I was gonna go with a blk/brown belt.

Brown belt should be fine, belt wont really show often when wearing suit. If trousers fit well, belt not required.

Brown belt should be fine, belt wont really show often when wearing suit. If trousers fit well, belt not required.

That's what I was thinking bama, but I hardly ever go beltless even if the pants fit good with trousers. First time for everything.

Appreciate the help and the help way back when for the cordovan AEs, brother in law enjoyed the gift.

Sperry's 
Yea I was thinking along those lines... preciate it

Also trying to expand my shorts wardrobe for the summer... something other than cargos and b ball shorts.  Any good brands out there?  Looking for a slim, stylish fit... Im 24 so I'm not looking for any old man on the golf course shorts lol

Also trying to expand my shorts wardrobe for the summer... something other than cargos and b ball shorts.  Any good brands out there?  Looking for a slim, stylish fit... Im 24 so I'm not looking for any old man on the golf course shorts lol
I would recommend Ralph Lauren or Lacoste.  I am pretty loyal to them for all my clothes though so I may be a little biased. 

If you have the bread, get something better than Sperrys. Quality is meh.

Same with shorts. I would try to avoid logo brands. I personally roll with Epaulet, Gant Rugger and Barneys house brand. Pricier but quality is there. I prefer the shorts to be an inch or two above the knees.

Back
Top Bottom