Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Good news bros....

I was recently hired by FedEx as an Internal Auditor. I'll be working at the HQ here in Memphis and will be doing a lot of business traveling, so I need a nice leather traveling duffel bag. I received an AE catalog in the mail the other day that had this in it:

on sale for $565 i believe. I want to stay in the $400-600 range. If I could find anything less, that would be great as well
laugh.gif
. Any suggestions?

Also, I've been good in terms of my spending habits lately, so I decided to treat myself to a few suits on SS. Bought the Madison light brown check double breasted, Lazio Grey Stripe and Washington Blue Grey Stripe.
Congrats bro!

Email them and ask for a return label. Keep your tracking number and provide them with it once you ship the shoes back. When they show that the shoe has been delivered they can process the return. They have three different locations at the factory that returns can go to. The shoes have a way of showing up one day but I would communicate with them throughout this whole process to make sure they get the shoes and are aware you want a refund/exchange.

I sent one pair from a 2/$250 back for a refund. Shipped them on December 6th and got my refund by the end of the month but I remember it took a while and a couple emails back and forth.

Did they refund you $125 for the one pair? Because when I ordered the sales rep said that's not how it would work.

Any suggestions for shoes i can wear in a business casual work setting?

Preferably something with a rubber sole.

I dont wanna go full formal with the shoes, cuz im gonna be in mostly navy, black, and grey chinos. Thinking about some low chukkas or something. No sperrys though.

I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks.

Did they refund you $125 for the one pair? Because when I ordered the sales rep said that's not how it would work.

I don't remember. I tried to look in my past transactions on web banking but I couldn't see anything earlier than January of this year. Sorry.

I dont wanna go full formal with the shoes, cuz im gonna be in mostly navy, black, and grey chinos. Thinking about some low chukkas or something. No sperrys though.

Chukka boots with rubber sole would do it. Bluchers would work too. I'll post pics when I get home.

Thanks @AntiDope

@Bama, is it more than big enough for a 3 day trip?

Also, has anyone ever bought any leather items from Suit Supply? I really like this one...

Just not sure on the quality for the price.

Last edited:
Thanks @AntiDope

@Bama, is it more than big enough for a 3 day trip?

Also, has anyone ever bought any leather items from Suit Supply? I really like this one...

Just not sure on the quality for the price.
I'd rather AE than this. I handled their briefcase in store once. Was not pleased with the price point they had it at.

Re: briefcase and bags.

I have a weekender bag from Banana Republic that I got half off. I use it for quick getaways. For a 3 day trip or longer, I use my actual traveling joint with wheels and hardened panels. It's not the most chic option out there, but it makes things a lot easier with wheels and retractable handle bar, especially when walking in large airports.

I may have to check around a few local spots and retail stores to see the bags in person. I was thinking about ordering online, but it just may not work out if I get the wrong bag. I'm still leaning towards the AE bag, but will look around this week/weekend to see what else is out there.

I'm going to ATL on the 26th, so I may be able to check out the AE joint in person at their store.

Congrats on the job. Hopefully you like traveling cause all my auditor friends tell me it will get old quick.
First off I'm late but congrats!

I traveled extensively for a month going to diff interviews and it got old already for me. From running across airports to catch flights to living off horrible unhealthy foods. The good parts were that everything was comp for and I got to see new cities and at that point, snow :lol:

I may have to check around a few local spots and retail stores to see the bags in person. I was thinking about ordering online, but it just may not work out if I get the wrong bag. I'm still leaning towards the AE bag, but will look around this week/weekend to see what else is out there.

I'm going to ATL on the 26th, so I may be able to check out the AE joint in person at their store.

Bag is a good size, should fit 3 days pretty nicely. You can move the strap around to create more room so I have had no problems there.

Chukka boots with rubber sole would do it. Bluchers would work too. I'll post pics when I get home.

Bet. Good lookin.

Might just do a sport coat (probably linen-cotton), gingham shirt, solid tie and some chinos for this wedding at the end of May. J. Crew has some good stuff, might actually get the jacket there. But if I were to buy a whole suit I'd be going out of my price range.

Any tips to buying a blazer online without being able to try it on? I know I'll have to get it tailored regardless.

Tim,

Since I know you got the bread to cop some good stuff...these are going to be what I recommend:

http://search.theshoemart.com/search?keywords=alden+indy&btnSearch=GO

The Chukka:

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...xsbc-1273s_ald_m_chukka_boot_barrie_last.html

Appreciate it homie @wj4 . Yea, I'm pretty excited to see my other destinations going forward. One of my MBA professors is actually a manager there and he mainly does international travel. He was originally at Deloitte and went to FedEx to become a Senior Auditor. They made him a manager within two years. From his experience, he said he enjoys FedEx a lot more than Deloitte mainly because he has the ability to travel. :lol:

Bama, thanks for the review. Depending on what I find this weekend, I will probably go with the AE bag.

@A, :pimp: . I'm still waiting on the suits to come in :lol: . I just ordered yesterday, so I should be getting them tomorrow or Friday.

Last edited:
Appreciate it homie @wj4 . Yea, I'm pretty excited to see my other destinations going forward. One of my MBA professors is actually a manager there and he mainly does international travel. He was originally at Deloitte and went to FedEx to become a Senior Auditor. They made him a manager within two years. From his experience, he said he enjoys FedEx a lot more than Deloitte mainly because he has the ability to travel. :lol:

Bama, thanks for the review. Depending on what I find this weekend, I will probably go with the AE bag.

@A, :pimp: . I'm still waiting on the suits to come in :lol: . I just ordered yesterday, so I should be getting them tomorrow or Friday.

FedEx is an amazing firm. How they got their business started was nothing short of amazing to me. An individual, who received negative feedback on his project of starting a company that would make sending packages around the world within a day by his professor, still went on to carry out the plan. I read the book and it said that they were so close to going under, and the pilots actually use their own funds to fill the planes to keep going.

I had a professor who lived in over 20 countries during the course of 20 years in my MBA program. He said you really expand yourself culturally, but it gets old since it's not really 'home'. Even now, he teaches in L.A. and flies back home to San Francisco on the weekends.

I wish you nothing, but the best, my friend!

The world is an amazing place. This is why I started looking for opportunities in other areas in the last year.

One of the biggest things that gets to me is dressing accordingly. It becomes tricky when you are going from say, a warm 75 degree SoCal weather to sub zero mid west :lol: You're going to be warm/a bit uncomfy until you land at your destination.

Take pics to share with us!

Back
Top Bottom