Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'll play... excuse for the quick blur/crop
- denim top/jacket
- black tshirt
- slight drop crotch olive pants
- lunargrand chukkas
Are those pants sweatpants? If so..WOW! Could've fooled me. Looks jeans/chinos-ish.

Your SN also sounds familiar. I think a member in here posted up about your brand. If so, hope all is well and I wish you nothing but success, friend.

old navy peacoats are 37.50 after sale and coupon if anyones interested in a cheap peacoat
I'm interested in getting a peacoat in general, never had one before, might pull on these. What size would you recommend? I wear small in shirts.

old navy peacoats are 37.50 after sale and coupon if anyones interested in a cheap peacoat

I'm interested in getting a peacoat in general, never had one before, might pull on these. What size would you recommend? I wear small in shirts.

general consensus is they tend to fit a little big but havent really purchased anything myself in a while but am going to bite on a couple. they have a good return policy and free shipping over 50 so never hurts.

My peacoat is a small, the same size as my shirts and sweaters. You shouldn't need to size up unless that particular brand/model runs weird and such recommendation is made.

Thanks for joining the challenge. I think a white or grey undershirt would look better. Proportion looks good though! FYI however, the thicker shirts like flannels that you're wearing are different than the shirt jackets. Those things are jackets that look like shirts...would be impossible to tuck them into your trousers unless you have an extra inch or so.
On another note....007 wears Tom Ford really well. My fav 007 to date.
http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/images/2012/06/Skyfall-image.png

Thanks for the input and clarification on the shirt jacket. When I was putting this outfit together in my head, I was going for a dark, tonal look. It was a cloudy day and I wanted my outfit to reflect that :tongue:

In preparation for Sandy (and just rainy weather in general), I ordered this jacket online thanks to a post someone made in this thread about a sale at sierratradingpost. I'm crossing my fingers it gets here either tomorrow or Tuesday.

413mxGpKq4L._SS400_.jpg

frtnew.jpg

^

Nice jacket, whats the site? Woudnt mind grabbing that too if its for a decent price...

And chill with the Old Navy peacoats, they are boxy as hell. Not worth $40ish.

I'll play... excuse for the quick blur/crop

- denim top/jacket
- black tshirt
- slight drop crotch olive pants
- lunargrand chukkas
I been plotting on a denim button up for awhile but never knew where to find one with a decent fit.

Info on this one? 
nerd.gif

^

Nice jacket, whats the site? Woudnt mind grabbing that too if its for a decent price...

And chill with the Old Navy peacoats, they are boxy as hell. Not worth $40ish.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/wo...ilterString=s~woolrich-hoodie/&colorFamily=02

The code that was posted was a one-day sale for 40% off last week, so it came out to just under $50 shipped. I'll post as soon as it comes in with fit pictures but here's a couple reviews posted online:

http://www.backwoodsplaid.com/2012/03/woolrich-declination-hoodie_25.html
http://www.damnyak.ca/2012/03/field-test-woolrich-declination.html

Last edited:
Are those pants sweatpants? If so..WOW! Could've fooled me. Looks jeans/chinos-ish.
Your SN also sounds familiar. I think a member in here posted up about your brand. If so, hope all is well and I wish you nothing but success, friend.

Sorry for the confusion about the caption - the pants are more chino-ish, definitely not sweatpant material.
& yes, we recently just launched the brand (a member revived the thread because it made it to Hypebeast) and thanks for the well wishes. Appreciate it :D

The jean jacket/shirt is from Initial, a Hong Kong based brand I believe.

i was wondering before i buy some clark desert boots on-line what does the "D" after the size mean?
for example "10D(M)"

Last edited:
i was wondering before i bought some clark desert boots on-line what does the "D" after the size mean?
for example "10D(M)"

"D" stands for the width of the shoe. Shoe widths typically range from A to E, from narrow to wide. D is normal width.

Last edited:
Reactions: wj4
I been plotting on a denim button up for awhile but never knew where to find one with a decent fit.

Info on this one? :nerd:
:smh::smh: i swear everybody owns and wears this denim shirt and khaki combo .Probably the reason why I stopped wearing Denim shirts because it just go too typical and cliche.

We are coming up on November....are we still doing the secret santa for the dressing better crew?

We are coming up on November....are we still doing the secret santa for the dressing better crew?
Yes, it's been on going. Grizzly is handling that. Please see my sig for more info. The deadline is November 3rd to join.

Any one buy Chinos from Lands End before? I want to buy a pair thats on sale right now but I am unsure about the quality, fit, and return policy in the event that I dont like them. I've always been against buying pants of any kind online also it never has worked in my favor.

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-elston-608-slim-fit-chino~226868_-1.html?sku_0=::F23

Never chinos but I've had some of there other stuff before and my mom buys things form them. Just go to a Sears and try them on. They'll have a big section dedicated to them (that may depend on the Sears though since I think the one next to me is more "upscale" for lack of a better term)

Info on this one? 
nerd.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
i swear everybody owns and wears this denim shirt and khaki combo .Probably the reason why I stopped wearing Denim shirts because it just go too typical and cliche.
chill bro, you're in the dressing better thread complaining about me asking about a shirt. i ask about ONE shirt and suddenly I'm following the crowd? Na man. 

Back
Top Bottom