Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^Nah I wanted to mix it up. I love my Balenciaga's but it was time for something new. I copped the royal SLP SL/10H. Will post pics when I get them.

The official shoe of Instagram :smh:

Yep. They stopped taking order. Drew no longer has interest in the field and is focusing on his restaurants. He tried selling the business but didn't land a deal he liked so TOJ is shutting down for now.

Are they actually shut down? There's guys on SF that have been waiting over a year for their orders. I don't care what the circumstances are - that's unacceptable, period.

You're only 24, man laugh.gif and you got the lux sneakers.

I'm 28, turning 29 next year. I'm saving up for major events, ie marriage and relocation or termination. It's an eye opener for me to see so many folks at my firm getting canned in order to save $300 M. Gonna be hard for those without college degrees getting comparable jobs that pay $200k annually.

Actually you're smart for saving up for stuff like that.

The official shoe of Instagram :smh:

I don't have instagram. Real street cat here.

Actually you're smart for saving up for stuff like that.
I don't have instagram. Real street cat here.
Not actually term, but cut back. Lots of folks were laid off, man.

I'm always actively looking though since I'm marketable and mobile. Interviewed with at least 30 firms. Turned down a couple job offers.

I'm pretty content with what I have. I just spend money with the girl I'm dating now. Making memories, b.

Street cat? I hope you're posting on da sidekick, b.

Last edited:
I'm still going back and forth on Balenciagas, CP's, or just copping a leather DR. Likely a RTW TOJ.

Handful of acronyms up there :lol:

Get CPs and a DR. Did you see the Styleforum x Vanson/Thurston Bros link I posted?
I did. I browsed. I haz the excites.

But that would run more than a ToJ..

Not necessarily. Like I said, the pricing will likely be around ~$700, maybe even less. By the time TOJ ended, the cheapest full leather offered was $780.

Unless you mean it would run more than a used TOJ?

I'm still going back and forth on Balenciagas, CP's, or just copping a leather DR. Likely a RTW TOJ.

Handful of acronyms up there :lol:

Get CPs and a DR. Did you see the Styleforum x Vanson/Thurston Bros link I posted?
I did. I browsed. I haz the excites.

But that would run more than a ToJ..

Not necessarily. Like I said, the pricing will likely be around ~$700, maybe even less. By the time TOJ ended, the cheapest full leather offered was $780.

Unless you mean it would run more than a used TOJ?
Precisely.

As stated, I'm not waiting 8 months on a jacket man. I'd rather wait til someone puts theirs up for sale.

Well, it's too late to order a TOJ anyway so that's not what I'm talking about.

If you're considering it, the SFxVanson jacket will be

I'm considering it, but reading through that thread I have no idea what the actual jacket looks like. It seems like it hasn't been finalized yet. I will follow it though...

Last edited:
I'm considering it, but reading through that thread I have no idea what the actual jacket looks like. It seems like it hasn't been finalized yet. I will follow it though...

LAGuy, the admin of Styleforum will receive the prototype within the next 2 months or so.

There are some PS images of what the jacket will look like, but there are no actual pictures because the jacket doesn't even exist yet

Last edited:
Used TOJs are soaring now in prices. I'm seeing dudes selling used joints for the retail prices.

I agree and disagree, while I do buy most of my stuff for work, I do not believe you have to wear those brands to fit in the office but I recognize that there is sort of a "uniform" in most settings. 

All of my dress shoes are ~$250 from AE, my shirts are ~$80 from Kamukara and my suits are from a former colleague who started his own custom clothing shop so he provides me a great F&F discount. While I was in IB, I did not stick out like a sore thumb by wearing this, I work at a hedge fund now so it's a lot more casual and I typically wear a dress shirt, trousers and AE loafers

On your point on thrift shops in NYC, there are a few in the East Village that sometimes have gems, but most mostly in non-popular sizes   

Mind sharing who this custom clothing shop is?

Worst. Show. Ever.

I.Like.That.Show.A.Lot.

Yep. They stopped taking order. Drew no longer has interest in the field and is focusing on his restaurants. He tried selling the business but didn't land a deal he liked so TOJ is shutting down for now.

Hank: Armoury is top end stuff. It caters to the top tier of Hong Kong folks and then came to the states. I know they have a lot of backing financially and that really separates them from the other niche stores. I would probably never shop there since I have no desire to own $5k suits and bespoke shoes. The brand does get approval from even the most uptight SF dudes so I'm sure you can't go wrong.

Re: buying clothes. I've amassed a good wardrobe since 2009 or so. I would rather use the money to travel or save up. I no longer care much if my jacket is fully canvassed or half. And yes I've heard of Bonobo.

They do carry middle-tier stuff though. Besides Epaulet they are one of the only other places to carry Carmina in NYC.

If i was gay we would make an awesome biracial homosexual couple. No ayo.

:nerd:...

Mind sharing who this custom clothing shop is?

Sure thing -- https://www.wearlabel.com/, they have an office around Gramercy in NYC 

I have not used any of the other MTM shops mentioned here so I can not compare them in quality but they always do a great job and the prices are in in the range of Suit Supply but are fully canvassed suits and have superior detail; I highly recommend them but I can not vouch to say that they're better or worse than TaT or others 

Yeah. Deepest it goes is around 65 percent I believe.
You're only 24, man :lol: and you got the lux sneakers.

I'm 28, turning 29 next year. I'm saving up for major events, ie marriage and relocation or termination. It's an eye opener for me to see so many folks at my firm getting canned in order to save $300 M. Gonna be hard for those without college degrees getting comparable jobs that pay $200k annually.

Plus my closet is near darn full too :lol:

wait...what jobs are paying 200K without college degrees? lol...:nerd::nerd::nerd:

Can anyone recommend and start me with what business casual is and where I can buy some nice business casual shirts and pants?

khakis/slacks with a sport shirt/dress shirt, with shoes/loafers. In the summer you may be able to pull off a polo shirt with khakis/slacks depending on the culture of your employer.

Last edited:
wait...what jobs are paying 200K without college degrees? lol...:nerd::nerd::nerd:
Old timers who started as line workers who moved up to become supervisor then manager then director then regional director. Possible back then. Not so much now.

Most are in their 50s and 60s already....especially they've been working at the company their whole lives.

Sure thing -- https://www.wearlabel.com/, they have an office around Gramercy in NYC 

I have not used any of the other MTM shops mentioned here so I can not compare them in quality but they always do a great job and the prices are in in the range of Suit Supply but are fully canvassed suits and have superior detail; I highly recommend them but I can not vouch to say that they're better or worse than TaT or others 

I like what I see and $700 for Fully Canvassed is great! Definitely an alternative to bespoke. From your experience is the average price of a suit around that price? Granted i know you get a better price than the average consumer.

I like what I see and $700 for Fully Canvassed is great! Definitely an alternative to bespoke. From your experience is the average price of a suit around that price? Granted i know you get a better price than the average consumer.
Yea, all of my suits are the baseline $658 (does not include tax), all come fully canvassed with functional button holes and your choice of lapel / pocket style, belt / no-belt, etc. (all included in price), the price goes up based on choice of fabric and level of hand work.

No pressure at all, but if you decide to go and you like what you see, send me a PM and I can see if I can get you a discount; for reference the F&F discount is 15% so the price is ~$600 after-tax

Back
Top Bottom